Started on: 02-26-2002 12:26 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: btoth on 02-27-2002 11:14 AM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
now that I've got you all hear since you can't seem to start your own thread about the XBOX and have to invade other system's threads
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/previews/jan02/halo.html

enjoy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I played Halo on my buddies XBOX, and it was a lot of fun deathmatching. I am really looking forward to be able to play it on my PC with surround an hi-res however, I think the single player will be much more enjoyable. I found the multi-player split screen was really fun, razzing your buddies when ever you frag them is too funny. Playing over the net just isn't the same.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
I am really looking forward to be able to play it on my PC with surround an hi-res however, I think the single player will be much more enjoyable. I found the multi-player split screen was really fun, razzing your buddies when ever you frag them is too funny. Playing over the net just isn't the same.

I'm playing it on a 60" big screen and DTS surround sound system. Love that bass! The big screen TV also seems to make it much more interactive than squinting at a relatively small computer monitor.

The multi-player is hoot, too. Like you said, it's pretty fun being able to razz your opponents in real life.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post

BN Boomer

2086 posts
Member since Jun 99
Mmmmm hmmmmm, more speculation. I'm sure Microsoft is going to just let Bungie just "sneak out PC and MAC versions", right? We all know how little Microsoft cares about it's property, right?

But who knows, maybe I'll give the PC version a whirl, too. You know life's good when you don't have to fret about the insignificant expense of a game console. Conversely, you know things must not be going so well when you have to lash out at others enjoying their purchases or whine about "financial correctness".

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Played that on my friends it rocked! multiplayer was pretty cool he was wasting me at first then I started to catch him after I got used to the controls..

We gotta try it on the 64 inch tv my parents just got that'd be somethin to play on that!

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BN Boomer:
Mmmmm hmmmmm, more speculation. I'm sure Microsoft is going to just let Bungie just "sneak out PC and MAC versions", right? We all know how little Microsoft cares about it's property, right?

But who knows, maybe I'll give the PC version a whirl, too. You know life's good when you don't have to fret about the insignificant expense of a game console. Conversely, you know things must not be going so well when you have to lash out at others enjoying their purchases or whine about "financial correctness".

PC and MACs are computer markets and don't compete against XBOX sales. and any sale of HALO for any platform is $$$ in Microsoft's pocket. So MS would be pretty damn stupid not to release a version for the PC and MAC.

By the way, did you know that MS bought a 21% stake in Apple back around 96/97? To be honest, I don't know what's happened since but ... With that purchase, they were also able to gain access to MAC OS source to "make better software" for the platform as part of the agreement. MS sells the Office Suite for the MAC. Why? To make money...

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2002 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
Played that on my friends it rocked! multiplayer was pretty cool he was wasting me at first then I started to catch him after I got used to the controls..

We gotta try it on the 64 inch tv my parents just got that'd be somethin to play on that!

you can't get one kill if I try

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2002 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
Anyone tried throwing an x-box disk in their computer and setting the bios to boot off the disk yet?
I've always wondered about that.
I think Microsoft would be a bit smarter than to let that work, but you never know.
btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pontiaddict:
Anyone tried throwing an x-box disk in their computer and setting the bios to boot off the disk yet?
I've always wondered about that.
I think Microsoft would be a bit smarter than to let that work, but you never know.

You'd think an x-box emulator would be pretty straight forward to make.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock