Started on: 03-12-2002 08:00 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: 85 gt fiero on 03-14-2002 10:00 PM
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I have a friend who has a daughter going to college in Oxford Mississippi. Someone keeps harrassing her through the email. I have tried all the ways I know to find out who it is. I am hoping someone with alot more computer savvy can help out. The persons email address that keeps bothering her is
anonymous_3082@yahoo.com any help is appreciated it is really stressing her out. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ferrari Fan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zoom88:
I have a friend who has a daughter going to college in Oxford Mississippi. Someone keeps harrassing her through the email. I have tried all the ways I know to find out who it is. I am hoping someone with alot more computer savvy can help out. The persons email address that keeps bothering her is
[b]anonymous_3082@yahoo.com
any help is appreciated it is really stressing her out. Thanks[/B]

Does she have AOL, if she does she can block the E-mail address in her mail settings. She can also send the address to the server and they will take action on the address, since it is Yahoo, I dont think it would be long before she is rid of the little bastard!

fieronv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieronvSend a Private Message to fieronvDirect Link to This Post
Contact Yahoo and the police about this person and they will more than likely track this person down. You can file a restraining order against him after he is found.

------------------

85GT (twoloud)

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
email bomb them
Zoom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I appreciate all the ideas and will pass them along. Neither one of us knows how to email bomb, and if it is illegal or destructive I personally wouldn't want to do it anyway. They think it is someone they know and would like to prove it. He was looking to tie a name to the email address.
LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
mail bombing is a violation of terms-of-service and if you do it you risk having your account terminated.

You need to examine the entire header as well to confirm the actual origin of the message; it's trival to forge Reply To: addresses.

If the emails are threatening have your daughter print them out and go to the police.

Yahoo most likely won't do a goldurned thing without police/court involvement.

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2002 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
is your daughter on a college email account??

this is a suggestion that she speak to a dean at the school, or the schools law enforcement. If its the college's email, they should be able to track it and see if its coming from the school.

And she should print every email that has been sent to her, and including the header with the IP info, date etc...

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
give me the word and I will open up relentless terror on this guy's pc and when im done playing with him i will formate his hardrive.
i don't know as much as some people about computers.... But what i do know is destrctive
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2002 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget that whenever you get an unsavory email (like harrassment, ****, etc) you can send an email to "abuse@*.com" where "*" is the domain source of the email. In this case email "abuse@yahoo.com" and attach the abusive email's entire header to the message. I have done this for ****-spam and it works wonders. (I know I have fried at least two people's hotmail accounts this way. I know they move on and porm-spam others, but not me. Anyway, just trying to help.

------------------
- Flamberge

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2002 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
give me the word and I will open up relentless terror on this guy's pc and when im done playing with him i will formate his hardrive.
i don't know as much as some people about computers.... But what i do know is destrctive

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to do that to anyone.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2002 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

Script kiddie.

Open up the email source, and look at the heading. In fact, paste it here. You can reverse-lookup to his ISP, and turn him in there.

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2002 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
If you can find a name or other uniquie word he's using, you can go into tools, and block any emails with that name or uniquie word.

Don't make it to general, you don't want to block out the wrong emails.

I use that option to block out email with nasty words, and annoying adds. I just put the company name on the block list & never hear from them again 8> )

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Can always block the address, but you can find the IP just as easily

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 5spd, 3.4 75 NOS
LoW Key's Red Bullet

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Tell here to simply ignore the email;s and eventually they'll go away.

Randy

------------------

SOLD:( Looking for a fastback

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock