Started on: 04-11-2006 07:38 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 84Bill on 04-12-2006 06:21 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I owe the gvt 188 bux.
Would have been ALOT more if I didn't keep reciepts and track mileage on my car.

Made 29k last year between my two jobs. (unfortunatly I can't deduct the 5k garneshed for child support)
I have some gas reciepts for 727.02
Car maint. 710.37 (fiero only)
Insurance 734.00 (fiero only)
Other expenses, Cell (about 8 months worth) and inet connection 1313.00

I know I paid much more in gas and car maint but many of the reciepts are illedgable or missing. This didn't include my saturn it's purchace or maintainence. The 1,600 engine I got for my fiero cant be claimed until next year even though I used money earned from last year to get it... that one really hurt.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 04-11-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I wish mine was only $188 ya should try coughing up 5grand. Just wrote the check today . Man that hurt. Joe
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
It was 868 before I itemized talk about panic! Good thing I save all my reciepts.. Literally piles of them.

Originally posted by motoracer838:

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

I have some gas reciepts for 727.02
Car maint. 710.37 (fiero only)
Insurance 734.00 (fiero only)
Other expenses, Cell (about 8 months worth) and inet connection 1313.00

Hey Bill,
How can you claim all that stuff? I though you could only claim those type of expenses if you make them "business" expenses. I don't know what you're doing for a living, so maybe that's why I'm confused. I've tried itemizing but I usually end up worse off than if I took the the standard deduction (my interrest isn't enough to make it worth while).

If I itemize everything listed above, I only get about a $3500 deduction. A standard deduction for a single person is $5000, so it's way more than that.

Heck, I'd love to claim all of that stuff if I can. Maybe I can and I don't know it? (I'm definitely no expert on tax laws). **** , that would get me back a ton more on federal. I pretty much broke even this year. Last year I had my withholdings out of wack and ended up owing nearly $1000 to the damn feds.

thanks for any info
Dave

...show me the money

[This message has been edited by ditch (edited 04-11-2006).]

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
i get $1890.00 back this year . very happy about that
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2006 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I use my car for work and my company does not reimburse my expences. So I can claim everything minus the round trip drive to my parts pickup location... about 8 miles. Gas, Maintainence, Tires (475 bucks) Oil, Insurance (extra liability), Cellphone, Internet connection and even clothing (I didn't use this) are expenses required by the company I work for. Since they do not reimburse me I can claim them. Look into it and get more than one opinion. It falls under the "Job Related expenses" which is part of the standard deductions.

BTW, I put nearly 500 miles a week on my fiero last year.

Originally posted by ditch:
Hey Bill,
How can you claim all that stuff? I though you could only claim those type of expenses if you make them "business" expenses. I don't know what you're doing for a living, so maybe that's why I'm confused. I've tried itemizing but I usually end up worse off than if I took the the standard deduction (my interrest isn't enough to make it worth while).

If I itemize everything listed above, I only get about a $3500 deduction. A standard deduction for a single person is $5000, so it's way more than that.

Heck, I'd love to claim all of that stuff if I can. Maybe I can and I don't know it? (I'm definitely no expert on tax laws). **** , that would get me back a ton more on federal. I pretty much broke even this year. Last year I had my withholdings out of wack and ended up owing nearly $1000 to the damn feds.

thanks for any info
Dave

...show me the money

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 04-12-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock