Started on: 04-05-2006 10:56 AM
Replies: 36
Last post by: Cooter on 04-06-2006 09:33 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I dropped from a nice even 200 to 196.

I noticed in another thread "USFiero" was banned, and he didnt' even have many negs. So who was he?

Who else got the boot?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I believe if you change it to neutral rating, it takes it away.

Only positive and negative will add the ratings.

So you moved a few people to the neutral side.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I dropped one, too. Someone musta gotten the bounce.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Posting to see my rating.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
What thread did USFiero get banned in? He was like only one of two people in my area.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Usually when you get banned due to ratings, you're ratings bar will be flashing and it will say user banned. What gives? He looks like he has plenty of green.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
exactly. which means he was banned for other reasons... like impersonating someone he was not or being bad.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I saw that Cliff mentioned that he had done something to fix the ratings system. It seems that it gave several members duplicate negatives. He said the problem has been corrected.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
It is pretty well known that the turds from the Septic Tank have user names over here. Here, on the forum that they don't care about. Uh-huh.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Interesting... I dropped from 277 to 274.
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Yea I dropped like 7, mostly negs from what it looks like, AND I just earned myself a + today. not that I was in any danger or anything, but thats always good

While we're on the subject I wonder what happened to DOHCSWAPPER, I guessed itd be 6 months before he got banned, looks like he didnt even make it that long.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Ha!! I dropped six!! 163 to 157!!
Nick
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Ha!! I dropped six!! 163 to 157!!
Nick

But who's counting, right? Riiiight????

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I still ain't got no rating bar...
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
i don't know if i droped cause i dont even look at my ratings bar
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I dropped from 230 to 223. My bar still looks the same though.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I dropped from a nice even 200 to 196.

I noticed in another thread "USFiero" was banned, and he didnt' even have many negs. So who was he?

Who else got the boot?

I noticed a very new user recently that didn't seem so newbie. Maybe it was him so he got banned. I don't know just a wild speculation.
I would have thought it to be others before I thought it would be USFIERO. I don't recall him being anything but cool. Of course my standards are not as high as some.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Long story short:

USFiero is temporarily banned because the system detected 7 usernames for him. Problem is, he used all 7 usernames to rate a single person on occasion (rate a person, quickly login under another name, rate the same person again, login as another name, rate, etc - do that 7 times so you can hand out 7 ratings in one go).

So if you lost 7 ratings, that means he used all 7 usernames on you to rate you (negative or positive). All his ratings were purged.

I now changed the rating system so I can more easily detect BS like this.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11609 posts
Member since Jan 99
Forgot to mention why he is temporarily banned - it could very well be that there's a very good explanation for all this and that he actually doesn't have 7 usernames.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
LOL.

Some people have way too much time on hands.

Too bad you can't just make it one username per IP, but that would screw up houses like hours. Where there are up to 4 diffrent PFF members living in the same house.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Cant wait for Dyno Time and Track Results. Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Delta Cam and Allante Intake Soon.

PFF
System Bot
DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
Checking rating...

Still the same, guess he didn't love me

[This message has been edited by DR650SE (edited 04-05-2006).]

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
I dropped 6, from 74 to 68
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Checking Rating

Only dropped one, but I have dropped 5 in a row without any new ratings. At one point I had 101.

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 04-05-2006).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
aww... he loved or hated me enough to rate me 4 times....
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, any chance in the future that users can know what forum generated the rating? I noticed many forums don't allow ratings in OT/Lounge areas but since this is your baby , it would be good to know.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Could this have anything to do with Arronz34's green bar appering to grow recently? Inquiring minds want to know. Joe
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Bah! All you people and your fancy schmancy ratings bars!

Who needs'ya!

- Flamberge

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
dropped 3... I'm cool with that.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I unbanned "USFiero". I've spoken with him over email and he has convinced me he knew nothing about those other usernames. The other 6 usernames are still banned because the connection between those six is pretty obvious.

So as far as I'm concerned, USFiero was an innocent bystander in all this.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
So as far as I'm concerned, USFiero was an innocent bystander in all this.

...but you guys will have to work at getting your ratings back
<edit> the really bizarre thing is that I lost points too, negatives. One of the othe screen names that was banned was like mine, with a number added. I had him rated a neg, too

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-08-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

...but you guys will have to work at getting your ratings back

So do I get my $5 back I paid you for the 7 ratings ??

GoldFiero86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldFiero86SESend a Private Message to GoldFiero86SEDirect Link to This Post
^^^^ Hahaha
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Yep, lost six ratings. Looks like they were probably all negative.

I don't really care about the ratings in regards to how "popular" I am, but out of curiosity it would be interesting to know WHY we're rated when we're rated.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

but out of curiosity it would be interesting to know WHY we're rated when we're rated.

I was in a cloud of confusion for more than a few moments. It is ok I came clear. I would also like to know the reasons. But I think it cause all hell to break loose.

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I noticed a very new user recently that didn't seem so newbie. Maybe it was him so he got banned. I don't know just a wild speculation.
I would have thought it to be others before I thought it would be USFIERO. I don't recall him being anything but cool. Of course my standards are not as high as some.

I stand corrected. I checked my rating and found I had rated you neg. I thought your comment was uncalled for at the time given the personal nature and me being closely involved. I removed it. It was a knee jerk reaction and childish to boot. I believe people rate to easily and I don't want to be included in my own complaint. I think rating someone means you want them off the forum and that is a serious thing not just a whim.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055756.html

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I dont know, but this thread did help me learn that you can rate yourself, I gave myself a big old +! then I changed it to a neg when I realized I was a jerk for +ing myself, then I felt bad for myself and changed it to a neutral, but so help me if I step out of line !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Okay...I guess.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock