Started on: 03-10-2002 02:01 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-12-2002 08:59 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
God do I hate this city Some punks smashed the heck out of my truck parked outside last night. I knew something was wrong when I saw a shopping cart sitting on its side in front of the truck. It looks like they used the cart to repeatdly smash the sides of it. I am SOO pissed off; this is the fourth time now in under two years that I have had my vehicles vandalized. My Fiero was stolen, broken into twice, and now this. What the heck is wrong with people? So now I have to find $700 bucks for the bloody insurance deductable. F.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Ya that just sux don't it? Back in 97 about 2 moths after buying my Elantra new ( ya, I know POS) I was in Halifax partying with friends, and parked outside the apartment building.

Needless to say that the next morning I was not feeling none to good, and while driving home, I could see something stuck to the left side of the hood.

Stopped at a friends house for something, and happened to notice that the thing stuck to the hood was actually a strut mount bolt poking up through the hood! ACK, someone jumped on the hood of my new car....

Pissed off, back in the car and went the rest of the way home. Looked the car over real well, and not only the hood was dented to hell, so was the roof and the trunk cover. Some kunts walked over my car. Also the passanger side doors were dented, and the rear 1/4's.

I forgot the hangover real quick at that point. The next day I dropped the car off at the dealer, and told em to fix it. The said it would be 3 weeks before they could get at it. Fine, keep it I said, I don't want to look at it.

After 5 weeks I got the car back, repair bill was almost $5000.00. They replaced the hood and trunk cover, fixed the roof, and the rest of the dents, and ended up repainting the whole thing.

Thank god for insurance, and sure glad it wasn't the Fiero!

------------------

White V8 SOLD //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/006973.html

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the insurance adjusters and I am ready to strangle someone. After surveying the damage to the truck, which is mainly on the drivers side, with a few small kicks and dents on the passenger side and around the top of the box, the adjuster says that they will repair the drivers side but not the rest of the truck because they think that damage occured prior to the vandalism. I told them that it was new paint, and that I had just washed the truck the day before and none of the damage was there, but they say it doesn't make sense why they would just make small dents in the one side after trashing the drivers side. I asked the adjuster if they think any sense was going through the minds of those responsible for the vandelism and told him I want all the damage repaired. The fact that there was muddy footprints around the box (somebody jumping on the truck?) didn't seem to phase them at all. Now they are saying they are only willing to do the body work to the damaged areas and just repaint the affected areas. God its like a pushing a rope dealing with these F-tards. I can't believe after paying insurance all my life that whenever you actually go to make a claim they make you feel like total crap and make it seem like they are doing you a big favor helping you out. The last time my Fiero was hit by theives it took almost two months to sort everything out with the insurance guys, and because of shear frustration I had to settle for a car that looked like Frankenstein when I got it back. I guess that it one of the joys of only government operated insurance for our province, no matter how shoddy their service is they don't have to worry because there is no other insurance. Sorry, just had to vent.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 03-12-2002).]

ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
See, thats the kind of stuff that gets people killed in California. Someone screwing with your car and someone hears it, out with ol' Betsey. I can't believe that nobody heard someone hitting your car. But just remember, one day they will die...lets just hope it is a miserable death.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
See thats where things are different up here. If I caught someone breaking into my car and "immobilized" them until the cops came, I would be on my way to court. I asked the police officer who came to take my statement about what I could do if I caught someone in the act of messing with one of my vehicles, and he said to just phone the police. Unless the vandal does physical damage to me, I am not allowed to use physical force on him because I would be charged with assault. You gotta wonder who the justice system looks out for

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 03-12-2002).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2002 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
SD
Sudden Death caused by unknown blunt objects and projectiles.
I don't know officer he was like that when I found him. I called you just as fast as I could. Probably who ever owned the last car they vandalized must have caught up with them. No I didn’t see anything, I was playing on the Internet when it happened You can ask the 4000 + members.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock