Started on: 02-21-2002 03:35 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: GTFiero1 on 03-02-2002 08:18 PM
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1807077996

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I've seen the website that sells the KITT nose. They also sell the light and controller for the strobe. Can't remember the URL.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Gawd... That car is in SORRY shape. That nose is falling off, the paint is NASTY, and the dash looks in sad shape...

Too bad... It has potential. I guess this is the car with the GREAT personality...

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tigger:
I've seen the website that sells the KITT nose. They also sell the light and controller for the strobe. Can't remember the URL.

Marks Custom Kits

------------------

"The PRE10DR"

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
That K.I.T.T. is a piece if S.H.I.T.T.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
You're kidding,right?

------------------

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
well id take that KITT but id rather have a better one. there is also www.knighton-line.com
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
If you get ANY ass driving "night rider" around, please let me know. Dude....?
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
dude....what? KITT is awsome, id also take a KARR (KITT- Knight Industries Two Thousand KARR- Knight Automated Roaming Robot)
ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
I like the car, but if you see one that isn't in 100% good shape, your right. It is a pile. But, like before, it has great potential to bee better. But that one isn't worth the starting bid. I have seen the acual KIT used on the show at Universal Studios and it is really in good shape. Though they tried to pawn off a fake for awhile because they needed to repaint the original. If you could put a real computer in the dash, you would be set.
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:
dude....what? KITT is awsome, id also take a KARR (KITT- Knight Industries Two Thousand KARR- Knight Automated Roaming Robot)

Please tell me you're 13.

PFF
System Bot
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTFiero1:
[b]dude....what? KITT is awsome, id also take a KARR (KITT- Knight Industries Two Thousand KARR- Knight Automated Roaming Robot)

Please tell me you're 13.

[/B][/QUOTE]

What???? For a lot of us guys that grew up in the 80's Kitt was THE car. You would be suprised on how big the replica industry for this car is. I have loved it from the first time I saw it. It was the perfect blend of style and technology. When you are 7 years old and the car talks and looks that good??? How could you not love Kitt is the question????

DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
Some guy I know is getting his car converted to K.I.T.T. Not my type but whatever floats your boat.

------------------
AIM: DR650SE
2 Black 86 SE's V-6 4-SPD

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Starting bid is $13,000 ???

Other requirement to participate in the auction is that you can't have ever kissed a girl.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Only worth 13,000 if it came with the tricked up 2nd gen 'super fast' fenders, wings, spoilers that popped out, and the super-duper-stopper option for braking where all the body panels pop open.

Either that or the hot female tech that round around in the truck. Bonnie I think?

MMMmmmm..... Bonnie......

------------------
If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water pistol and squirt it into other peoples eyes.
edit-spelling

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 02-22-2002).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Tell me I have not just read people bashing KITT??? :WTF:

I grew up watching Knight Rider... I have a lot of episodes on tape. I even have the car that when you push the license plate it talks and came with a Michael Knight action figure. I've had it since I was a kid so it is a little beat up.

I would love to have a KITT Trans Am. Not necessarily that one however. It is rough. You can buy turnkey cars too, but last I saw they were over $40K! Thats a little much for an old Trans Am

------------------
John
AOLIM: Fformula88

1988 Fiero Formula
1985 Fiero SE 2M6
1997 Ford Probe SE (I gotta have a daily driver)

ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Only worth 13,000 if it came with the tricked up 2nd gen 'super fast' fenders, wings, spoilers that popped out, and the super-duper-stopper option for braking where all the body panels pop open.

Either that or the hot female tech that round around in the trunk. Bonnie I think?

MMMmmmm..... Bonnie......

Duh, where were you when the show was on. It's called Super Persuit Mode.

FieroJones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonesSend a Private Message to FieroJonesDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever see the movie that came out in the mid 90's i think? where the original KITT was deconstructed, and put in storage. And then Michael had to put KITT in an old truck for a while, and in the end he ended up in a Firebird Firehawk? Now THATS the KITT I want.

-Karl

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ejayerik:
Duh, where were you when the show was on. It's called Super Persuit Mode.

you sure it wasn't called Super-Duper-Stopper? I thought for sure that...

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
13k for THAT?! What has that guy been smokin? The outside is bad enough but ugh, that interior or video arcade really takes it.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
fire bird pecking order
the first year trans-ams with ram air and round ports
super duty 74 455 round port
and the RARE 71 HO round port it is the fastest bird by far and worth the most $$$
no 80's please they are slow and tacky!!!!
except v6-TURBO buick motor GX

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
fire bird pecking order
the first year trans-ams with ram air and round ports
super duty 74 455 round port
and the RARE 71 HO round port it is the fastest bird by far and worth the most $$$
no 80's please they are slow and tacky!!!!
except v6-TURBO buick motor GX

Not entirely accurate. For value, the '69 Trans Am Ram Air IV would be the most valuable. The 8 '69 TA convertibles are too rare to have a reliable price, and all had the D-port Ram Air III engine.

The 73-74 Super Duty (all SD455's had round port heads) would be next in line for value.

The 71-72 455HO (again, round port heads) are close behind the SD's. It's arguable which is fastest, but most likely it would be the RAM AIR IV. The SD has more potential, but in stock form is probably only slightly faster than the 455HO, mainly due to a slightly hotter cam.

The fastest TA in stock form was the '89 Turbo Trans Am.

Oh, and before you call , I had a '72 Trans Am some years ago. I've done the research. You're close, but the 71-72 455HO wasn't the fastest, as much as I would have like to have belived.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2002 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
i HAD A 72 HO 455 IN A 68 GOAT BUT IT WAS A D port motor with 2 bolt mains rated at 250 hp at about 8-1 compression
I thought 71 only and firebird only 455ho was both round port and hi-compression 10-1
I replaced the 72 block doto large hole prior owner made in it with a rod with a rare 71 4 bolt HO block but could not find HO heads to go on top SD heads were 8.3-1 with popups to pass smog but not near 71HO power 455SD was rated under 300hp and 71 HO made near 400hp but was down rated to fit NHRA class rules at the time
over 1000 SD made but only 100 or so 71 HO's
agree on converts but they are a different class of bird
as are ramair 5 301 true trans-am racers the true rare birds!!!!

------------------

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2002 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
new auto-week dated 3-4-02 has auction sale of real TV kitt one of 12 used titled to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS sold for 21,600 at barrett-jackson on 1-17-02
way more than I would pay

------------------

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2002 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see that auction but rayb is right, they actually had 12 identical cars that they used in the series.

That opening bid price is close to the selling price of the '82 Trans Ams when they were new.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2002 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Actually, www.markscustomkits.com has one of the orginal cars. Wanna know what it did? well first you plug it into an outlet and everything lights up and then..oh wait, thats it. everything was hard sodered to a copper bord. It did have a modified 350 in it. They are restoring it and putting all working parts in it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock