Started on: 02-27-2002 10:06 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Ken Wittlief on 02-28-2002 09:37 PM
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Saturday, Sunday and Monday I was treated to a constant air show over my house. A AT-6 Texan WWII trainer in original yellow color was constantly put through it,s paces.
After many attempts that resulted in blue sky photos I finally got a shot with the digital.

My curiousity getting the better of me I rode down to Molton field which is about 4 miles south of here and saw this sign.

Molton field is where the Tuskeegee Airmen were trained 1939-1943. In the background is one of the original hangers from the Army Airfield.

This same type trainer was used here 60 year ago. It made me wonder what the area sounded like then with many of those radial engines in flight at once, an unmistakable sound.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 02-27-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ken Wittlief

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Ive got a panasonic digital camera - great little thing - 1280x 1024 images - 3X OPTICAL zoom - got it for $200 new

BUT i found out (apparently like yours) when you push the shutter button it doesnt 'click' for 3 seconds

trying to catch something moving is impossible!

other than that, I love the camera.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
So the big question is:
Did you go for a ride?
If not, Are you?

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ken Wittlief:
Ive got a panasonic digital camera - great little thing - 1280x 1024 images - 3X OPTICAL zoom - got it for $200 new

BUT i found out (apparently like yours) when you push the shutter button it doesnt 'click' for 3 seconds

trying to catch something moving is impossible!

other than that, I love the camera.

Have you guys tried holding the button down just a little? I do this with my hewlett packard camera I bought 1 - 1½ yrs ago, and a little green light will turn on then you just put a little more pressure on it and it takes it.

I don't know how I figured this out on my camera, but its kinda nice

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 3.4 NOS
LoW Key's Red Bullet

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
ahhh! maybe its trying to focus before it shutters - holding the button down a little prefocuses?! will have to try it

the camera drove me nuts trying to take a photo of the new big steel rollercoaster at Cedar Point last summer :c)

kept getting a photo of the track - the car was long gone!
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
I considered a ride, it would be great. The 200 dollar price tag on a 20 minute flight kinda scared me off. I,m sure, considering maintnance on a 1941 aircraft, that is a bargain never the less.

My problem with the camera is that it has a 12 to 1 zoom and a rear surface digital display rather than a viewfinder. I need to rig some kind of optical sight. It,s hard to find the target.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Hey I tried that half way thing with the button and it works great - it takes about 3 seconds for the camera to focus, then after that the instant you push it all the way down it takes the photo.

was practicing on cars going by on the street - works great! Thnx!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock