Started on: 11-12-2004 10:35 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: sarabear on 11-14-2004 03:19 PM
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone. The ultimate bachelor dilemma.

Wash them?
I've accumulated a big pile of dishes in the sink. As a bachelor, do I wash them all or just toss them into the trash and go buy new stuff? One option is the dish washing machine at work but that's like allot of effort dragging them back and forth, would die of embarrasment if I got caught. I have plenty of bleach, dish soap, soft scrub, methyl phenol chloride and disinfectants to save myself from the Louis Pasture biology experiment that I have going on. I also have the mandatory large yellow chemical gloves. I figure well over an hour and a half or more to wash but the store is just 15 minutes away.

Buy new?
My glassware consists of two Slimfast shaker cups with lids, two Ziggy coffee cups, a couple of odd lot cups and one commemorative air show cup. I do have a set of Corelle dishes supposed to be unbreakable, yeah right, and the little tea cups that are so dainty. Some where in the pile is a couple of broken stainless knives that are supposed to have a lifetime warranty but only God knows where to go for that. I have mish-mash of silverware, more like tinware but it feeds my face just fine. I just recieved new Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon book in the mail today, this is tempting.

You decide,,,,wash or buy new.
Now look, I really am quite organized, neat and clean, even my sock drawer is organized. I have two exceptions, the "junk" drawer in the kitchen and ocassionally the sink full of dishes, but what bachelor hasn't put off doing dishes for a while.
I'll put it up for a vote and will let everyone decide. Do you put me through the torture of washing that mess or do I go out and buy new?
Ok everyone, time to vote!

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with
"check wallet light"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2004 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
wash. your self esteem will soar, and it's a good way to get the grease out from under your nails after a hard day of fiero fixin'.

as for the corelle, it may not be absolutely indestructable, but it's pretty tough. ive had a set about 15 years, dropped many a piece on the floor, and only broken 1.

while the coupon is tempting, save your hard-earned money for important thingsd like beer.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 11-12-2004).]

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
Throw them out. Replace with paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic utensils. Then you can throw them out when you're done, and no dishes to wash (except for the pans).

There, problem solved.

Oh, and use the coupons to get some nice towels and stuff like that.

[This message has been edited by Jaygee79 (edited 11-12-2004).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jaygee79:

Throw them out. Replace with paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic utensils. Then you can throw them out when you're done, and no dishes to wash (except for the pans).

There, problem solved.

Exactly. They even make paper bowls, if you're into breakfast cereal.

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

There, problem solved.

I will second this ,and the extra space in the cabinets allows you to store more captain morgan

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Snap a pic, and sell it on Ebay. Call it a "science Experiment", "Voo-doo kit" or "magic Peanut", and buy a new set of dishes with the profit...

or go get yerself a woman...
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
What Corel pattern is it? Some are bloody hard to get. Even the regular sized plates and bowls are hard to find for some patterns. You could make a buck or three off them. Serving pieces like the extra big bowls, platters, cream & sugar etc are worth more. It's not like China patterns but people still want it.

Corel isn't unbreakable but it is allot tougher than many other things. Depends how it hits the floor. When it does break it is like a bomb went off. You'll be lucky if there are any pieces bigger than a quarter.

Some Corel pieces are not Microwave Safe. The original closed handle cups and mugs are actually dangerous. Later closed handle Corel branded cups/mugs that are Microwave Safe are actually Pyrex colored similar to Corel. (They are not an exact match and look more like skim milk.)

Otherwise... Get off your lazy ass and wash a dish. geeze. Paper plates etc... Just what we need, more landfill.

------------------
The only thing George Orwell got wrong was the year...

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

There, problem solved.

Not quite. Do not throw out your fine china. It is helpful when interviewing women. At other times, I can vouch for the above method. Also, you do not have to wash the pans if you quit using them on the Bar-B-Que pit. Another absolute must have is the plastic dish cover tall enough to cover a deep bowl of stew. This keeps the microwave looking "new" ( free from splatters ).

I can not find the thread but maryjane was abandoned for a time this year and seemed to survive due to some innovative solutions. Might PM him if he does not catch this thread.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Leave em where, and like they are---till mold and fungi covers them. Then you can tell everyone it's a Chia sculpture.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Leave em where, and like they are---till mold and fungi covers them. Then you can tell everyone it's a Chia sculpture.

Let the decomposers do their work, then just rinse 'em off..all clean!

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Here is the options.

If I trash them, I will have to spend money on new stuff and I will still have to wash those before I use them. It still may be early enough for breakfast though.

Virtual bartender won't wash them for me, Oh man alive, what good is she anyways, (retorical)

If I wash them I won't be finished until well afternoon, way too late for breakfast.

Here is the command decision

Pick out the goodstuff to wash and trash the rest, have a nice brunch. Claim poverty to Santa Claus and hope that he brings me a nice new dinerware set for Christmas in 5 weeks.

PFF
System Bot
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
I say, wash the dishes, put them away. Go buy a truckload of paper plates, cups and bowls. Plastic forks...etc. Dont touch the dishes once clean. When you have a lady come over, she will still think you are domestic! Unless she is one on this forum. Problem solved!

I like FieroRumors idea:

Snap a pic, and sell it on Ebay. Call it a "science Experiment", "Voo-doo kit" or "magic Peanut"
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
buy new... just get paper plates and plastice forks and plastic or styrofoam cups... seriously would you eat at home more if you knew that you didnt have to clean??? i know i would...
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Don´t be so bloody lazy!! ..Ahemmm..bit strong!! Now how do I get that winking little devil?!!
You think you have problems!!! It is Saturday night, and my Wife is coming home Monday...and this is what the house looks like!:

And outside, there are three cars waiting to be done, I have to make 7 steel rejillas (burglar proof screens) and refit a restaurant kitchen in the next 4 weeks!!
HELP!!!
And yet here I am, sitting in front of the screen...oh heck!! Man´s gotta have a break, eh?
fierofetish

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 11-13-2004).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Oh no!! I've done it again.thread closed???
fierofetish
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Don´t be so bloody lazy!! ..Ahemmm..bit strong!! Now how do I get that winking little devil?!!
You think you have problems!!! It is Saturday night, and my Wife is coming home Monday...and this is what the house looks like!:

And outside, there are three cars waiting to be done, I have to make 7 steel rejillas (burglar proof screens) and refit a restaurant kitchen in the next 4 weeks!!
HELP!!!
And yet here I am, sitting in front of the screen...oh heck!! Man´s gotta have a break, eh?
fierofetish

Hey, you have your work cut out for you, and a few more of you. But look on the bright side. You have an excuse to have dirty dishes.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks cliffw..I knew I could rely on you!!
Nick
fierofetish
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Thanks cliffw..I knew I could rely on you!!
Nick
fierofetish

Hey Nick, if it's any consolation, I am doing the same work at galfriend's house. I am a little ahead of you. Except my project has a lot of sheetrock work. I did not see any sheetrock material laying around at your place so you will not have to contend with dust getting everywhere when sanding between layers of joint compound.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Cliffw, you have to be kidding!! I have knocked out two walls, removed 64 tiles, built two new walls, and am now cutting timber!! And not only that, the building work across the road is causing so much dust, I can write my name in a dinner plate, 20 seconds after washing and drying it!!
I am making window frames to fit in three arches...it is not fun!! Sawdust, brickdust, and just about any other dust you could mention!! And my 3 dogs keep looking at me, as if to say" WTF!!!! WHY? WHY? WHY???."..and I am beginning to ask myself as well!! The problem with wives is, if you CAN do it, then you might as well do it!!
Nick
fierofetish
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering the same as Jetman with my dishes.Working 79 hrs this week hasn't given me any time to wash the dishes in the sink, and now they've been sitting so long that I"m scared of them! lol

I don't wash my shower curtain liners, when they start getting moldy, I just run out and buy a new one ($1.50). I'm just to lazy to clean um and if its only a few bucks, then why the heck not?!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Cliffw, you have to be kidding!! I have knocked out two walls, removed 64 tiles, built two new walls, and am now cutting timber!! And not only that, the building work across the road is causing so much dust, I can write my name in a dinner plate, 20 seconds after washing and drying it!!
I am making window frames to fit in three arches...it is not fun!! Sawdust, brickdust, and just about any other dust you could mention!! And my 3 dogs keep looking at me, as if to say" WTF!!!! WHY? WHY? WHY???."..and I am beginning to ask myself as well!! The problem with wives is, if you CAN do it, then you might as well do it!!
Nick
fierofetish

Jetman, I believe you are satisfied with you question. I hope we are not stepping on your thread.
Nick, I made the mistake of showing Galfriend what my combination mitre saw can do. Now she thinks I can use it ! The list of things to has just started.

PFF
System Bot
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Jetman, I believe you are satisfied with you question. I hope we are not stepping on your thread.
Nick, I made the mistake of showing Galfriend what my combination mitre saw can do. Now she thinks I can use it ! The list of things to has just started.

Go ahead and step away! Do a tap dance if you want, its all fun.

Been busy, toe to toe combat with the dishes, I smell victory!
I sure better, I used my best friend, bleach and lots of it.
First I bleached out the counter tops for a disinfected area to work.
Used plenty of hot soapy water and went to town!
Took breaks along the way like to put medication on my skin where the bleach ate through my sweater.

Scrubbed off the stove, thats really easy, I use Dow Bathroom spray cleaner with scrubbing bubbles, Man alive that stuff cuts through grease. Pretreated the cabinets with soft Scrub and used a bleach soaked sponge, then sprayed it down with the sink spray trigger thingy for a "rinse" cycle. Now since the floors are "pretreated" with a couple gallons of water, I bleached those down, made them white as snow.
In all honesty I did kinda let the dishes go this time, I am usually pretty good and being clean in the kitchen. I like to cook and I truely believe in proper safe food preparation.

Ok sarabear, I did it, now its your turn. fierofetish, I wish you luck before your wife gets home. I'd say think triple latte coffee's and Red bull drinks.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your generosity with your thread, Jetman...and congratulations!! Only thing I was going to ask...you said your floor was pure white now...you must have overdone the bleach!!Every other square is meant to be black!! J/K!!!
Here is my work area now:

And now..it is 3:00am, and I must get some sleep, before attacking these again:

It is no fun trying to make window frames to fit in arches!! And there are three to do, and the frame for the big arch must be done as well for Monday, so I can get the glass in before Ellie comes home!!
Nick
fierofetish
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for your generosity with your thread, Jetman...and congratulations!! Only thing I was going to ask...you said your floor was pure white now...you must have overdone the bleach!!Every other square is meant to be black!! J/K!!!
Here is my work area now:

fierofetish

Don't show anyone the "before" pictures and I think you will be ok.
Poor sarabear, I think she fell asleep at the sink.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Hey jetman, here is a heads up.
Get the women in there now for interviews while it smells good and you seem domesticated.
Hey good job man. Get one of those sponges which have a resevoir attatched to them. Fill them with dilluted dish soap and spot clean the dishes as you use them. You can actually sort of wipe wash them as you use them. Dirty dishes are like rabbits.
sarabear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

Don't show anyone the "before" pictures and I think you will be ok.
Poor sarabear, I think she fell asleep at the sink.

I didn't fall asleep...I just went out tonight instead of cleaning my apartment, lol. I still haven't done those dishes but hopefully I'll get motivated to do them tomorrow. I have a friend staying over tonight, so maybe I'll con her into helping me in the morning. What are friends for right?! HEY! I paid for her drinks tonight, thats the least she can do!

justa6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fiero67:

I say, wash the dishes, put them away. Go buy a truckload of paper plates, cups and bowls. Plastic forks...etc. Dont touch the dishes once clean. When you have a lady come over, she will still think you are domestic! Unless she is one on this forum. Problem solved!

QUOTE]

ditto my thoughts exactly. it is hard to impress the ladies with paper (unless its money)

Joel

sarabear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
hey, i'm domesticated! I can cook, clean etc (when I dont work double shifts all week)...Domesticated is good! Who cares if its paper?! It all does the same job. lol
sarabear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post

sarabear

3016 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Alright....you forced me into it! I'm in the process of cleaning up my apartment. I'm doing the whole thing...dishes, cleaning the bathroom, vacuming, moping, etc....I may slack off some weeks, but at least I'm doing it now!

I'll keep you updated on my progress jetman! lol haha

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Haven't you people ever heard of portable dishwashers????
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:
Haven't you people ever heard of portable dishwashers????

Yes, but I haven't figured women out exactly.

PFF
System Bot
sarabear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
woohoo I'm done! It took almost 2 hours, but I got it finished! yeah!

Now its time to go to bed since I have to work all night tonight....see yas!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock