egal talon or fiero 2m4?? by 4BanGinFun
Started on: 03-08-2002 02:37 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 4BanGinFun on 03-09-2002 11:04 PM
4BanGinFun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
is the talon any good

is my little 2m4 in trouble???

the talon is a no turbo 5spd

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dan R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RClick Here to visit Dan R's HomePageSend a Private Message to Dan RDirect Link to This Post
Someone else had the same question about a month ago. I think the decision was the talon was underbuilt (weak tranny...). I think if it is a 95+ go for it, I love the look of those cars
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Who knows... I think we need more info.

DSM's don't have the best reliability records, but it also depends on which car/model it is too, and the year.

To really say, we need more info about the Talon. Is your Fiero dying on you?

Yeah, Talons can be good, but with used cars the conditionis as important as brand reputation... maybe more so.

More details, and maybe we can help

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
more details eh ok

im not buying it but my friend is

I think its a 92 or 93 non turbo 16valve 5spd 200k km on it rebuilt tranny

my fiero is in a little trouble
but the question is does my fiero have a chance againts my friend???

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

utmracing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utmracingClick Here to visit utmracing's HomePageSend a Private Message to utmracingDirect Link to This Post
Nope, you won't have a chance unless your friend doesn't know how to drive. If you had a 6 it would be a different story. We had a 91 Laser non-turbo doing 14.5 at the track with only free mods and some weight lightening. The engine is actually quite reliable, it's the timing belt and balance shaft belt that isn't. The tranny on the NT can take a beating, it's built as strong as the turbo model but it paired up to an engine putting out 60 less hp.
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
I dont know about 14.5 on a stock talon non turbo. Its been my experiance that the turbos are awesome but the non turbos are dog slow and not very fun to drive. BTW what kind of free mods can take a second or more of a cars ET??
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
im not sure which engine it is, but one of them has a really ***** timing belt job that has to be done after 60,000 sum miles.

someone wanted me to do their car. And its not like shopclass where the engine is out of the car.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
theres a purple talon around the corner from me its lowerd and stuff but iv never seen it move it was forsale last summer i should have checked it out oh well

free mods eh what kind would give you a 14.5 et??????

I could use some of them myself

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

utmracing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utmracingClick Here to visit utmracing's HomePageSend a Private Message to utmracingDirect Link to This Post
I'm talking about the 4G63 2.0L Mitsubishi motor, not the 1.8 that some of them came with.

Balance shaft removal, underdrive pulley, manual steering, removed A/C, lightweight wheels. Then we removed a load of weight off the car. Ran consistant times between 14.6-14.9

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
yea this one doesnt have the mitsu motor no turbo and no wieght reduction

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

sloGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloGTSend a Private Message to sloGTDirect Link to This Post
I raced a talon at the drag strip the other day (i was in a 67 fiarlane 289 2 bbl),eh had a 92 talon with a 1000stickers and i still beat him.he ran an 11.36 1/8 I got a 10.80 heh heh oh,yeah i wasn't planning on racing but i had prove a point about ricers.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Right on with the engines. The stock 1.8 had under 100 HP. A 2m4 had similar power, but a lot more torque and should be able to take it. The 2.0 N/A was around 130 or so. That should be enough to take a 2m4 in an early 90's Talon.

That kind of milage sounds like a fair amount, but if its taken care if it should be ok. The 2.0 probably would hold up better than the 1.8 too, since the smaller motor would have to work harder.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
yea the transmission was rebuilt so im not sure on the engine condition tho

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay