How to.... Photshop 5.5 Question by FieroMontreal
Started on: 02-09-2002 12:45 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Mark Matthews on 02-09-2002 02:58 PM
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Hiya
I just ran Photoshop 5.5 on My PC for the first time last night... can anyone give me any tips on how to use it.. I really don't know what to do with it.. It seems as though I get the same results by useing MS Paint.. heh.. how do you change the color of the car with the right shading .. and how do you add different wheels, body parts.. etc.. lol
Thanks

------------------
-Alex

1986 Fiero GT, STOCK Wingless,
President of FieroMontreal... www.fieromontreal.com
and Regional Director of CFOG-I for Eastern Canada. www.cfog-I.org

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mark Matthews

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
Well, what your asking for is more of something you'd find in a book, or in a class. Photoshop is way more than a MS Paint style program. That's why it's not free.... legally.

The things you're asking for are basically done using 'layers'. By default I the 'layer' layout should be on the right hand side, you can create up to 99 layers in a PSD file. Only PSD file can hold the layers, JPG etc will have to be 'flattened' to be saved.

For color, make a new layer and color on the car where you want the clore to show, on your 'layer' layout there's a pulldown menu with 'normal' as default, change it to different settings to see what happens. Also play with the 'opacity' slidder next to that pull down menu. Usually to change the color of a car it's atleast 3-4 layers, to ave it look right.

For putting different wheels on, find some pictures of ones you like and bring them into your car image. This will create a layer which you can alter to match your car. Like I said, it can't be taught over a forum board, but those should point you in the right direction. Do a Search for Photoshop Tutorials on Yahoo, I'm sure you'll find a bunch.

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock