Started on: 04-06-2006 03:35 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Jax184 on 04-06-2006 04:30 PM
Tinton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I'm not satisfied with the 60 GB 5400 rpm drive in my laptop. For 1, it is way too small. It is a Media Center computer that can record live TV, I fill the HD up in no time. I'd also like to keep part of my music collection on my laptop. Second, I'm not sure if its really working right. It gets corrupted very easily and many times when it loads, programs like AVG Antivirus and ZoneAlarm have files that don't register correctly. Its really annoying. I went to a couple of brand-name computer stores around here and they really don't have anything larger than 80 GB. Anyone here have sources for laptop HDs? BTW, its a Toshiba Satellite S470, 3.0 ghz P4, 512 mb ram, Geforce 5200, DVD writer, etc.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Newegg carries hard drives for laptops. However, if you just need a hard drive for more storage, then an external hard drive will offer larger storage capacity, at a smaller price.
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
Laptop drives have lower capacity than desktop drives due to their smaller size. The perpendicular system is showing up in laptop drives, but their size is still fairly low compared to desktop drives.
That said, Seagate makes a laptop drive that holds 160 gigs. It would cost a bundle, but it would give you the storage you want.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock