Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Sony announces a launch date and price for the PS3...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Sony announces a launch date and price for the PS3... by Deabionni
Started on: 05-09-2006 01:30 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 86GT3.4DOHC on 05-10-2006 02:24 PM
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
...but at $500 to $600, I think I'll just continue to play games on my PC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12688905/

Sony said its next-generation game console would be released in North America and Europe on Nov. 17, in time for the key holiday shopping period. ~ The console will come in two versions, one with a 20-gigabyte hard drive for $499 and one with a 60-gigabyte drive, for $599.

I'm a big fan of the Gran Turismo series, but I just may wait a while before picking up the next one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I cant see paying that price either. Maybe I'm getting old but waiting for the price to come down seems like a good idea. Although it does come out a day after my birthday.........Who am I kidding if the PS3 comes out on time I'll have a heart attack. I have seen some video and the system looks a tad bit better then the XBOX.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Remeber they reported the psp to hit the market at over 700 bucks. I'll believe that price when I see it on the box. Until then I'll stick with common sense which tells me they have to compete with the 360.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Man, PS3 is gonna kick XBOX360 ass! I'm glad Sony still went along with blue-ray. You can probably outfit the PS3 with a larger hard drive than what it comes with. 700 dollars is damn expensive though.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Man, PS3 is gonna kick XBOX360 ass! I'm glad Sony still went along with blue-ray. You can probably outfit the PS3 with a larger hard drive than what it comes with. 700 dollars is damn expensive though.

Sony shot themselves in the foot. Even with Blue Ray. I believe the HD-DVD will be the standard and Blue-ray will go like the betamax.
Wht&BluGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wht&BluGTSend a Private Message to Wht&BluGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:
You can probably outfit the PS3 with a larger hard drive than what it comes with.

external HD on the 360, i mean thats got to be one of the reasons for so many usb ports
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Sony shot themselves in the foot. Even with Blue Ray. I believe the HD-DVD will be the standard and Blue-ray will go like the betamax.

Is this "Blue Ray" a new laser technology that uses light in the blue bandwidth? If so DANG about time, they've been talking about that since... god what was it 2000? I think the PC world more or less abandoned it with the popularity of DVDs.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock