Started on: 12-24-2005 10:36 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: avengador1 on 12-27-2005 07:23 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
We (the wife and I) finally made it to our hotel last night around midnight. Traffic wasn't too bad and it was warmer than I expected. My Garmin GPS has problem to be invaluable in helping us get from LAX to our hotel in Disneyland. Anyway here is a picture of what it looked like early this morning (@7:00 A.M.) just a little pea soap to start the day off.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hey man, enjoy your trip!
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I hope to, I let Jeff know I'm over here in case we decide to meet. I will be wearing my Fieros at Carlisle t-shirt later today if it warms up enough. It's supposed to be in the upper 70's later today. I'll post some pictures as I take them. Here is a clear picture of what you would see on a clear day in the first picture, I took this one the last time we were here.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-24-2005).]

TaurusThug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
70's

its maxing out at 50 here today

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That is why I came here. Back in CT it was in the 20's and 30's. Here are some more pictures.
First, my new girlfriend, sorry Donald.

Our magical chariot to the park.

First ride of the day, the new Space Mountain, it sure is a lot better than the old one.

Here is where you load on.

Here are some waterfalls I discovered at the Disneyland Hotel.

Here is a tree outside our hotel. I bet no tree hugger will hug it, or would a monkey climb it, more pictures later.

Spektyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpektyrSend a Private Message to SpektyrDirect Link to This Post
That's Orlando for you. A day without rain, fog, or other visual challenge is not a day in Orlando.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spektyr:

That's Orlando for you. A day without rain, fog, or other visual challenge is not a day in Orlando.

Only problem is he's at Disneyland in Ca. not Disney World in Fl.

.........Enjoy your trip Avengador. I remember taking my daughter there back in the 70's when we were stationed near there with the Air Force. It was great fun. Maybe I'll get to take my grand daughter in a few years.

Dave

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Yes, Disneyland is in California, where we are at the present. It's 5:00 P.M. here and we are both pooped. The temperature started to drop with the Sun setting. Tomorrow we will visit the California Adventure park. Here are some more pictures.
Here is the future site of the Finding Nemo submarine ride that is supposed to open in 2007. This used to be the site of the 20,000 Leagues under the sea ride.

Here is the view from our room after the fog cleared.

Someone must have gotten word to Donald about my affair with Daisy, but he was cool with it.

The haunted house was redone to the "nightmare before Christmas" theme.

Nick (Fierofetish) should do some iron work like this, he certainly would make a ton of money then.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Next we went on Pirates of the Caribbean.

It's a small World was done up for the holidays too.

I guess the pool is heated as there were people swimming when we got back.

That's all for today, more pictures and commentary to follow tomorrow.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here are some pictures from today. First the entryways to both parks.

We decided to take the train today to kill some time till the California Adventure park opened.

First park ride today was Soaring over California.

Then The Hollywood Tower of Terror.

More to follow.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
The Monsters Inc. ride was next.

Followed by Muppet Vision 3D show.

Then It's tough to be a bug show

We also took in the Aladdin show

Then went on California Screaming roller coaster

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-26-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromanSend a Private Message to fieromanDirect Link to This Post
John, enjoyed the pictures as usual... Have fun!!
Les
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Keep the pics coming..It's giving me a break from the winter blaws and helping me remember the great time I had with my own family at Disney world.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
We watched the Cristmas parade last night. While we were waiting for the parade to start we were in front of It's a small World. I knew that the clock in front of the building would open and have it's own mini parade every 15 minutes, but I didn't know that they projected a short animation on the front of the building at night. It certainly was interesting and I shot a short video of it. I'll have to figure out how to upload it later as it is a Windows media file.
Last night we ate at the Rain Forest Cafe efore entering the park for the parade.

Here is the It's a small World building at night.

I might trade my Fiero in for this sweet convertible. (just kidding!)

The march of the toy soldiers in the parade, they actually played real instruments, it's was real neat.

Of course, Santa was there.

Today is our last day here and we will be going to my sister's house in San Diego. Let's see what adventures we can find there.
I also wanted to say that between my wife and myself we have taken close to 300 pictures so far. I only posted a few here to give an idea of what we have been doing.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-26-2005).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Today was our last day at Disneyland. We had breakfast in the park and went on the Jungle Cruise. I really wanted to go on the Indiana Jones ride but it was down for some reason. We actually got to ride in the front of the Monorail today too.
Here are some of the controls.

Here is a view out the front.

We found out the secret to getting to ride up front. You need to be close to the front of the line of people waiting to ride. If no one goes up front just ask the operator if you can ride up front.
Here is a shot of one of the jungle cruise boats.

Apes gone bad.

We enjoyed our stay but I can say we are "Disneyed" out for a while now. I went to Disneyworld in the Summer so I won't be going to Disney for a while now.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing the pics!
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
You're welcome Fiero rumor. We are now in San Diego visiting my sister. This will be my final bump for this thread.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock