Started on: 04-06-2006 01:17 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Kekipi on 04-06-2006 05:06 PM
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Gillette came out with a Fusion razor a few months ago (5 blades to compete with Schick's 4 blade). Now Dewalt is coming out (May15th) with a 36 volt cordless line to compete with Milwaukee's 28 volt.

They ain't cheap either, the Dewalt 36 volt hammerdrill is suppose to cost over $400.00.

I wonder if I will see 100 volts in my lifetime .............Paul

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Stupid qustion but do we realy need 5 blades? I do fine with just one. As for power tools I can't complain more power is always better.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
I still have 4 refill cartrages left for my Gillette Mach 3, and when I run out; I'm switching over to the Gillette Fusion.

The individual blades are slightly smaller than the blades on the Mach 3, and because you're spreading the blades over a greater surface area; it gives you a smoother shave with less iritation. Everyone I talked to that has used the Fusion, said that there is a noticable diffrence in comfort between the Fusion and the Mach 3. That's good enough for me to spend the $$.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 04-06-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
After hearing your testimonial Deabionni, I might try the Gilette Fusion, or at least the Mach 3. I use generic 2-blade razors and they don't cut it (pun intended ). BTW, do you think we'll eventually have razors with 10 blades?

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I use an electric one, it shaves nice and close, I don't get cuts or ingrown hairs any more.

Deals with those pesky botfly larvae too!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I use cold water and a dull Buck knife.

Buncha wussies.

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I use cold water and a dull Buck knife.

Buncha wussies.

LOL, for some reason this image poped in my head as soon as I read that.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
No audio, but a language warning (fbomb) if you click on An Onion parody from a year ago... http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Real Men use a Straight Razor!!!

Signed

Scarface

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Paul Prince:
Now Dewalt is coming out (May15th) with a 36 volt cordless line to compete with Milwaukee's 28 volt.

pfft... weak.

INTRODUCING... a new product line from Craftsman Tools!

Our innovative DecapowerTM 1.2V lead acid cell system gives you all the power you need for your cordless powertools! While the system voltage is "only" 12 volts, with 700 amps available on-demand, it will power through those tough jobs in no time!

The DecapowerTM system features a lightweight battery pack belt, weighing in at a featherweight 47lbs. Battery life is guaranteed* to be 8 hours of continuous drilling or screwing operation.

*Guarantee is not an actual guarantee. As with any product, your useage may vary. Manufacturer does not warranty battery packs lasting for more than 6 hours of continuous usage. Void where prohibited. May cause acid burns or herniated disks. Do not use for more than 10 minutes continuously without taking 30 minute breaks in between. Short circuiting battery pack may cause explosive fires. Warranty does not cover explosions.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
I have tried every electric and none electric razor out there, shaving with regular blades hurts. and causes alota irritation for me.
the closest thing i had found to comfort was the mach 3 (I have yet to try the fusion) but mach 3 blades i had to replace after like 3-5 uses before it started hurting again.
I used all diffrent types of shave cream. they all seem to produce the same results.
I tried many many electric razors. I don't remember all the model numbers but bruans always seemed to be the worst. norelco's worked alot better for me. THEN I found the perfect razor, no discomfort, never misses or can't reach a spot, is just perfect. and thats the norelco 7735x I paid 100 bucks for it in a little kit at walmart. you can find the same kits online for around 70. it looks like and came with all this stuff.
the box it comes in

it came with all that stuff. A beard trimer, a shower caddy for the razor dispenser cartriges, a travel case, 4 lotion cartriges.

It is the best razor I have ever tried out of all of them. its also waterproof so u can use it in the shower to save time.Or maby shave under the ocean if u feel like it lol. Also I used this razor for a stright month without having the charger base handy to me and the battery lasted with out any power loss tell the end. that was shaving everyday for 5 10 mintues. also it shaves as close as the mach 3, or if it doesnt I cant tell a diffrence with my hand.
I have two razors left to try, one is from bruan and is around 200 bucks, its got a self cleaning base station but i dont have the model number in my head.
the other is from norelco and is the same razor james bond used in his last movie, I heard it works really good as well. and it also has a lcd digital display to let u know the battery power and when the heads need to be replaced which is pretty cool.

I'm sure all this info is usless to you all, but when I was searching for a good razor non of this info was avalible to me ."it was just a bunch of mixed reviews on all razors i looked up" so i figured I would throw my info on the subject out incase anyone else is still trying to find that perfect razor.

PFF
System Bot
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I tried finding links to the original SNL skit on the triple blade razor "Because you'll believe anything", that came out a couple of years before the mach3. Then Mad TV did one on a 9 or 10 blade razor that pulled the hair up, pulled it some more, scaped the skin off, then next blade scraped you clean to the bone and repeated the process again in one swipe.

Here is a commercial on why you might need a close shave :-)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4440893736300249781&q=razor&pl=true

The octoginator! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5775667601517821634&q=razor&pl=true

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

Stupid question but do we really need 5 blades? I do fine with just one. As for power tools I can't complain more power is always better.

You should try one, Mine works great. Closest shave yet.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock