Mercedes F400 Carving (!) by Jaei Sun
Started on: 02-09-2002 10:54 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Jaei Sun on 02-10-2002 05:19 PM
Jaei Sun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
Most notable are the dancing wheels. In something called "active camber control," the wheels themselves tilt inward up to 20 degrees, allowing the body to remain almost perfectly flat. The wheels ride on a tire patch optimized for the greatest amount of traction and adhesion. This process is aided by special tires jointly produced by DaimlerChrysler and Pirelli. The tires' asymmetrical treads also serve to decrease braking distances. Since the wheels absorb the lateral force, the body of the vehicle itself has up to 30 percent more lateral stability, allowing for a g-force of 1.28g. This all adds up to a car with superior cornering ability and stability, enhancing electronic stability control (ESP) to increase the handling limits of the car.

The brakes are composed of a lightweight carbon-fiber ceramic that can withstand temperatures of up to 1,600 degrees Celsius. Also showcased is the next generation of active body control (ABC), which currently utilizes individual springs to control body roll. The new active hydropneumatic (AHP) suspension controls both the suspension and damping to further eliminate lean.

DROOL!

[This message has been edited by Jaei Sun (edited 02-09-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
*gulp* WOW! Very interesting...not quite feasible, but interesting!

Bryce
88 GT

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2002 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Mercedes is making the new Batmobile!
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2002 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
That thing is SO ugly!!!

I WANT IT!

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2002 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Is the goofy looking hat mandatory?
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2002 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they gave the keys to a couple of guys from "SPROCKETS" LOL!

Now we Dance!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock