Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Are you Republican or Democratic? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Are you Republican or Democratic? by fierogtowner
Started on: 04-29-2006 07:23 AM
Replies: 116
Last post by: Scott-Wa on 05-06-2006 05:58 PM
fierogtowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
I think you should be one of those, at least. Since being independent or whatever won't do a god damn thing when the country is split in the majority of the two. The only vote that will really matter is if you're one of those. I'm democratic and will always will be no matter if I had $ millions. I know white people have a hard time expressing themselves with this question, I am white, so just tell me so I know which side you're on.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

I think you should be one of those, at least. Since being independent or whatever won't do a god damn thing when the country is split in the majority of the two. The only vote that will really matter is if you're one of those. I'm democratic and will always will be no matter if I had $ millions. I know white people have a hard time expressing themselves with this question, I am white, so just tell me so I know which side you're on.

I am Republican, but thinking about changing to independent because I just can't see the party system. It sounds to much like Russia. I had rather vote for the person rather than the party. And right now I am not to pleased with George.
Don

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

The only vote that will really matter is if you're one of those.

Every vote counts. Why would someone vote for one of those if they do not agree with them ?
GTFiero87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero87Send a Private Message to GTFiero87Direct Link to This Post

Me too. I am a blue collar democrat and will always be one.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT - 60k
Law of Mechanical Repair:
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch or you'll have to pee... never fails.

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I used to be republican, Bush has pertty much cured me of that!!! More of an independant these days, If enough people vote Independent it will make a difference.

On a related note, the electoral collage has to go!!! Joe
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I'm Republican and always will be ..... but not too happy about it at the moment !

The current administration is mucking everything up pretty good ..... I wish G2 was more like G1 !!!

We are now going on 14 years of lies, deception and sheer stupidity coming out of the Oval Office.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Republican, until there is a better choice. That better choice is almost certainly NOT going to be a Democrat.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Blue collar Independant Republicrat here.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Libertarian/conservative
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Independent
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Democrat/Libertarian
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

I know white people have a hard time expressing themselves with this question, I am white, so just tell me so I know which side you're on.

I can't even begin to guess what this statement means, but whatever...

In the first place, Being a Republican or a Democrat does not mean you are on a "side". You might as well ask who here are men or women and distinguish themselves by which side they are on. It is an ideological distinction. Nothing more.

Personally, I have been a Republican all my life because I believe in the goal of expanding freedom for all mankind to all corners of the world, I believe in national pride, fiscal responsibility, civil rights, a strong national defense, and less government being a better thing.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 04-29-2006).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

fierogtowner said: Are you Republican or Democratic?

NO
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

I know white people have a hard time expressing themselves with this question, I am white, so just tell me so I know which side you're on.

K-rist! That isn't even a statement from left field. That statement came from someone still tailgating in the bottom of the 7th!

Ummmm, I am white and I am a moderate Republican. And I didn't have a hard time expressing myself with this question.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Libertarian.

You don't have to vote for Democrats or Republicans to make a difference.

If it wasn't for Ross Perot in 1992, Bill Clinton probably wouldn't have won. Ralph Nader is despised by Democrats and blamed for having Gore lose the election in 2000.

3rd parties do make a difference.

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
I am independent - generally libertarian (thats what those "who should you vote for" questionnaires say I am)

Independent voters are the swing voters who decide ALL of the elections.

Generally, I support a balance of power. For example, I believe Rhode Island's Republican governor is a pretty good guy, but I'm glad that we have a democratic majority in the legislature to keep him honest, and to debate his initiatives without fear of reprisals from their party.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
http://www.constitutionparty.org/

http://www.cptexas.org/index.shtml

http://www.theamericanview.com/

http://www.thelibertycommittee.org/

I am a recovering Republican. But it doesn't really matter who you vote for, it's all going to turn out the same. The international bankers are the ones with the power, and the rest is just a diversion to keep us bickering and blind.
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
I am a recovering Republican. But it doesn't really matter who you vote for, it's all going to turn out the same. The international bankers are the ones with the power, and the rest is just a diversion to keep us bickering and blind.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I shift depending on who's in power, to support the underdog. Under Clinton I was Republican, under Bush I'm Democratic. I just don't like whoever's in power, and I think we need to restrict government's power. The smaller the better, and the more freedom people have the better (up to a point, Anarchy isn't a good thing ). I think we should uphold and respect the constitution and try not to bend it to fit your agenda. I also think Presidents should be responsible for their actions. We shouldn't be policing the world, what we think is right isn't necessarily the best for everyone, if we want everyone to be free we shouldn't meddle in their affairs. If a country doesn't want to support us, we should leave them be.

I didn't like Clinton that much when he was President, but I really hate Bush.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
If Hollywood wants me to vote for guy A. I'll vote for guy B. Usually.
Berlin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BerlinSend a Private Message to BerlinDirect Link to This Post
Republican
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"
He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I am a lesbian too.
nah, some how this can be twisted into a "party" joke.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Yes I am. I go to the County, District, and State conventions too.
I might not vote straight ticket, but I do support my party and help put out signs for candidates.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:
I might not vote straight ticket.........

Are you a lesbian too ? They don't do the straight ticket either ?
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Registered Democrat, but I'm going to change it to Independant when I get around to it. I hope McCain wins the Rep. Primaries, cause he's the only person running in '08 so far that I don't despise.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cccharlie:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

I think I'm going to change affiliation to The Who party.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Before you do, would you like to join my keg party ?
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
NO!

I liked that answer and someone beat me to it...

As to the gotta be one or the other or your ineffective...

"Doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results, is the definition of crazy." So why do you support either when you know they are going to screw you as proven repeatedly?

When you act as sheep, you get slaughtered.

www.lp.org

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 04-30-2006).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:
"Doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results, is the definition of crazy." So why do you support either when you know they are going to screw you as proven repeatedly?

When you act as sheep, you get slaughtered.

www.lp.org

Because, if I vote for a minor party, instead of voting for the "lesser of evils", the latter loses a vote against the party that I *really* worry about.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

NO!

I liked that answer and someone beat me to it...

Sorry to steal your thunder there, dude.
PFF
System Bot
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Mugwump

def: mugwump is a person sitting on the fence, with his mug on one side and his wump on the other
tg
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Libertarian by philosophy. Republican as a matter of practicality (at least last time.)
I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal.
I don't much care who you sleep with as long as you don't do it on my dime.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-30-2006).]

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
I have a libertarian, socially traditional worldview, and vote accordingly. It's getting more difficult with every election.

------------------

iUsted no puede!

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

So the Iraq war was bound to occur if Gore was elected back in 2001?

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

So the Iraq war was bound to occur if Gore was elected back in 2001?

We will never know, will we?
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Nope, but you do know how Bush is.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

fierogtowner

1610 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Nope, but you know how Bush is. Didn't mean to post twice.

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 04-30-2006).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Nope, but you do know how Bush is.

Yup, and you do know how Gore is, too.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Gore=Good Bush=Bad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock