Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Oh Please I need Help on this!! Kinda Long (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Oh Please I need Help on this!! Kinda Long by Justneedadvice
Started on: 03-16-2002 06:44 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Dumba$$ on 03-19-2002 11:45 PM
Springtyme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post
Good luck man!

edited cause I'm a retard

[This message has been edited by Springtyme (edited 03-18-2002).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I won't give any advice, because I really can't say anything useful to your situation.

Just know that there are many more of us out here, reading this. We all wish you the very best.

I'll say a prayer.

Peace.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
One thing to note. If your wife's doctor keeps putting her on different treatments, and it doesn't work... GET A NEW DOCTOR. Depression CAN be beaten, but it'll take a lot work, and a COMPETANT won't hurt.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
If I can comment on the last post - for many people medication pulls them up enough to almost be considered a cure

for others medication is only the start - it pulls the patient out of the black hole they feel trapped in, gives them enough energy to at least get out of bed (some depression patients literally stay in bed all day)

and it might help them get past suicidal thoughts

but medication is not the whole answer for everyone - thats part of what I was talking about when I said what has happend to Justneedsadvice is normal for families in which depression goes on for a long time - sometimes people think all they have to do is take the pills and everything will be ok

and if its not ok, then they think, well it must be something else thats still making me feel down, my spouse, my job, my life, or maybe Im simple not a good person.

When the meds dont work then a family needs to develop a plan, a process, ways of dealing with all the effects of depression, realizing its not the patients fault they are still depressed, and its not anyone elses fault either.

but they have to realize its a real problem and it has to be dealt with on a daily basis.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I've been sorta through this but only in a dating level of a relationship.

She was depressive before I met her and she tried her best not to let me know about it. In a short time I stated realizing and picked up little hints here and there of how much deeper and deeper the depression was. She was good at hiding it and even better about not talking about it or even letting you know about it. Probably because she was afraid she would pull you down too.

Well the thing about this was her parents liked me and (deep down inside) she hates her parents and it's because they are controlling and overprotective of her. At the time I didn't know this so it was very confusing. It was tearing her apart, if things worked out between us it would make her parents happy and in no way did she want to see that ever happen. I think she really liked me which made the depression she had even worse.

The relationship, well friendship, ended abruptly after I found out about some things she had said about me. Most guys would have walked away and never looked back but that was when I found out it wasn't about me it was something deep down hidden between her and her parents.

I wanted to work things out but she didn't. She knew she had caused too much pain for me and I, not knowing, was causing a lot of pain for her. I wanted to help, but the more I would the more I was hurting her. Aweful aweful feelings knowing you can't do anything that will make the situation better.

I hope you can work things out in your situation. Yours is on a much different level than what mine was. Learn what it is that is causing the depression that way you can understand it and be able to help.

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post
do somthing out of the blue,
take your wife out on a date,
Dinner &a movie
you said she dont leave the house much
that'll give her a reason to get all fancied up and most likley she'll feel good about herself, even if its only for one night or even a few hours it will be worth it
i know that by no means is this a cure for depression but if it helps for even an our it be worth it

i wish you the best of luck

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD

86' 2m6 4.10
92' 325i
98' Acura CL 3.0

Some people say that im an evil person, thats not true, i have the heart of a little boy....... in a jar on my desk!! Stephen King

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock