Started on: 02-23-2002 02:40 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Ferrari Fan on 02-25-2002 09:10 AM
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Okay how the heck do I get my car to not have a 175 mph speed limiter? I Am using a ruf porsche with about 1000 hp right now. Thing kicks ass! Anyway can any of you gt3 junkies help me?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
don think you can change it. My best car is a Viper GTS with 1,065 (if i remember correctly) horse power and tops out at 256mph

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post
The best way to get more speed out of your car is to adjust the gears in your transmission, you already have the power, so just adjust them and you will get a hell of a differance. If I remember right, raise the ratios and get more top end, lower them and get more tourque.
I like the F1 cars in the game, they are excellent to run I like the Austy Touring Car and the Germen Touring Cars the best
banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
It's all in the gearing. Make your 5th and 6th gear long. I've been racing a 1081hp Supra that does well over 200mph on the high speed oval. The damn tires give out before the engine does...
Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post
I wish they would have put the Fiero in that game
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Yea I'm getting screwed on the oval myself. I get a huge lead but everyone tops out a little higher then me so they end up passing. Where do I adjust the gearing?

------------------

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
You have to buy the racing transmission before you can change the gearing. Pop for that, go into the settings, and, as mentioned previously, set it up with some ridiculously high gearing. If you've got the racing suspension, lower the car, adjust the front and rear downforce, etc.

Have fun!
Hartz

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I found where to set it up and it works perfectly. Let the tinkering begin!
Another qustion.... is their anyway to get the big spoiler and colored paint job on your car? Or do you have to win one?

------------------

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
You cannot race mod the RUF cars in this game. Sorry.

------------------

TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
you cant get a racing modification in the 3rd one like you could in the previous two. only some cars you'll win will have the paint and spoiler.
All right im gonna purchase the racing trans then and set the gears high. I can surpas my old 256mph record
Dough19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dough19Send a Private Message to Dough19Direct Link to This Post
My best so far has been 278mph in the Suzuki Escudo. More than 1700HP!!

BTW has anyone passed the last test for the super license? I've been trying forever with no luck.

PFF
System Bot
Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2002 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dough19:

BTW has anyone passed the last test for the super license? I've been trying forever with no luck.

Yea I have passed that one, wasn't easy, but the hardest one for me was the GT 40 at Seattle, that one was a pain to get. The Rally cars are great the Mitsu., to me is the best one.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2002 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
291mph in the Lotus Esprit... Muaahhh hahha!

i think its the best car! I like the Indy car but its too slow!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
Co-Founder Of ~ NEO Fiero Club (North East Ohio)
AOL IM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~ Purple, Fastback, Black and Yellow Interior, Planning 4G63 Turbo DSM swap for it!
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS ~ soon will be turboed

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2002 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ferrari Fan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dough19:
[b]

Yea I have passed that one, wasn't easy, but the hardest one for me was the GT 40 at Seattle, that one was a pain to get. The Rally cars are great the Mitsu., to me is the best one.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I thought the Miata lap was the hardest license to get, underpowered cars require the most precise driving.

My highest MPH so far is 303 with the Suzuki Escudo. So HA! Oh yeah, no cheats involved for that; last time I said that somebody felt obliged to tell me they got 900 mph.

Bryce
88 GT

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2002 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Does washing your car and changing your oil really do anything in this game or is it just something to waste your credits on?

------------------

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2002 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:
Does washing your car and changing your oil really do anything in this game or is it just something to waste your credits on?

Washing your car is just something to waste credits on; it just shows off how pretty your car is.

Changing the oil is required, pretty much. You lose horsepower if you don't change your oil. Once that stuff is good and brown, you can lose a healthy amount of horsepower. Just like in real life, it's one of the cheapest things you can do to your car, and you're foolish not to do it regularly.

Bryce
88 GT

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2002 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post
Here are some of the cars that I have in the game:
Corvette C5R
Xsara Rally Car
GT 40 Race Car
S2000 LM Race Car
Esprit Sport 350
RX-8
FTO LM Race Car
Zonda Race Car
RUF CTR2
Tommy Kaira ZZII
F686/M