Started on: 04-13-2006 07:36 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: cliffw on 04-14-2006 12:18 PM
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Had to hook up the window A/C today, was 90 today.
Wasn't it just Christmas last week or so?
There goes the electric bill (can't be helped my wifes meds mean we have to have a decent temp in the house).
Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Christmas was 4 months ago. Seasons are only 3 months. Do the math.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
You people and your goofy math theories
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I know what you are saying. 96 here today. Broke a record. People are begging for the swimming pools to open up. I had to fire up the A/C yesterday, but it didn't cool. Had it recharged today. Better now.

Global warming...Keep it up!

I'm lovin it! More than McDonald style, but iceberg melting, coastal area drowning style.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Ive had the AC on for 2 months
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Yea... I've still got the heaters runnin. especially tonight. Brrr.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Soon as the sun went down we opened all the windows, a nice breeze os going, but It's supposed to be warn tommorow again
I am one of those that would love to live in Alaska. My wife couldn't do it though.
Brad
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2006 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
It was 38 here today.
Gonna be 39 tomorrow.
Summers a'commin'!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Heh...just thinking of you Boondawg........

Originally posted by twofatguys:
I am one of those that would love to live in Alaska. My wife couldn't do it though.

Tell her Boondawg lives there

Originally posted by Boondawg:
............women want to be WITH me!
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Boon,

When is it that it's daylight for 147 straight days up there?

BTW, it's going to be 87 here today.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We've been in the 80's on and off since Feb. 90's a couple of times.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Hey Boon,

When is it that it's daylight for 147 straight days up there?

147 days straight?
We call it summer.
I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Christmas was 4 months ago. Seasons are only 3 months. Do the math.

My reasoning EXACTLY !!
And yet.......my wife made me take down the Christmas lights last weekend. Sheese!
It's almost time to put them back up.

zardoz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zardozSend a Private Message to zardozDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Had to hook up the window A/C today, was 90 today.
Wasn't it just Christmas last week or so?
There goes the electric bill (can't be helped my wifes meds mean we have to have a decent temp in the house).
Brad

I just finished installing a power gable attic vent fan about a week ago. Previously I just had three turbine types (whirlybirds) and the attic temps were 130+. They were just not enough to do the job. I had some pretty high electric bills last June, July, and August.

I had plenty of soffitt vents to feed more ventilation, so I got the biggest fan, and automatic louver system they had at the Home Depot. I had to do some carpentry work up in the attic to frame in the fan, but it was not that tough. I also had to run a new power line up to the attic, but I just tapped off of a circuit in the garage that only had two wall sockets on a 15A circuit. Had to cut a 20" square hole in the side of the gable too. Once installed, I set the thermostat fan switch to kick on at 75 degrees F.

I cannot believe the difference its making already in house temperatures. It stays cooler later, and the load on the central A/C has been reduced considerably. Just doing some preliminary math, I wll save $50 a month on electricity during the hot months, and that is above the cost of running the vent fan. The A/C only had to run for a few minutes during the late afternoon the last couple of days.

Also, having the attic temperatures cooler will be less hard on shingles, and they will last longer. So far, the new system is operating without a hitch, and no problems with water incursion during the last storms. I did use about two tubes of caulk to seal the edges of the automatic louvers though. I made it so the whole thing will be easy to service as well. I installed a power switch in the garage that cuts the power to the fan system if I need if off for any reason.

Just a suggestion to cut A/C electrical use, that you may want to consider. I spent about $200 on the fan and louvers, so system payback will happen before the end of this year.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Good job zardoz !
This just in !
Poxichanie Phil went outside to day and saw his shadow.
Looks like six more weeks of winter

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock