Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Map from Mapquest (free) Gas, tolls, coffee, soda, muffin ($37.89) 56K friendly pics

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Map from Mapquest (free) Gas, tolls, coffee, soda, muffin ($37.89) 56K friendly pics by 84Bill
Started on: 09-14-2003 09:01 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 84Bill on 09-15-2003 08:42 PM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Seeing the "temporary memorial" at Shanksville in person (beyond your wildest imagination, "priceless" does not even come close)

You must see it to feel it.
Click a picture to enlarge

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 09-14-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2003 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 09-14-2003).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2003 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Enjoy

Some 411 about this 911 site.

Shanksville is a tiny "NO stoplight" town in PA that suddenly found itself right smack dab in the middle of the 911 attacks.

Since then thousands have gone there daily.

The famous picture showing a mushroom cloud was taken by a woman waiting for a friend to do a flyby in his plane. She heard the explosion and snapped the pic.

The flight data recorder (in the rear of the plane) was found buried 15 feet under ground in the 25 foot deep crater.

The excavation went down 50 feet.

All remains were identified

The area is still off limits because it is STILL a crime scene

It is still held by the coroners office and is the longest held crime scene in PA history

American Airlines went in and cut down all the burnt timber and replanted the tree line

The road that leads to the site was put down before the next morning (9/12) to move in heavy equipment and was originally a dirt road.

The government is going to turn the site into a national park for all visitors. They were given Official word just yesterday or friday.

The airplane was traveling at roughly 550 mph when it rolled over (witnesses saw it) and did a "split-S" into the ground.

Unlike "ground zero" where people were victim to "fate" those aboard flight 93 TOOK control of their destiny and stopped this airplane from killing others. The heroes of New York are in no way tarnished by this however when you (as a civilian) take on the roll of hero it is an honor so great that I wept yet again as if it was happening all over again.

Never forget.

If you want a FULL picture (there is allot of detail lost even in the bigger pics) I will email it. I also have a website address as well to the Flight 94 Memorial.

Thank you.
no, not you, them

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 09-15-2003).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2003 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow. I didn't realize they'd put up a memorial there. I'm gonna have to visit it one day.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2003 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I had taken about 5 pictures of the wonderfull sites in PA on my way there. I took the flag from the front of my house because (the way crap is now I figured people forgot) I wanted to have my picture taken with it. WOW! how wrong I was. There was nary a house within miles that did not have one or more!

Needless to say I errased ALL of them (silly nonsense pictures) so I could capture as much as I could of this place, the hallowed ground where American heros died to save others from harm. I can not express the emotion that can accompany a visit to this place. IT IS a must see if you can find it but you really must want to go there or you WILL get lost and/or so remote that it IS the only thing to see for almost fourty miles.

This is what we fight for, theese people chose to do what they did, they knew they were going to die and they CHOSE to die on their own terms and not cowering in a seat paralyzed by fear or INDECISION. They died so many (maybe even you or someone you know)could live that day or even years later.

I did not forget but going there made it so clear why the war in Iraq is so important. Now I know I will not forget.
My son wanted to know where I was today, I told him and explained it to him. He understands and if he wants to go there and I have (a job or) money I will go back with him without hesitation.

"Let's roll"

God bless the man who said that. I'll be damned if I did forget his name already. I believe it was Jeremy Glick

I remove Mr. President after the above quote because I could not in good concince taint those words like that.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 09-15-2003).]

AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2003 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
"Let's roll"

God bless the man who said that. I'll be damned if I did forget his name already. I believe it was Jeremy Glick

I remove Mr. President after the above quote because I could not in good concince taint those words like that.

Bill,

Great post, and great pictures. I would like to visit there some day. The man's name was Todd Beamer.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AndyLPhoto:

Bill,

Great post, and great pictures. I would like to visit there some day. The man's name was Todd Beamer.

Thanks for helping me to remember

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock