Started on: 04-28-2006 06:34 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 04-28-2006 08:36 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Silly question..or maybe not. Been taking 2 Captopril every day...had some bad news this afternoon..blood pressure like a yo-yo.Diastolic reading getting higher and higher..105 at the moment..systolic at 150. Phoned the medical centre again..asked me if I felt dizzy or had pains.No.Told me to check it again in 1 hour...great!! My silly question (for anybody who knows, if Frontal Lobe is not online). Should I swallow the tablets, or let them dissolve under my tongue?(they smell and taste too, I should imagine, like cat's pee). My pulse rate is now 84..and getting worried will only make it worse, I know. I would drive to the hospital, but don't want to risk it.Also don't want to worry Ellie either.(she is at work) send an ambulance if the reading goes up any more, but being Friday night (12 midnight) there are not any ambulances available...WTF??? I have been swallowing the tablets whole..should I let them dissolve? No instructions on the packet..just says take tablet as directed.Anybody?
Nick

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is some info for you.
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-964-Captopril+Oral.aspx?drugid=964&drugname=Captopri l+Oral
It looks like you just swallow the pills.

HOW TO USE:
Take this medication by mouth, usually two to three times a day; or as directed by your doctor. Take this drug on an empty stomach, one hour before a meal. Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. Remember to use it at the same time(s) each day.

Some of the side effects:
You may experience dizziness, light-headedness, loss of taste, dry cough or blurred vision as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 04-28-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Jokes on you Nick it is cat pee......

Sorry I had to.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Drink two Schlitz and call me in the morning.

Originally posted by fierofetish:
Captopril....

Gel form or pill ?
My medical experience is on the recieving end but I would say chew them up, swallow them, let the stomache do the job of putting it in your body. It is not a throat lozenge's.
You want the medicine in your body. When I leave Schlitz under my tounge, nothing happens .
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Drink two Schlitz and call me in the morning.
Gel form or pill ?
My medical experience is on the recieving end but I would say chew them up, swallow them, let the stomache do the job of putting it in your body. It is not a throat lozenge's.
You want the medicine in your body. When I leave Schlitz under my tounge, nothing happens .

LoL
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
When I leave Schlitz under my tounge, nothing happens .

Except I salavitate and it ends up in my stomache anyway. Scientific fact.
Hey, it's Friday night .
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
LOL!! At least you lot cheer me up!! Hahaha!! Just that, when I was in the medical centre, they told me to put the pills they gave me under my tongue...hence the horrible taste!!It seems to be keeping my systolic pressure down, but the diastolic is going up..the internet is NOT your friend when you question what may be wrong with you!! Gonna stop reading about symptoms etc...becoming a hypochondriac!!
Nick
PS Thanks for the link John!!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is probably what they gave you under your tounge

A medicine called nitroglycerin (nitro) can widen or dilate the arteries and improve blood flow to your heart. Nitro can be given through a skin patch, pills, an ointment, or a spray.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 04-28-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Wow!! Isn't that stuff explosive??
Thanks Jake. Ellie is home now,so I am safe!! Haha!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-28-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Laughter the best medicine.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock