Started on: 05-11-2006 07:56 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: 87GT_97114 on 05-11-2006 05:39 PM
hugh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughClick Here to Email hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I plan on retiring sometime after the summer is over.I bought a 25 foot motor home(1992 Mallard) that has a 383 gas engine.The engine may get as much as 7.5 to 8 miles per gallon.This is all new to me and if there are any experienced RV'ers out there,do you have any advise?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Click Here to Email avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is a good link for you: http://www.koa.com/
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Whenever you go to vacation at an RV park, be prepared to be over run by other retired folks that want to sit and talk for hours and hours and hours. If you want to have a little privacy, put a sign on your door advertising how you sell one of those 'high pressure' products (Amway? Herbal-Life supplements and stuff that you have to sit and listen to a sales pitch) or some obscure insurance and "Please knock for details." They will avoid you like the plague
Are you heading south anytime soon?
achawkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageClick Here to Email achawkinsSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Are you crazy!?! Haven't you seen any of those movies? ANY time someone goes out in a motor home, said person will encounter....

have a flat tire
run into a bear
run out of gas
nearly fall of a cliff
get swept downstream by strong currents
encounter an angry bee hive
tick off a trigger happy yokel
step on a snake
meet a wacky neighbor at the rv park...

Be sure that hilarity will insue, but not for you.
Your trip will take about 90 minuets but seem like a week.
When all is said and done your teenage doughter will love you like a father, your younger son will respect you as an accomplished outdoorsman.
Your wife will love you more and ask to continue the RV trip for another week.

Hope that made sense, I've got no desire to proofread or spelcheck.
Happy trails!

Hmmm, maybe sleep IS that important.

87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
Take a careful look at the engine and trans. What may seem "low miles" may be misleading. 60K in a car is one thing but with an 8 to 12000 lb RV is totally different in terms of wear and tear.

KOA is OK, but look here http://www.goodsamclub.com

I don't travel a lot but here's my setup, minus the F250 in storage. Cheap living, I own everything outright, space is $315/mo

------------------

'87 GT, daily driver
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'84 F250 Xcab, BIG parts runner
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndyClick Here to Email CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
My dad retires next year and he bought one last summer to see if he would like it....and he LOVES it!!!!

He has had no complaints on his.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT_97114:

Take a careful look at the engine and trans. What may seem "low miles" may be misleading. 60K in a car is one thing but with an 8 to 12000 lb RV is totally different in terms of wear and tear.

KOA is OK, but look here http://www.goodsamclub.com

I don't travel a lot but here's my setup, minus the F250 in storage. Cheap living, I own everything outright, space is $315/mo

315 a month
Thats 15 dollars more a month than my rent.
Course we have to pay electric, and gas. Water is included though.

Brad
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:
315 a month
Thats 15 dollars more a month than my rent.
Course we have to pay electric, and gas. Water is included though.

Brad

Around here a 1 bdrm apartment is over $500 for a dump, where English is a foreign language.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock