Started on: 02-17-2002 12:57 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Mach10 on 02-20-2002 06:54 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Got a pair of these guys (actually girls):

Called degus (pronounced day-goo). Really fun to watch, very curious animals. They like to 'talk' to each other too, with soft whistling noises and stuff. Really cool. Check out this page for more info: http://www.animalnetwork.com/critters/profiles/degus/default.asp

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
nice, how do they taste j/k, they look like bunnies

------------------

17 year old with a rally car, full roll cage, skid plates, light bars, scs suspension, koni adjusters

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
hehe, yeah they look like someone cross-bred a rabbit with a gerbil. And they are actually more closely related to rabbits then rodents, but different enough that they may be classified in a whole new order seperate from rodents and rabbits.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Whoooo! Big as* rats!!
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Next on the list some Ferrets?? And if you get sick of the mamals you can feed them to the snake! LOL
SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Standard:
Got a pair of these guys (actually girls):

Yer, hoping they are both girls. . .

REDHOTT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Direct Link to This Post
PEEE YEWWWWW!! I thought I could smell something!!

HMMMM... playing with gerbils are we? Well at least they're safer than light bulbs!! HeHe

------------------
'88 Formula V6 5 speed Getrag
(Mint condition, runs smooth, shifts crisp, red & shiny all over!)

[This message has been edited by REDHOTT88 (edited 02-17-2002).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jaei Sun:
Sweet! Next on the list some Ferrets?? And if you get sick of the mamals you can feed them to the snake! LOL

Always have wanted a ferret, but can't justify the time and money right now.

hehe, my cat's usually have a bit more interest in them than my snake. I try to keep her pretty well fed, and in a cage on the other side of the room

ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
hhhmmm...taisty. I'd say it taist more like a rat than a rabbit. Then again, I use so much BBQ sause that I can't really tell.
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
"You and me baby, we ain't nothin' but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Dis-co-ve-ry channel..."

hehe, yeah they look like someone cross-bred a rabbit with a gerbil. And they are actually more closely related to rabbits then rodents, but different enough that they may be classified in a whole new order seperate from rodents and rabbits.

FYI, rabbits are rodents.

They look like fun, Standard. Let us know if you end up with a litter.

------------------

TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 02-18-2002).]

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
i got a couple of Snapper Turtles...ok 4, two big ones and two small ones. fun to watch them rip a feeder fish apart

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Actually, rodents are classified under order rodentia, and rabbits are classified under order lagomorpha, I believe. The degus may be classified under a new order called caviomorph.

No litter's here, they are definatly both female. My brother's gerbils did just have 8 baby's, though.

Turtles would be a cool thing to have.. actually, at the pet store where I got these they have an African Mouse-eating Bullfrog. The thing is huge! I want it.

[This message has been edited by Standard (edited 02-18-2002).]

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
I have seen them before and was thinking of getting one they look awful cute but we do not have the \cages foir our animals anymore... oh well what did you name them?

------------------
AIM: Fierobaby87
http://angelfire.com/sports/sfiero

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post

Did someone say snapping turtle?

or ferret? Iguana?

I couldn't handle the zoo. I gave the ferret and Iguana away.

[This message has been edited by stsmithgt (edited 02-18-2002).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I really wanted an iquana before I got my boa, but after reading about them they seemed a bit tough to care for.

As for names... haven't thought of any yet.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Fastback and notchback?

Tina

Indy-2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-2M4Click Here to visit Indy-2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Indy-2M4Direct Link to This Post
Awwww, that is sooo cute! How big is it?

------------------
'84 Indy w/66K actual miles, second owner

Also: 84SE, 87GT and 88GT

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
You'd be amazed how much crap comes out of one of those iguanas. It was a real picky snobby pain in the butt. The ferret was cool, but I didn't have enough room for it to give it proper care unless I let it run around my place. That thing would run all over the place from the highest lamp to under the couch. ooops too big.....

[This message has been edited by stsmithgt (edited 02-19-2002).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Good idea Tina, but I don't think my g/f would approve. I kinda bought them for her as a valentines day present, since she wanted me to get a 'fuzzy' pet. So far I've just been calling 'em the little b@stards, since they like to chew on my fingers when I'm trying to give them treats.

Right now they're about 4 inches long, body only. They're supposed to get to about 6 inches long, plus a 6 inch tail.

Springtyme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2002 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post
We got a mean little fish, his name is Oscie. (he's an Oscar fish, nasty litttle b@st@rds!!! he almost bit my finger off once)

Most of you know about my old bunny who's now gone...

We are planning on getting a birdie that looks like this...

and at my dads house i have 3 kittys (well actually 2 since I gave one to my best friend) and a doggie =)

talk about a zoo!! I also used to live on a farm, had chickens and roosters and sheep and duck... etc =)

[This message has been edited by Springtyme (edited 02-20-2002).]

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2002 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
since easter is coming, I wonder if a couple of my folk's animals are going to enjoy it like they did last year.

a critter watching the humility in the pond.

[This message has been edited by stsmithgt (edited 02-20-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2002 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

I really wanted an iquana before I got my boa, but after reading about them they seemed a bit tough to care for.

As for names... haven't thought of any yet.

You want my Frank? Iguanas are cool pets. They THRIVE on neglect

Give 'em a steady supply of greens, some water, a heat rock and the occasional bath, and they'll ignore you happily for YEARS. Frank is near 10 years old. Not terribly big. Kind of like a slow-moving lettuce.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock