Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  The Most Beautiful Cars Ever Produced (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Most Beautiful Cars Ever Produced by Don_Chi_Chi
Started on: 03-24-2002 07:02 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: David Bartlett on 03-26-2002 09:27 PM
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2002 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
nice, i like the first T/A (77 i believe?)
How could i forget the Vector on my list!

I dont get why nobody had made a Vector W-8 kit for the fiero, the frame owuldnt have to be dtreached much and the W-8 came with a SBC, you could make this look almost excalty like the real deal

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

IP: Logged
Don_Chi_Chi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed. Something like 80% of the cars listed here so far and mid-engined. Coincedince in a Fiero forum????? Probably not.

------------------

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

The first T/A was a 69 model.

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
1.Dodge Viper
2.Potiac Fiero (My Car)
3.Bucik Grand Nationl/GNX/T-Type(My Dads Car)
4.Mclaren F1
5.Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo
6.Ferraris(most of them, but I like the newer ones a bit better...F40,F50,348,355,360)
7.Lamborghini Diablo

[img]//www.fiero.nl/uploads/2000_dodge_hennessey_viper_venom_80

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

furious_fiero

3028 posts
Member since Mar 2002
THE BEST ONE THAT DIDNT WORK!!!...

This is the Henessy Venom 800+HP Twin Turbo...would kill a Mclaren in the 1/4 mile...

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
onfire,

Do you know the story behind this car?
This would have been a dream come true.

Vector was going to make this car for $150,000 in the begining of 2000. It would of had a 400+ h.p. version of the ls1 v8 in it, as they were having trouble getting v12's from Lamborghini.

Here is the only other pic I could find of this car. Only one was ever made.

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post

onfire

1560 posts
Member since Oct 2000

What is this doing in a used car lot? Do you think it was used for a trade in? What could the dealer possibly have, that you just had to trade a Vector for?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by furious_fiero:

This is the Henessy Venom 800+HP Twin Turbo...would kill a Mclaren in the 1/4 mile...

But you have to remember that in European cars its all about speed and handleing, they dont give a crap about 1/4 or short straight line performance. Try chasing the F1 or any other euro car on a european road with a viper. I have a gf that had one, It handled like total crap when it run at all when I drove it. Felt like the front end had a 1,000 pnds too much on the front end. She got rid of it within 5 months, took a $10k hit to get rid of it. I will give you its cool looking though and thats what the treads about.

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:
...What is this doing in a used car lot? Do you think it was used for a trade in? What could the dealer possibly have, that you just had to trade a Vector for?

If you look closely, you'll see it also has Japanese plates (?!)

I think that one was #0011, if I remember correctly. I'll have to find my old collection of pics (over 150) of W8s, sorted by location and serial number. There were officially 19 made, BTW. Number 0019 is STILL unregistered, and rumored to be hiding in Germany somewhere from the Audi/Lamborghini buyout. The car was sitting in the factory ready for delivery when Audi bought Lamborghini from Proton, who also owned Vector at the time.

Oh, and the SRV8 info is dead-on. That second pic is a RARE one, too!
Good find!

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 03-26-2002).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

How could i forget the Vector on my list!

I dont get why nobody had made a Vector W-8 kit for the fiero, the frame owuldnt have to be dtreached much and the W-8 came with a SBC, you could make this look almost excalty like the real deal

I been working on someone we know to make a kit of the Vector........sooooooo maybe one day.......

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know ther performance figures on a Vector...I love them so much...I know the newest ones had Lamborghini engines...I remember when they were making them, they were my favorite cars at the time...I still love em...every once and a while I see one for sale in the "Du Pont" exotic car magazine...man, what I would do for one of them????

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M4 with lots of extras.

PFF
System Bot
Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post

And all Hennessey needed was a pair of turbos to keep up with the MacF1. And with the currect state of Henessey Motorsports, chances of getting anything from them seem kinda slim.
The Maclaren was designed to be the fastest, best handling, most exclusive, beautiful and most expensive car in its time and I still say it holds that crown at least until the new Bugatti rears its head.

Stokin_the_neighbors
No longer registered
Report this Post03-26-2002 03:40 PM   Send a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
Here's some more!

Definatley a sweet car , can't wait till i restore mine , last time it ran was 15 years ago the origional 400 was replaced by a 455HO froma 71 T/A i beilve.

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone know ther performance figures on a Vector...I love them so much...I know the newest ones had Lamborghini engines...I remember when they were making them, they were my favorite cars at the time...I still love em...every once and a while I see one for sale in the "Du Pont" exotic car magazine...man, what I would do for one of them????

The Lambo-engined cars weren't "real" Vectors, but Gerald Weigert (the originator) owns all the rights again, and is planning a comback.

Now, the W8 twin turbo (which had a Rodeck aluminum block, NOT an SBC) had some impressive numbers...I'll post them in a bit. (eating). lol!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

I have an info packet on them, if i recall, the W-8's had Chevy 350's and the N/A version was rated at 700hp and the twin turbo version at 1,100hp (out of 350 cubes) and the M12 was wehn Lamborghini took over Vector and they stuffed a 450hp Lambo V-12 in them

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

I have an info packet on them, if i recall, the W-8's had Chevy 350's and the N/A version was rated at 700hp and the twin turbo version at 1,100hp (out of 350 cubes) and the M12 was wehn Lamborghini took over Vector and they stuffed a 450hp Lambo V-12 in them

OK, Vector W8s NEVER were available "NA", the did NOT have Chevy motors, but Rodeck Aluminum blocks, and Lamborghini NEVER took over Vector, they were BOTH bought by a Malaysian company, and operated from Florida, for a while.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pontiaddict:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTFiero1:
[b]nice, i like the first T/A (77 i believe?)

The first T/A was a 69 model.

[/B][/QUOTE]

nah, i ment the first one he posted, its a 77-78

David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
This is the first sports car I ever sat in... and my first love.

Someday I'll have one as my Sunday car.

1967 Sunbeam Tiger MkII
289cu V8

------------------

1G2PG9799GP274113

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors