Movies this year by Logicdragon
Started on: 02-17-2002 04:29 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Ferrari Fan on 02-19-2002 08:29 AM
Logicdragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LogicdragonSend a Private Message to LogicdragonDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me, or is this a real good year for movies? Case in point, The last 4 movies I've seen, 3 were outstanding and 1 was real good.

Behind Enemy Lines - Outstanding. I'm in the navy and it really made me think if something like that happened to me, would I be able to remain calm and composed enough?

Mothman Prophecies - It was pretty good. It wasn't great, but i'll probably try to catch it again when it comes out in stores.

Lord of the Rings - Wow. I didn't even realize it was almost 3 hours long. Very captivating.

Black Hawk Down - One of the best movies i've ever seen. The scene were they were running back to base at the very end brought chills down my spine.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Concerning Lord of the Rings, I saw 16 movies in the theater last year, and of all of them, LOTR was the best. In fact, it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I think Tolkien would have been proud.

Take my advise those of you who haven't seen it yet. Do not wait until it hits DVD, see it on the big screen! I have seen it on VHS already (Advanced Oscar screening) and while still very cool, just not the same. Trust me.

------------------
- Flamberge

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I saw supertroopers last night, pretty damn funny if I must say so myself. I love it when people make fun of cops.

------------------

http://www.fieroX.com

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
Lord of the Rings is excellent but has no ending. The two protagonists walk up a
hill and say they have to cross the swamp to get to the castle and the credits roll. That's an ending? I've had English 101 and I expect an ending.

I will not see Blackhawk Down. I will not go to anything where we loose.

Mothman Prophecies - Won't see it. Gotta teach Richard Gere a lesson about his post 9-11 comments.

Gosford Park is excellent but only for the thoughtful. Its not a shoot'em up.

Logicdragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LogicdragonSend a Private Message to LogicdragonDirect Link to This Post
Lord of the Rings is going to be a trilogy. They have 2 more movies to come out with. Now tell me, does that ending leave you in suspense or what?

What did Richard Gere say about 9-11?

I think Black Hawk Down is a good movie not because we won OR lost, but because its true.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
LOTR was possibly one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my entire life. I don't know why everyone thinks it is great. Peter Jackson solely wants to make an epic like starwars, and go down in film history. That movie was long on purpose, for that reason.
Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post02-17-2002 03:10 PM   Send a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
LOTR was possibly one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my entire life. I don't know why everyone thinks it is great. Peter Jackson solely wants to make an epic like starwars, and go down in film history. That movie was long on purpose, for that reason.

and ppl really care what you think.

RoadRocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoadRocketSend a Private Message to RoadRocketDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

LOL!

Did you ever read LotR?

Peter Jackson was merciful to us. It could have been much much longer!

Probably one of the best book to movie translations I've ever seen.

------------------
Ed Dana
88 Coupe.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Galen: Remember that time you asked me to ignore you? I've done my best, and so has everyone else. So kindly **** off, you obnoxious little man.

Roadrocket: Nah man, doesn't appeal to me. The only reason I saw the movie was because my girlfriend wanted to.. I want my 3 hours back.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
its only getting better, IMHO i'm looking forward to the following:

Men in Black II
Austin Powers III
Star Wars II (thats coming out this year right?)

I believe there is another sequel coming out also....

------------------
84se Silver 2m4 - Daily Driver
86se Silver 2m6 - Current Project Restoration Almost done!
87GT Burgandy - Future Project!

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logicdragon:
Lord of the Rings is going to be a trilogy. They have 2 more movies to come out with. Now tell me, does that ending leave you in suspense or what?

What did Richard Gere say about 9-11?

I think Black Hawk Down is a good movie not because we won OR lost, but because its true.

Each episode of a trilogy should stand alone not be a single movie sawed into three.

TB is true but I don't clebrate it, so no Blackhawk Down.

Regarding Richard Gere here is an exerpt:
Actor Richard Gere was booed by a New York City audience Saturday night for opposing "revenge" against the terrorists as he advocated turning "that energy" into "compassion" and "love."

The booing, from the same Madison Square Garden audience of rescue and police personnel and their families which also booed Senator Hillary Clinton, took place during the "Concert for New York" fundraiser shown for nearly six hours on Saturday night by cable’s VH1 channel.

MRC analyst Patrick Gregory took down Gere’s poorly received remarks, which FNC’s Hannity & Colmes highlighted on Monday night.

Gere complained on stage to a chorus of rising boos: "The horrendous energy that we’re all feeling, and the possibility of turning it into more violence, and revenge, we can stop that. We can take that energy and turn it into something else. We can turn it into compassion, and to love, and to understanding."

Gere paused as the booing grew louder, then acknowledged: "That’s apparently unpopular right now, but that’s alright."

PFF
System Bot
Logicdragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LogicdragonSend a Private Message to LogicdragonDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I oppose revenge too. However, I DO advocate justice and self-preservation through action where Richard Gere seems to advocate sitting on your ass and "loving" everyone.

I didn't know he said that.

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
Now today I went to see "Brotherhood of the Wolf." It is in French with English subtitles. This is an excellent movie.

Let's see. . .Beast graphically kills women and children but not men. Native American Kung Fu expert confronts racism tracking horrible beast in 16th century France and dies confronting the brotherhood that protects it. Meanwhile his friend the main protagonist is poisoned to death by an agent of the pope who works in a whore house. ( She does not the pope ) ( and yes a good trip to the whore house after all it is a French movie) But haha fooled you she digs him up and gives him the antidote.

Great photography, great costumes, wonderful acting, lots mud muck, mire and sex. Special effects do not intrude into the story but enhance it.

If ya speak French or read fast this one is worth a look.

Indy-2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-2M4Click Here to visit Indy-2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Indy-2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'm still trying to figure out Vanilla Sky....WTF?

------------------
'84 Indy w/66K actual miles, second owner

Also: 84SE, 87GT and 88GT

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post
Movies are a very touchy subject for me. I am not really into all of that Hollywood trash, I go for the Independent Film maker. You know, the ones that have to work to make a movie and have a budget not an unlimited amount of money to spend. John Waters and David Lynch are my favorite directors.
The greatest Hollywood movie I think I have ever seen is The Lord of The Rings. Fantastic movie, have seen it 3 times already and are reading the books for the umtenth time!

[This message has been edited by Ferrari Fan (edited 02-19-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock