When A Door Slams Shut, A Window Opens by AntiKev
Started on: 04-20-2006 02:22 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: AntiKev on 04-20-2006 09:55 PM
AntiKev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post
Well...

Initially I was in line for a 1 year internship at a local aircraft manufacturer. That fell through unfortunately and I thought I'd be stuck taking classes this summer. Today, not more than 20 minutes ago I got a phone call that I have been offered a summer position at Daimler Chrylser in the engineering department. I get to spend the summer taking apart <edit>brand T cars</edit> . Or...reverse engineering. Awesome.

Just thought I'd share the good news.

Unfortunately I don't get to celebrate until next Tuesday night. Damned finals.

[This message has been edited by AntiKev (edited 04-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

I get to spend the summer taking apart <Foreign Cars> .

A better use for them I can't imagine.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 04-23-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You can make all kinds of cool stuff with an expensive erector set.........
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
You probably weren't supposed to tell the public that

*TOP SECRET Confidential Files*

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Ya might like the job beter than aircraft. Can you get us pix of some of the tools you get to use? I imagin that the 'shop' you are going to work at might have some out of this world hand tools. They probably have a 'price no object' when it comes to tools. I'm thinking 'Area 51' style goodies. Keep us tuned in to whatever you can share, they might have security disclamers on you, for findings but maybe not for tools.
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

You probably weren't supposed to tell the public that

I was never told that I wasn't supposed to share. Maybe I'll edit the original...I mean it can't hurt to leave that detail out.

Originally posted by DtheC:
Ya might like the job beter than aircraft. Can you get us pix of some of the tools you get to use? I imagin that the 'shop' you are going to work at might have some out of this world hand tools. They probably have a 'price no object' when it comes to tools. I'm thinking 'Area 51' style goodies. Keep us tuned in to whatever you can share, they might have security disclamers on you, for findings but maybe not for tools.

I imagine that the actual engineering reports will be confidential. I'll see what I can do as far as tools and such. I don't start until 8 May, so i've got a bit yet.

[This message has been edited by AntiKev (edited 04-20-2006).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I dunno. An idiot with a crescent wrench, hammer, and a pair of pliars can get most anything apart. It takes some special tools to put them back together, though.

John Stricker

Originally posted by DtheC:

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:
I dunno. An idiot with a crescent wrench, hammer, and a pair of pliars can get most anything apart. It takes some special tools to put them back together, though.

AFAIK they don't have to go back together, and I imagine that they will need to be relatively intact when they came apart to begin with, you know, engineering analysis and all.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock