Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Porter Goss resigns, link to Duke Cunningham and Prostitutes

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Porter Goss resigns, link to Duke Cunningham and Prostitutes by connecticutFIERO
Started on: 05-05-2006 02:00 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: connecticutFIERO on 05-12-2006 01:18 PM
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Yeah I know what you're thinking. Big meanie CTfiero is picking on the poor Bush administration again. But WAIT! I was searching for WHY Porter Goss might be resigning when I found this tabloid sounding article. I figured it might be interesting to post this before the major media outlets start digging up on the why.

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2006/4/30/21319/3799

Anonymous prostitute produces photographic evidence of upper level CIA and Bush administration involvement in prostitution for favors ring

Washington, DC (Rotters) - A Washington, DC area prostitute has come forwards lending credence to the allegations of CIA officials' involvements in wild poker parties and prostitution exchanged in favors for legislation. The prostitute who remained nameless and in an undisclosed location has released pictures to Rotters and talked with its reporters about his story.

CIA Director Porter Goss has vehemently denied any involvement in the growing scandal. Personal support for his number three man Dustin "Dusty" Foggo, who is also reputedly involved, has been lukewarm at best. Both men now appear to have been longtime participants in Republican sponsored poker get-togethers which frequently deteriorated in various levels of debauchery. The parties were first organized as informal get-togethers at the Virginia home of Brent Wilkes, a recently identified co-conspirator in the bribery case of former Representative Randy "Duke" Cunningham.

Rotters anonymous prostitute source claims that he first became involved over 15 years ago. He stated that one of the participants' favorite games was something they called "stripper poker". As a sort of side bet, the winner of the hand was allowed to remove a piece of clothing from the stripper. He states that the game initially never went past this, but as the years progressed the participants seemed to become bored, and insisted that he participate in varying scenarios of bondage and humiliation, bordering upon torture.
Oh

My

GOD!

!

!

!

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 05-05-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Are you suggesting there's more to this story you've linked to than just total fiction?
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Are you suggesting there's more to this story you've linked to than just total fiction?

Hmmm? I simply said that we may see this story being picked up by reputable news organizations as a possible reason for Porter's resignation. BTW, how do you know it's fiction? All I know is that it seems tabloidy to me, but then again Goss did just resign for no reason at all. Even Fox news is saying there is something fishy going on. CNN and MSNBC both have covered this "hookergate" story as a possible reason. We'll see what comes of it. I just thought it was interesting. This is the kind of thing that people really cling to in the news. Even if it is a second rate story compared with war and a disappearing middle class.
Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like he ruffled too many feathers.. but that's just my take on it.
http://www.startribune.com/587/story/414555.html

"Goss came under fire almost immediately, in part because he brought with him several top aides from Congress, who were considered highly political for the CIA.

He had particularly poor relations with segments of the agency's powerful clandestine service. In a bleak assessment, California Rep. Jane Harman, the Intelligence Committee's top Democrat, recently said, "The CIA is in a free fall," noting that employees with a combined 300 years of experience have left or been pushed out. "

"Rep. David Obey, D-Wis., said Goss' resignation was good news. "His management style has been wrecking the country's most important intelligence agency," Obey said. "I hope that whoever is selected to take his place will rebuild agency morale and competence."

Negroponte, with the backing of the White House, raised with Goss the prospect that he should leave, and the two talked about that possibility, a senior administration official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to provide a fuller account of what happened. "
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Hmmm? I simply said that we may see this story being picked up by reputable news organizations as a possible reason for Porter's resignation. BTW, how do you know it's fiction?

Here’s the same story at Unconfirmed Sources (from a link at your site). You’ll notice at the bottom it clearly states the following:

Unconfirmed Sources political satire and news story parodies as represented above are written as satire or parody. They are, of course, fictitious.

Making it even more clear is the following Disclaimer.

I’m disappointed with your response to my question. You appear to be trying to pass off this satire as something truly newsworthy. My opinion may or may not mean anything to you, but in my eyes your credibility has unfortunately now been somewhat tarnished here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-06-2006).]

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Even if it is a second rate story compared with war and a disappearing middle class.

If this is real, then I don't consider it a second rate story and here is why. I don't want people with lots of responsibility in the government engaged in certain kinds of behavior--setting morality issues aside.

I don't want these people being alcoholics--potentially affects judgement. I don't want them using marijuana--potentially affects judgement. I don't want them using other drugs. Too much potential for getting in trouble and then associating in wrong ways with wrong people. I don't want them involved in prostitution. Too much potential for blackmail, coersion, etc.

I am sure there are a large percentage of people that can do these things and not let it affect their work performance at all. But I'm not willing to take that chance with people at high levels of government and the degree of responsibility entrusted to them.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
While I agree with you FL, it didn't seem to matter to Conn that President Clinton was getting blow jobs in the Oval Office by an intern. I'm confused as to why he should care about this.

John Stricker

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
If this is real, then I don't consider it a second rate story and here is why. I don't want people with lots of responsibility in the government engaged in certain kinds of behavior--setting morality issues aside.

I don't want these people being alcoholics--potentially affects judgement. I don't want them using marijuana--potentially affects judgement. I don't want them using other drugs. Too much potential for getting in trouble and then associating in wrong ways with wrong people. I don't want them involved in prostitution. Too much potential for blackmail, coersion, etc.

I am sure there are a large percentage of people that can do these things and not let it affect their work performance at all. But I'm not willing to take that chance with people at high levels of government and the degree of responsibility entrusted to them.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
OK, I've been wondering about this paradox for a while and didn't want to start a whole thread about it. But since Jstriker brought up the subject, here's my question:
Vice president Dick Cheney shot his friend in the face.
Sure it was in the headlines for a short while, but nothing really came of it (I'm OK with that.)
President Bill Clinton shot HIS friend in the face, and got impeached!
A double standard?
I think so.
The damned right wing controlled media conspiracy is behind this, if you ask me.
Or maybe the unions....

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-05-2006).]

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

OK, I've been wondering about this paradox for a while and didn't want to start a whole thread about it. But since Jstriker brought up the subject, here's my question:
Sure it was in the headlines for a short while, but nothing really came of it (I'm OK with that.)
A double standard?
I think so.
The damned right wing controlled media conspiracy is behind this, if you ask me.
Or maybe the unions....

Pssst.. umm..
Clinton lied in front of a grand jury about it..
Cheney admitted it.. and his buddy said oops..

but.. hey put your spin on it..

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Where is the double standard?

There are hunting accidents all the time, it happens and there are almost never any charges filed in legitimate ones. The local hospital here treats 4-6 shootings every first weekend of pheasant season here. If someone gets killed, the family might pursue a civil suit, but I've never heard of any charges being filed in a situation like happened with Cheney, that is two friends hunting together and one of them being shot.

You're right, though, in that there is a double standard, but not by me. If Goss was guilty of these apparently made up allegations then I'd be the first one to say he should be GONE and good riddance. OTOH, you've never heard me say that Clinton should have been impeached for his inablity to keep his fly shut. I've said repeatedly that when the questions about Monica Lewinsky came from Starr he should have simply said "This interview is over" and gotten up and walked out and made them get court orders to testify and then told the public WHY he refused to testify to the questions being asked. He didn't do that, though. He lied under oath then he lied in a national address to the US citizens and THAT, my friend, is something to be impeached over.

So tell me, where do I have a double standard?

John Stricker

A double standard?
I think so.
Or maybe the unions....

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

A double standard?
I think so.
Or maybe the unions....

I thought it was the cover up that was the impeachable offense-lying to congress or under oath or something. Did Cheny cover up his shooting episode?
PFF
System Bot
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

Musta loved JFK then?
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
At that time, and you have to remember that I was about 6 years old, there wasn't much of a hint of anything like smoking grass or sexual misconduct from the White House. The Kennedy Presidency really was thought of more as a coronation and it was even called Camelot.

I do remember that my dad in particular did not trust John Kennedy at all. Not for anything he had done himself, but for Joe Kennedy's mob contacts and rumors of pandering to organized crime. He did start to warm up to him a little when Bobby started going after organized crime a bit as attorney general and one hypothesis is that JFK was assasinated by factions of the mob because of it.

In general, though, it might be easy for us to say "It's none of our business" when in fact it may be quite important to us. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a man with a serious lack of zippper control was maneuvered into a position where blackmail and pressure could be placed on them through incriminating pictures or stories. In President Clinton's case, he was willing to perjur himself to keep other people from finding out. What else *MIGHT* he (or any other person of high position) be willing to do to keep this quiet? Pass on national secrets? Foreign Aid? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he did (or even thought about doing) anything like that, in fact I don't think he did, but he put himself in a position that could be used against not just him, but the US.

John Stricker

Originally posted by DtheC:

Musta loved JFK then?

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2006 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Apparently Goss has driven out centuries of high-level experience from the CIA, and current and ex insiders say that the CIA is less capable and has the lowest morale that it has ever had.

But that's ok, since the CIA was demoted to a second-class agency under the Fatherland Defence agency it's not surprising that it's unravelling. The NSA is apparently picking up the slack, but not enough.

Too bad for us, I guess.

JazzMan
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Huh. A liberal feeling sorry for the CIA. That comet must be going to hit.

John Stricker

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Apparently Goss has driven out centuries of high-level experience from the CIA, and current and ex insiders say that the CIA is less capable and has the lowest morale that it has ever had.

But that's ok, since the CIA was demoted to a second-class agency under the Fatherland Defence agency it's not surprising that it's unravelling. The NSA is apparently picking up the slack, but not enough.

Too bad for us, I guess.

JazzMan

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Still think all this business of Porter Goss resigning under questionable circumstances is just mumbo jumbo?

"FBI searches home, office of CIA executive director
Foggo under investigation for ties to contractor in bribery case

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/cia.foggo.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Law enforcement officials executed search warrants Friday on the house and office of CIA's outgoing executive director, the FBI said.

The agency's third ranking official, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, has been under investigation by the FBI, IRS, Defense Criminal Investigative Service and the CIA's inspector general, said FBI spokeswoman April Langwell in San Diego.

Under a sealed warrant, officials searched Foggo's Virginia home and his office at the CIA's Langley, Virginia, campus, Langwell said. She could provide no other details.

The FBI and other agencies have been investigating whether Foggo improperly intervened in the award of contracts to a San Diego businessman and personal friend, Brent Wilkes, who has been implicated in a congressional bribery scandal."

The Loss of Goss
Why did the CIA’s chief resign so abruptly?
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2006. By Ken Silverstein.

http://harpers.org/sb-loss-of-goss-3025720.html

"That scandal continues to unfold. Dusty Foggo, Goss's once-surprise pick for the CIA's number-three post (who reportedly quit today), has acknowledged attending parties thrown by Brent Wilkes, the defense contractor who allegedly bribed Cunningham, at the Watergate Hotel. Foggo is now under investigation, and his ties to Wilkes are being scrutinized by Cunningham-case investigators and internally at the CIA. Foggo has denied having any knowledge regarding the prostitutes who allegedly attended the parties. Goss, through the CIA press office, claims never to have attended the parties at all.

The names of two other people with ties to Goss have surfaced in connection with the Cunningham scandal. One of them is a man nicknamed “Nine Fingers,” whom Newsweek identified as Brant Bassett. “An eyewitness,” reads the article, “(who asked not to be identified commenting on sensitive matters) told Newsweek that in 1999, Foggo, Cunningham and [Bassett] attended an all-male Wilkes poker party at the Westin Grand Hotel in Washington.” I was also told by one well-connected former CIA officer that Bassett is one of the agency’s old Soviet hands who “always managed to get himself into trouble.”

“This,” said the former CIA officer of Goss's resignation, “was not expected. No one, including Goss, knew it was coming.”

Meanwhile, I double-checked with my sources regarding who attended Wilkes’s parties, and all of them repeated what they had said before: over the years, at least six former and current members of Congress were said to have been at events sponsored by Wilkes, and their names have apparently been provided to investigators in the Cunningham case. Also, it wasn't only congressmen who were at the parties; intelligence officials, businessmen, and assorted hangers-on also attended. (As we previously noted, some of the attendees may have simply dropped by for a drink.) "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock