Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Are you Republican or Democratic? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Are you Republican or Democratic? by fierogtowner
Started on: 04-29-2006 07:23 AM
Replies: 116
Last post by: Scott-Wa on 05-06-2006 05:58 PM
Patrick's Dad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Libertarian by philosophy. Republican as a matter of practicality (at least last time.)
I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal.
I don't much care who you sleep with as long as you don't do it on my dime.

I am a Fiscal and Social Conservative by philosophy Republican as a matter of practicality (The platform more closely matches my worldview).

I don't much care who you sleep with as long as you don't push it in my face, or, my children's. Both sides of story:

The "gay" side
The family side

EDIT: I own page 2!

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 04-30-2006).]

IP: Logged
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
And I own the thread! Ya, what! lol.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
It's very narrowminded to assume there are only two schools of thought.

Besides, the two in question here are beginning to resemble each other more and more. It's better to have core principles and vote as they dictate.

------------------

iUsted no puede!

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Well, then why do a lot of people say they'd like Clinton relected and now Bush's approval rating is 32% and no one like's the way he handles things.

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 04-30-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2006 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Well, then why do a lot of people say they'd like Clinton relected and now Bush's approval rating is 32% and no one like's the way he handles things.

Clinton was a smoothtalker and he was cool, Bush is a bumbling idiot. I swear his IQ has dropped these 5 years.

I agree with Raydar, I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal at heart, I could care less about what you do as long as it doesn't harm me. Want to have teh buttsecks? Fine, go do it in your bedroom like everyone else, I don't want to see it while I'm eating dinner. Bush is a retard though, he's fiscally LIBERAL (spends like there's no tomorrow) and socially conservative, the exact opposite of me and my ideals.

I'm also REALLY against fanatics like these:
http://www.wimp.com/religious/
That's about as far right as one can get, she's a nut. She even makes Faux News' Hannity and Colmes look middle of the road.

[This message has been edited by Tinton (edited 04-30-2006).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:
I could care less

I'm curious, then, why don't you?

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I'm curious, then, why don't you?

I don't. As I said, you want to marry your male friend, go ahead.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:
I don't. As I said, you want to marry your male friend, go ahead.

Its "I couldn't care less" - "Couldn't", as in, you care so little, that you couldn't possibly care any less.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2006 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Ummmm... Theres really no difference between the two parties. They both are slimey, nasty, dirty pigs ultimatly sharing the same goal.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Ummmm... Theres really no difference between the two parties. They both are slimey, nasty, dirty pigs ultimatly sharing the same goal.

Yup. They're both out to get YOU, Bill!

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
registered independent. i vote by issue, sometimes dem, sumetimes rep.
if the candidates are unclear or indistinguishable, i default to "out with the old crooks, in with the new".
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im not either.......maybe could be shoehorned into one of the others. I just vote for the people and things I agree with...not whos side im labeled with.
GTFiero87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero87Send a Private Message to GTFiero87Direct Link to This Post
Most of my family are registered democrats, as I am too. They always vote dem or indep.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT - 60k
Law of Mechanical Repair:
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch or you'll have to pee... never fails.

[This message has been edited by GTFiero87 (edited 05-01-2006).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Democrat/Libertarian

WTF? I almost blew my coffee on the computer screen with that one! haha How the hell is there even a remote connection here? Or was this a joke and I missed it!

I am Libertarian forced to vote Republican to keep Democrats out of office.

The two party system (and yes it is) has done a great job at painting the Libertarians as nut cases. The Libertarians have not helped by putting fruitcakes up for nomination either. The Libertarian platform is the closest thing out there to the principals by which this country was founded. The entire power structure that the two parties fight for would not exist with a Libertarian government.
I really don't think people have a clue as to what it is about!

------------------
From the rocky shores of the Skykomish river
David Bosworth
This Fiero is mine! all mine!

squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
I would have to say that I'm definitely fiscally conservative, and my lifestyle reflects a socially conservative one as well, however I'm not for sure that the government should try to regulate morals.

I don't know that W is necessarily the best person to be in that office, even though I voted to put him there, however, what were our alternatives this time around? Kerry? You have GOT to be kidding me. A bumbling Idiot W may seem to be, but at least he's straightforward about it.

With that said, I am a registered Republican, although that's really just a label. My philosophies are probably more Libertarian. In fact, it may be the very definitition of Libertarian: "Let every person be free to do as they choose, so long as it does not interfere with another person's right to do the same."
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Overall kind of an anarchist.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Ring.... ring.... Hello kettle this is pot. Your black!

Click!

Originally posted by Red88FF:
WTF? I almost blew my coffee on the computer screen with that one! haha How the hell is there even a remote connection here? Or was this a joke and I missed it!

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Ring.... ring.... Hello kettle this is pot. Your black!

Click!

Just so we are all clear here, are you telling me you do not think there is a difference between the Republican and the Democrat parties? We can go on from there if we must but I am not sure there would be any point.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Ditto that. If Conn ever actually visited a Libertarian website I think he'd change his affiliation in a heartbeat. I actually read Ron Paul's column avery week. Great stuff.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I am registered a democrat, and tend to vote democrat. However, I also cannot believe how inept the party can be at times (well, that actually goes for both parties) and I do not just vote party lines. For example, I didn't vote for Bush either time, but I probably would have voted for John McCain had he won the 2000 nomination.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
So lets see. One party steals your money (democrats) and the other spends it (republicans).

Yeah.. Please by all means explain me all the difference between a burgalar and his fence.

Just so we are all clear here, are you telling me you do not think there is a difference between the Republican and the Democrat parties? We can go on from there if we must but I am not sure there would be any point.

PFF
System Bot
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

You sound foolish when you try to bolster an argument with unprovable generalities.

As far as Bush's approval rating, he's earned it. And, Congress is even lower.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

fogglethorpe

4828 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Republicans have no spines...they are panderers. They are slaves to their fear of pissing off people.
Democrats are the anti-party....they have become thugs, thieves, and whiners with no platform.

Both scenarios equal big government.

I predict that the GOP will lose the house and Senate this year.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

84Bill said: Yeah.. Please by all means explain me all the difference between a burgalar and his fence.

Good one!

It seems both parties share the same goal of a federally-run nanny-state. They just go about it different ways. And they disagree on how the nanny-state should be run. For all intents and purposes, we have a dominant-party system.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

So lets see. One party steals your money (democrats) and the other spends it (republicans).

Yeah.. Please by all means explain me all the difference between a burgalar and his fence.

Ooookay? I will take that as a no. I believe that it is better to have only one foot in dog poop rather than jump in with both feet up to my knees. Yup, I am picking what I see as the lesser of two evils.
One can only hope (I am not one to pray) that we can have some real political changes come about in our lifetimes or at least in our children's lifetime. I hope it will be in the form of a libertarian government, for the people, OUR PEOPLE!

Republicans piss me off.

Democrats have downright disgusted me.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Red88FF

7793 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:

Republicans have no spines...they are panderers. They are slaves to their fear of pissing off people.
Democrats are the anti-party....they have become thugs, thieves, and whiners with no platform.

Both scenarios equal big government.

I predict that the GOP will lose the house and Senate this year.

Well I see you can tell there is a difference anyway! :-) Panderers yes, spineless, not.
Your Democrat analogy was good though.

Better return your crystal ball for a refund though.

I think there might be a big gain by independents over the next few elections and then there will be (I predict, hehe) a trend by both dominant parties to start pandering to the new comers and even try to adopt there platform into theirs. We saw this on both sides of the fence when ole Ross stirred things up in 92 (I voted for him with pride)

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2006 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Now theres the ultimate in flawed thinking. Evil is evil regardless of the degree so by picking the lesser evil you still end up with evil. I realize this doesn't make much sense but believe me, it's true.

Ooookay? I will take that as a no. I believe that it is better to have only one foot in dog poop rather than jump in with both feet up to my knees. Yup, I am picking what I see as the lesser of two evils.
One can only hope (I am not one to pray) that we can have some real political changes come about in our lifetimes or at least in our children's lifetime. I hope it will be in the form of a libertarian government, for the people, OUR PEOPLE!

Republicans piss me off.

Democrats have downright disgusted me.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 05-02-2006).]

DeV8er

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeV8erSend a Private Message to DeV8erDirect Link to This Post
Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. -Sir Winston Churchill.

Politics are very much like war. We may even have to use poison gas at times .-Sir Winston Churchill.

[This message has been edited by DeV8er (edited 05-02-2006).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Now theres the ultimate in flawed thinking. Evil is evil regardless of the degree so by picking the lesser evil you still end up with evil. I realize this doesn't make much sense but believe me, it's true.

Politicians are flawed because humans are flawed. Are there any perfect people? If the answer is no, then there are no perfect politicians (or candidates for office).

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Flawed thinking? I think not! What it is a difficult choice intelligent adults have to make every frickin day of there lives! Doing anything less or nothing at all is not only stupid but is a total relinquishing of what little control you still have left to effect the quality of your life, fellow man/women's life and your family in any sort of positive way!

I will always pick the lesser of two evils, or let's say wrongs or even bad things. It is simple math. Evil is evil, so what, what's new about that!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Ummkay.. so voting for evil is ok in your eyes? Sorry but as a responsible "adult" I have FAR more integrity than that.

Flawed thinking? I think not! What it is a difficult choice intelligent adults have to make every frickin day of there lives! Doing anything less or nothing at all is not only stupid but is a total relinquishing of what little control you still have left to effect the quality of your life, fellow man/women's life and your family in any sort of positive way!

I will always pick the lesser of two evils, or let's say wrongs or even bad things. It is simple math. Evil is evil, so what, what's new about that!

In that case Sir, YOU are the evil that seeks to destroy this country. YOU voted this evil into office and I hold you equally responsible for what heppens when YOUR representitives screw this country up.

There is an alternative and you need to find it if that is truely what you seek.
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
If thats the case then why do we need them?

According to the Constitution of the United States of America I have the right to decide whats best for myself and my life so long as I do not infringe on anyone elses right to do the same. IE I don't need you OR the government to tell me how to live. I'm supposed to have the freedom TO DECIDE FOR MYSELF whats best for me.

Originally posted by fierobear:
Politicians are flawed because humans are flawed. Are there any perfect people? If the answer is no, then there are no perfect politicians (or candidates for office).

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

The two party system (and yes it is) has done a great job at painting the Libertarians as nut cases. The Libertarians have not helped by putting fruitcakes up for nomination either. The Libertarian platform is the closest thing out there to the principals by which this country was founded. The entire power structure that the two parties fight for would not exist with a Libertarian government.
I really don't think people have a clue as to what it is about!

Clarification. I am NOW a registered Democrat. Pushed there because of my disgust for the current Republican messes. I mentioned Libertarian, not because I am registered as one but because I agree with their core principle of "Government out of people's lives". Contrary to what you may think, it is perfectly legitimate to both be a Democrat and not agree with the Nanny mentality that sometimes shows it's head on the far flung liberal left. I for instance don't like overly restrictive gun laws, drug laws, reproductive laws, and parenting laws which all also happen to coincide with the Libertarian core view . I don't like many of the nutcase Libertarian views, but I believe the core is correct on many issues. Democrats happen to be for a liberal privacy policy, drug policy, reproductive rights, yet are tetering on gun laws and parenting laws. So although I am a Democrat, I am trying to move the Democratic party towards a more hands off approach on certain issues.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

fierobear said: Politicians are flawed because humans are flawed. Are there any perfect people? If the answer is no, then there are no perfect politicians (or candidates for office).

I understand that nobody is perfect. And I'm not expecting perfect people to run for office. That would be just a bit unrealistic.

But it WOULD be nice to see a candidate with more integrity and morality than a crack whore. Is that too much to ask?
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
Clarification. I am NOW a registered Democrat. Pushed there because of my disgust for the current Republican messes. I mentioned Libertarian, not because I am registered as one but because I agree with their core principle of "Government out of people's lives". Contrary to what you may think, it is perfectly legitimate to both be a Democrat and not agree with the Nanny mentality that sometimes shows it's head on the far flung liberal left. I for instance don't like overly restrictive gun laws, drug laws, reproductive laws, and parenting laws which all also happen to coincide with the Libertarian core view . I don't like many of the nutcase Libertarian views, but I believe the core is correct on many issues. Democrats happen to be for a liberal privacy policy, drug policy, reproductive rights, yet are tetering on gun laws and parenting laws. So although I am a Democrat, I am trying to move the Democratic party towards a more hands off approach on certain issues.

Well,,That was actually a pretty good response! Unlike some other posts by the person that can't seem to get a grip on the harsh realities of the world. Ya,, I'm evil hah maybe the 7up of evil hehehe

We all try and fit in where we feel comfortable and side with groups that at least share a majority of our values and either overlook what we do not like or try and make changes. This IS choosing the lesser of two evils.

I think the Libertarian core issues are much less restrictive than you have portrayed though and much of the functions of government as we know it today would not exist. There would be an end to most all social programs and we would rarely find ourselves at war (real war) because we would be back to a constitutional army only, and correct me if I am wrong but most all drug laws would be thrown out the window! I would pretty much be free do pursue my happiness as long as it did not infringe on your rights to do so! and I also would not be responsible for others mistakes and bad choices they may have made. This is of course to harsh for most people. sheesh!

I feel that as far as the political parties that are in place today go that the Democrats, which are for better or worse mainly associated with the extreme liberal left are pretty much as far away from the libertarians as you can go! that is why I thought it was so funny :-) The same kind of stereo type is placed on Republicans as to the association with the religious right. This is of course due to the pandering both parties have done to the far field to get elected.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Speeking of grip. Can you come to grips with the fact that you are responsible for the sad state of affairs this country is in due to a republican majority run government? I mean you are the genius who voted for the idiots I didn't. Can't blame any of this crap on me.

Well,,That was actually a pretty good response! Unlike some other posts by the person that can't seem to get a grip on the harsh realities of the world. Ya,, I'm evil hah maybe the 7up of evil hehehe

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Can't blame any of this crap on me.

Record Economic Growth
Record Low Unemployment
50,000,000 freed slaves in the middle east
Saddam Hussein on trial in Iraq
etc
etc
etc.

Whew, I'm glad we can't blame this "crap" on you.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
If thats all you can come up with Tard, it's kinda sad.

Originally posted by Toddster:
Record Economic Growth
Record Low Unemployment
50,000,000 freed slaves in the middle east
Saddam Hussein on trial in Iraq
etc
etc
etc.

Whew, I'm glad we can't blame this "crap" on you.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

So the Iraq war was bound to occur if Gore was elected back in 2001?

(sorry, I've been away from O/T for a while)
Gore would not have walked into war like that, but something else would have increased our deficit spending. Democrats are just as good at that as Republicans, if not better.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
I almost guarantee the next election in 2008 will be a democrat in office and just watch how smooth things will go for our economy, no uselss unaccomplished wars, lower gas prices, and I would say fix the deficit but Bush pretty much keeps spending money, so he's accomplished ****ing up that part. Oh and did I mention Bush is probably the worst President EVER, in my opinion he IS the worst and hate his smirk and laugh and how he handles things no exit strategy and there was never any mission accomplished so he lied again, but that's Bush so it doesn't surprise me.

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 05-03-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock