Anyone ever meet a NASCAR driver? by SOULCRUSHER
Started on: 04-24-2006 07:11 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: motoracer838 on 04-25-2006 08:09 PM
SOULCRUSHER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
I was curious if anyone here has ever met their favorite NASCAR driver? I am going to spend the day in the infield at Richmond in 2 weeks, and will get to meet mine. However, I have no idea what to ask him besides goofy stuff. Any ideas? The last driver I met was Tony Stewart at a meet and greet. He's my brothers driver, but I tagged along. Tony is my 2nd Driver behind Yeley.

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
I met Richard Petty a few months ago. He was in Norfolk for something and he stayed the night at the hotel I worked at, at the time. He's very nice, came in and registered himself. I ended up checking him in and he was really friendly. He signed the registration card and I took it and made a copy of it and brought the original home, lol.

Its nice to meet some "celebrities" that are real and down to earth, most of them are stuck on themselves lol
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Does having one as a friend count? Ok so I'm not talking Nextel cup, but Craftsman Trucks. Jim Inglbright drove the Jelly Belly 02 truck, currenty owns Road Runner towing in Fairfeild Ca. He's an old high school bud that I used to race motocross with. Cheers Beers n Gears. Joe
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I met Kyle Petty once but he's not a real Nascar driver.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
Ive met Ken Schrader @ NHIS and got his autograph
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Used to work at Watkins Glenn as a flagger and my brother used to work with Kyle Petty's cousin. So I've met Richard Petty and Kyle Petty and got to play frisbee with Neil Bonnett before he was killed. Most of the drivers I've met though were/are from sports car racing. Did get to watch Dale Jr. win his first heat race ever at Myrtle Beach Speedway. It is cool to meet the guys who don't have to have a separate RV for their egos. The Pettys are two of those people and so was Neil Bonnett.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I met richer petty and Kyle pettey at the atl air port got there autograph I also met dale sr.

------------------

862m6 build up.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058455.html

mxfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxfoxClick Here to visit mxfox's HomePageSend a Private Message to mxfoxDirect Link to This Post
I did know a former Busch Series Champion, Rodney Orr, he had won the Busch series the previous year and was at Daytonia testing and went airborne, hit the wall and was killed instantly, same year as one of the big name drivers but can't recall which one.
Rodney and I raced motocross for several years, he was about half Cherokee Indian, great guy always smiling, had no fear.
Dated Richard Petty's cousin for about 2 years, she carried a Jeff Gordon soft cooler as a purse, she didn't care to much for them, Kyle was a wuss, dad gave him everything, said growing up remembered playing around the garage and wearing some of the helmets laying around, but knows nothing about NASCAR.
Have met Bill Elliot also, several times in fact since he only lives about 20 miles from here, nice guy down to earth, his kid plays little league baseball but Bill doesn't interfer.

[This message has been edited by mxfox (edited 04-24-2006).]

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
Used to race with Chad Blount's dad and grand dad. I've known Stremme since he was two foot tall (just about everyone in that family drives something). Met Davey Allison, Neil Bonnet, Mark Martin when he was a kid in ASA, got Dick Trickle pissed off when we took his parking place at Bristol, Alan Kulwicki. Raced against a bunch of these guys in All Pro. My personal heros: Ed Howe and Denny Nyari.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I had a fellow spit on my shoe once. He looked kinda familiar so Before I got mad I asked who the hell he was.
It was Ernie Irvin. Sears pointe raceway Kodak booth. Vice pres of Kodak is a customer of mine and back then (like 13 years back) he was in charge of the racing. So besides lots of free throw away cameras and free devoloping I also got lots of race stuff like little kodak #4 cars and trucks and tickets to the pits and such. He did say he was sorry about spitting on my shoe.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ig88vsbobafett:

Ive met Ken Schrader @ NHIS and got his autograph

I think my dad knew him a looong time ago
PFF
System Bot
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
I went to school with a Winston West guy, Rick Mcray, Drove a Monte Carlo but always seemed to pile up. He also was the Mechanic for my uncles Plumbing shop.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I meet Larry Pearson back when I worked for Stanley Entry Doors. He was the driver of the Stanley car in the Busch Series. I was there for a customer event at MIS.

(Not NASCAR, but Fiero related)
I also had the pleasure of meeting Rick Mears twice. My father used to get complimentary tickets from Gould to the Michigan 500 when I was a kid. Rick was the driver of the "Gould Charge" and we got to go to a meet and greet 2 years in a row in the Gould tent. Rick was my favorite driver before I had attented a race, but after meeting him, that was it, he was my favorite driver by far. I still have a Gould hat with a faded Rick Mears signature.
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

I met Donnie Allison when the "Alabama Gang" was in it's heyday. He was a nice and personable fellow and he signed a photograph for me.

Steve Grissom's family owns the local Honda/Mazda(formerly Oldsmobile) dealership, so I knew him very well.

This is not Nascar related, but a next door neighbors son is in the running to be a singer with the band "Fuel" (Jeremy Jackson.) I remember him growing up there, and he later rented the house next to me from the elderly owners when they moved to another state to be with their kids. Now his brother is buying the house from the original owners. He was near Tennessee the last time I spoke with my neighbor about it.

When I first heard about it I must admit I was a little skeptical, but then it made the paper, picture and all that he was one of eight(I think) to be called to audition from all the demo tapes that were submitted.

He had the voiceover done to one of their songs at a local recording studio called Andys Music.

When I found out that it was actually him I was like

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I've met several while visiting the garage area at Talladega. Believe it or not Kurt Busch actually stopped long enough to take a picture with me. Borris Said really has a lot of hair! Ray Everham was very nice, as was Jack Roush. Talked to Robert Yates and got a pic, even though I was wearing the shirt of a different team's driver. Jimmy Johnson and I were on TV together- he was signing my pit pass while the local NBC station was filming. I walked into Jimmy Spencer's hauler area while he was ripping a reporter to shreads. He stopped for a moment, put down his spatula (he was grilling) and posed for a pic with us. Sterling Marlin is a real character- loves to cut up and have fun. It was a pleasure to talk to Dave Marcus- he really was wearing those black wing-tipped shoes that he was famous for racing with. Some of the drivers were 'indifferent'- they acknowledged me, but did not have much to say- Terry and Bobby LaBonte, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace were like that.
The only person I had the 'misfortune' of trying to talk to that was not very nice was.....
Benny Parsons! He might sound like "Good Ol' Benny" on the radio and TV, but he is not. He is one of the most rude and hateful people I have ever met in my life.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
All the old ones that are retiring now......... Even raced Mark Martin when he first started at 19 (I think) at Winchester, In.
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
Funny...I have a co-worker whose wife grew up knowing Tony Stewart. The story goes that they had a rain delay in Indy. His wife & Tony came across each other and talked for 5 minutes.....she never introduced him. He moaned at work for two days!
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Dale Sr in 1998, and have also met Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Rusty Wallace, Kurt Busch, Ken Schrader, Terry and Bobby Labonte, Dale Jr, Mark Martin, Sterling Marlin, Matt Kenseth, Ricky Rudd, Harry Gant, and Richard Petty. I have had the pleasure of working with a few of them...the others just met at the track and some other events.
fiero_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_gtSend a Private Message to fiero_gtDirect Link to This Post
I met Kevin Harvick at his fan club gathering. He signed my diecast and had my pic taken with him.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Well, I get to spend the entire day Friday May 5th in the pit area. So hopefully I will get to meet alot of drivers. Can't wait to meet JJ Yeley. He's a breath of fresh air for the 18 car. Don't get me wrong, I was a Bobby Labonte fan, but the last few years were hard. I felt his driving style wasn't coesive with Stewarts or Hamlins for that matter. Now JJ is a Tony Stewart clone in terms of driving style. Give him a year and I think the 18 car will be a tough car to beat. He's already shown some promise.
Looking to meet Tony Stewart, Bobby Labonte, Denny Hamlin, Dale Jr. and Kevin Harvick. I want to spy on the Busch brothers. I want to see if they are really that dorky.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Well, I get to spend the entire day Friday May 5th in the pit area. So hopefully I will get to meet alot of drivers. Can't wait to meet JJ Yeley. He's a breath of fresh air for the 18 car. Don't get me wrong, I was a Bobby Labonte fan, but the last few years were hard. I felt his driving style wasn't coesive with Stewarts or Hamlins for that matter. Now JJ is a Tony Stewart clone in terms of driving style. Give him a year and I think the 18 car will be a tough car to beat. He's already shown some promise.
Looking to meet Tony Stewart, Bobby Labonte, Denny Hamlin, Dale Jr. and Kevin Harvick. I want to spy on the Busch brothers. I want to see if they are really that dorky.

Dude; I'm having such a hard time getting used to the idea that Bobby Labonte is over at petty ent. and that J J Yeley is in the #18. Don't get me wrong it's just weird. Joe
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock