Started on: 04-25-2006 02:58 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: cliffw on 04-25-2006 04:55 PM
Red88FF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Thought I might share with you folks one of my other hobbies. I call my Fiero a hobby because it is not really my daily driver,,,,, though I seem to drive it more and more all the time! OK I drive it almost all the time now! Did I say how much I love that car!

Being the type of guy that likes to tinker and fiddle with things I bought a set of plans and built myself a Mississippi speedster designed by Bob Windt one of the pioneers of personal hovercraft and who many refer to as the God Father of personal hovercraft in the US. The feeling of speed in this craft is fantastic and you are basically in a constant state of sliding around all the time ļ.
It is really more fun than a guy should be aloud to have! And basically the thing just looks cooler that %$#@ just parked too.
A guy/gal can build something like this for next to nothing compared with purchasing a factory built one.

Just by being a member of the Fiero group it is assumed you like machines with slick lines and will give you a bit of a thrill when driving! Sooooo I thought maybe I could turn you guys and gals onto something else that might give your life a little extra thrill. Plus like a Fiero or other cool cars they are great to just stare at in the garage with your buddies and a favorite beverage or three.

I have a plethora of pictures and information on this on my web pages, the link is included in my signature. Just go to the page and click the hovercraft link.

I do not sell these things nor anything else on my web site,,, except occasionally some used stuff I am through playing with. My site is just for fun and a vehicle to share my interests and experiences with others with similar afflictions.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

------------------
From the rocky shores of the Skykomish river
David Bosworth
http://www.premier1.net/~daveb/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Welcome to the forum David. Thanks for sharing hovercrafts but my wife will kill you if I now want one.
Just so you know.......if you put [url= before a web address, then follow it with ] , any text you choose will be highlighted and become a click on link if you follow with [/url]

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-25-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
They could have used a few of those in Louisiana when Katrina came threw.

I always wanted one. Just never seem to have the money when I have the time, or time when I have the money.

Great pictures.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
hey man,,, whatever floats your boat
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Hobby?? I'd say more of an obsession
Sweet BTW
Welcome to the forum.

Brad
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

Obsession? hehehe Can't remember who said it but it was probably somebody who can remember who said things said, " A true hobby is the purist form of research" Hi my names David and I am an addict! one neat thing about building projects be it a log home or a small boat is that it does not come to life overnight so the cost is stretched out over a period of time and unlike a car house or car payment when you run short of cash no one will come and take it away!

Thanks for the posting link writing advice, here is a test [url=http://www.premier1.net/~daveb/FormulaFiero/] I tried to fix my sig too.

I became interested in the Fiero while researching building a kit car. I never had paid the Fiero any attention before this. My goal was to build a ladder frame mid engine V8 car and I was lusting after an old Fiberfab model called the Valkrye. Having kind of a full slate this stayed in the research mode for quite awhile and Ford put out the GT and the price of anything even resembling these cars went through the roof! When I started looking you could buy a nicely finished V8 car for 5 or 6 grand and a project for around a thousand to fifteen.

After owning my Formula for 5 or 6 months now, I am now lusting for the car I have with a 308 body! I guess I don't really need to own a supercar and would like to keep my spotless driving record. I have had a few close calls on that issue already! hehehe At least every other time I take the car out somebody says "hey nice car!" that sure never happened with the Subaru I used to drive!

------------------
From the rocky shores of the Skykomish river
David Bosworth
[url=http://www.premier1.net/~daveb/]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Red88FF

7793 posts
Member since Jan 2006
[url=http://www.premier1.net/~daveb/FormulaFiero/]/url]

#@$% I give up! back to building things!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
here:

Red 88 Formula Fiero

Click on the edit button for this post to see the code.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-25-2006).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Welcome to the forum David. Thanks for sharing hovercrafts but my wife will kill you if I now want one.
Just so you know.......if you put [url= before a web address, then follow it with ] , any text you choose will be highlighted and become a click on link if you follow with [/url]

Thanks for the tip Cliff.

Arn
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
cool cliff, have to try it sometime

I seen a homemade hovercraft at the local lake a few years back, he drove it from his truck, across the ramp and down into the water and across the lake......cool, just kinda weird at the time.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
cool cliff, have to try it sometime

Please everyone....please do. Those long url's stretch the page sideways and you have to scroll down, over, down some more, over, down some more, over, etc etc etc...............
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Cliff said> Welcome to the forum David. Thanks for sharing hovercrafts but my wife will kill you if I now want one.

I am hated by wives across the country! hehe and in some other parts of the world too! always happy to spread the disease to my fellow man.

Cliff and Blacktree> Thanks for the help! I have it figured out now. Looking at the edit page spelled it out very clearly and after seeing it I it was quite obvious I should have picked it up from Cliff's post.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Cliff said> Welcome to the forum David. Thanks for sharing hovercrafts but my wife will kill you if I now want one.

If you hit the quote linky and delete what you do not want......well, see how I quoted you above as to your whole post.
"Preview" linky below, where you can linky "Submit Reply", allows you to see if you are successful.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Red88FF:
....... always happy to spread the disease to my fellow man.

Hehehehe..........he is on the forum and thinks he is spreading a disease.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock