Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Reason NOT to smoke in your Fiero, REALLY GROSS PIC. Hope you had a small lunch

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Good Reason NOT to smoke in your Fiero, REALLY GROSS PIC. Hope you had a small lunch by Capt Fiero
Started on: 05-17-2005 03:18 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 05-19-2005 10:43 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I am doing a 4.9 and a 4spd - 5spd swap. Well I quite smoking about 6 months ago. (Yay for Me) I vacuumed my car out, cleaned the interior and even put in some of those new car scent air fresheners. However after a day if sitting in the sun my car still smelt like a dirty ash tray. Yuck.

Well today I found out why. It looks like after all those years of smoking and drinking coffee and pop and driving crazy a bunch of those old buts found there way UNDER the shifter. I never saw them and could not vacuum them. They just stayed there waiting for the day for me to pull out the shifter.

Well here they are. Hope you had a lite lunch.

Guys it is time to kick the habit. Do it for your car.

After a shop vac and 20min of working around the tiny corners. There were places that I could not get the camera to shoot at the correct angle. I could not belive how that stuff works its way into every little crack and crevice. YUCK. I am going to pour some Vanilla Scent Wax oil down there and let it be. Maybe some of the stench will go away.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 05-17-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is pretty disgusting. when i bought my '84 4speed the previous owner smoked a lot in the car. there isn't any cig butts but there is gobs of ashes all over underneath the shifter, and around the center console. Its extremely disgusting.

Nick

------------------
www.fieronick.com

84' Convertible Auto 4cyl
84' 4 Speed (4.5L Swap Coming Soon!)
86' GT Auto (Turbo 2.8 Coming Soon!)

The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
ew! i just puked in my mouth, but just a little bit...
-Matt
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
man...some of those still had some smoke time left in them. slightly used buut still....
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
With the price nearing $10 per pack of smokes, it was getting a bit pricey to smoke. ($300 per month just to be able to smoke)

Plus I was tired of having to go outside and freeze every time I wanted one. Then the getting sick and colds and all that stuff. It was time to just quit.

So I did.

David

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:
man...some of those still had some smoke time left in them. slightly used buut still....

I might be heading over to his place later...

I'll dig 'em out of the shop vac, package them up and send them to you.
Only on the provision that we get video proof that you smoked them!

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:
I might be heading over to his place later...
I'll dig 'em out of the shop vac, package them up and send them to you.
Only on the provision that we get video proof that you smoked them!

I'll throw down 100 PENNIES!!!!!!!! on the table to see this lmao

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmmmmmm. Marinated in Coke and Coffee.
A little squeezin' and then cut it with a little Rum, and presto.........Fiero Juice!

Breakfast before the Twistees!
Get them nerves up on edge!

shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
lmao....i'll have to pass. i don't even smoke and i'm sure if i tried one those i wouldn't start. probably turn a few shades of green just before turning my stomach inside out....100 pennies though....i could use that.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
With the price nearing $10 per pack of smokes, it was getting a bit pricey to smoke. ($300 per month just to be able to smoke) David

you could buy a Fiero each month for that...

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

or the value of spare beat-down Fiero -

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Mmmmmmmmm. Marinated in Coke and Coffee.
A little squeezin' and then cut it with a little Rum, and presto.........Fiero Juice!

what, no pic of the six pack in your fridge? next to the JJ?

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Thats Nothing When i First Got Mine ..I Did The Same ..Pulled The Shift Plate...lol Man There Was So Many Roachs ..That Guy Must Have Been High As A Friggin Kite Everytime He Drived The Old Fiero lol
PFF
System Bot
ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post

ZeroC

1664 posts
Member since Jan 2003
Man I Got !0 More Ratings Today ..And I Was At Work All Day ..Talk About Kickin Me When Im Down ..
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I found the same thing under consoles I have pulled. Also coins. Almost four dollars in one (including under the seats).
Yes, those butts are drink soaked as are your mirror and window switches. If it is not too late, clean the contacts in the switches with "eletra-clean" or even emory cloth. Your windows will work much faster.
DkGryGhost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DkGryGhostSend a Private Message to DkGryGhostDirect Link to This Post
I found mostly change in my console. Think of it this way, weight reduction
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Its funny I did not find any real money at all in there. However it is all worth it when I look down and see the 5spd shifter and move it around. I have never owned a 5spd Fiero in my life. Only ever driving a 5spd Fiero 2-3 times. (and I have been a Fiero owner for 11 years) This will be a nice change.

It will also be nice not having that odour coming from the CENTER console any longer.

Lets see
No more odour
5spd
V8

I think I will be happy when it is done.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. Comming Soon! www.captfiero.com

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

However it is all worth it when I look down and see the 5spd shifter and move it around. I have never owned a 5spd Fiero in my life. Only ever driving a 5spd Fiero 2-3 times. (and I have been a Fiero owner for 11 years)

Stoppppppp. I want to drive a Fiero stick. All mine have been automatics but what was I to do ? Pass on good deals ? I think I am gonna be sick

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey this car was an Auto when I bought it.

Converted from Auto to 4spd Stick thanks to a free 84, 4spd donor car. Drove with the 4spd for 4 years, until I blew up 3 of the 4spds, and now am upgrading again this time from a 6cyl, 4spd to a V8, 5spd.

It should be fun to drive again. Get that new feeling back. I wont sell or get rid of this car so I just have to keep making upgrades to make it seem like a new car. Its got nearly 400,000 kms on it. Most of them from me. I had this car when I was 18. I am 29 now. (if you could have your car from your late teens, early 20's back, what kind of stories could you tell about it) This car is keeper for me.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

My 87 GT, stock with 130,000 miles, and my 88GT, stock with 98,000 miles, just run too damn good to be doing an engine/tranny swap. I have loads of fun, yet...........
One day...............................................

I am not one to "borrow" someone elses car, even for a test drive. As I can not nor should not "cliffw test" it.
Ahhhh.........someday !

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-18-2005).]

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey cap'n, When I found my Getrag at the junk yard last week I took apart the center console to get the shifter and cables... guess what I found? Mouse turds and mouse pee all over the place... in the shifter, behind the ECM, under the cables. The little critters used the sound deadening material to build nests. But having a Getrag and a V8 is TOTALLY worth crawling in mouse turds to get! Now if the mice had been smoking in there... that's another story...

------------------
-Rick Stewart
85GT 5.0CaddyV8/Getrag 5-spd in progress...
www.V8Fiero.com

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
whew! i was half expecting a pic of a charcoaled corpse in a burned-out car.
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
I was expecting the same thing.

Anyway.................I can't believe that those didn't smell up the car REALLY bad.

PFF
System Bot
GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
yeesh! For a Getrag though? hmmmmm

Yeah the car smelled pretty bad.

[This message has been edited by GT (edited 05-18-2005).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Yeah! I found a couple of butts in my latest Fiero underneath the console.

I don't care if people smoke, but not in a car or especially in a Fiero.

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
I found a few simmilar things I lost in the same area. They were still in good shape.
needless to say I finished um off, lol
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I have already noticed going out to the car that it smells better when you open the door so I am happy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock