Started on: 05-27-2001 03:50 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: loafer87gt on 02-27-2002 10:50 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
You guys have to got to see the jewel we picked up from the wrecking yard. Shes about 4000 pounds, and her name is Merna. Last week a couple of my firends set out to find the UGLIEST card at the junkyard to bag until she blows for the weekend. Much to their joy, they found a lime green, fully loaded (air, tilt, cruise, powerseats, power everythig else)351 powered Merc COugar. With turbine rims to boot. So for $150, taxes in, they drove off the lot and took it back to they house to do some custom bodywork. After several cans of spraypaint, Merna looked meaner than ever. The top half is now-Audi TT metallic silver, the bottom still life green, the hood flat black with a big blazing skull, the doors bright red with ".08" (inside Canadian joke), the roof and sidewalls of the tires flourescent Orange, the rims bright gold, and the final touch, a pink butt painted on the trunk of the car with "kiss my A$$".

This thing is an absolute blast to tear around in, the 351 still has a lot of balls to it, and you can easily smoke Civics and the like. Not only that, but Merna excels at off roading. We managed to launch her off a five foot high, 45 degree incline at 40 kph and she didn't seem to suffer any apparent damage. We need to look at the plugwire however, as when we ripping through some farmers field last night flames started to pour out of the hood, several bottles of beer later, we had the fire out, but a couple of wires were toasted. Anyways, we have some pics of the car that I'll post. Next weeks plans include converting Merna to a targa top. Should look too sweet.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboDirect Link to This Post
sounds like your having fun but what is ".08"?
p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
That the conversion rate from .02 American?

------------------
-=-=-=[ p4n1c ]=-=-=-
1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme International
2.8L MPFI V6/TH440-T4 OD auto
"Ride the geriatric mobile.. err.. rocket"

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
The Canada legal alcohol limit. Anything over .08, and your without a license.
p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
I think that's depending on the class of license and the province. I still have to get my lazy ass in gear to get my full G license. I'm still with my G2, and it expires next year. I can't have any alcohol in my blood while driving. But I wouldn't want to either.

------------------
-=-=-=[ p4n1c ]=-=-=-
1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme International
2.8L MPFI V6/TH440-T4 OD auto
"Ride the geriatric mobile.. err.. rocket"

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2001 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
How about some pictures?
When you cut the roof off, weld the doors shut to stiffen the body up. that way it will last about a week longer before the 2 tons of unibody folds itself in half.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2002 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Just got a roll of film developed, and guess what pictures I found. Here Merna is in all her beauty. I took these pics after we had to park the car because we blew all of all spare tires and had to leave it parked in some guys yard. Sometimes I still wonder where she is now....

]

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 02-27-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock