Started on: 01-25-2002 02:50 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Raydar on 01-28-2002 05:44 PM
DR650SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
So heres what I did. Yes I AM obbsessed with this scanner but I was also really bored in Chemisty class today. Here is a copy of my notes. Not a very good one though. Anyone get this equilibriam stuff? You can't really read it though. And yes i know that my handwriting is really messy.

------------------
AIM: DR650SE
2 Black 86 SE's V-6 4-SPD

[This message has been edited by DR650SE (edited 01-25-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
That stuff may not look important to you now.
But you should take all the Chem and Bio that you can. Once you have done that you can go into the healthcare field. I am a pharmacist and there is a BIG shortage of pharmacists nationwide. As the population gets older the shortage will increase. The schools are limited in the amount of students they can put out. I can pick almost any city in the US hand have a job within a week. New graduates are getting $25,000 sign on bonus. Some places are even giving $5,000 a year in a retension bonus, just to keep you!! Salaries are up around $100,000 in some of the big cites!! (not anywhere near that where i live). I stay here for the so called "quality of life"!

So take all the Science that you can!!

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
I agree with RossT

Chemistry was my college major too (Philosophy/religion my minor). There is a great demand in the chem/bio field. You'll never hunt long for a job.

Though money shouldn't be a motivator. Life is short; do what you enjoy

------------------
4 Indy pace Cars
84 T-top. IRM car
86 GT Red
86 GT Yellow
86 GT Pearl White 3.4 T-top
88 Coupe Red
88 Coupe Black
88 Formula Black 5 speed
88 GT Black leather
88 GT Black lumbar
88 GT Black 3.4, 5 speed, T-top
88 GT Silver T-top 350 V8 project

However......
"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Nice picture!

I did that through out my drivers ed coarse (in class portion of coarse) it was boring!

ps my hand writing isnt much better! must be from all the wrenching!

------------------
[URL=http://www.angelfire.com/super/camaro0/) Link to my page click here [/url]

[This message has been edited by 4BanGinFun (edited 01-25-2002).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Good old chemical kinetics- hated that class
DR650SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
My major is mechanical engineering. I remember my last Chem teacher talking about that shortage and all that stuff. It sounded interesting. Off to study. Laterz
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Ross T is right. Plus, the job doesn't get boring because there are always new things coming out. Another plus, you go home clean and your body isn't all beat up.
Fierowrecker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2002 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowreckerClick Here to visit Fierowrecker's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierowreckerDirect Link to This Post
They kicked me out of chem...
I mixed iron oxide and Aluminum oxide, stuck a Magnisium strip in the mix and lit it up!!!
Never knew concrete could burn!!!
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2002 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
where did you get coloring pencils from??

i would try to weld on concrete, (with a mapp torch)and the concrete would pop and pieces of concrete would just start flying.

DR650SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2002 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
Had the pencils in my bag. Use them to make notes more clear. That way I can see differant steps. Rather then everything all in one color. It's confusing that way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2002 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierowrecker:
They kicked me out of chem...
I mixed iron oxide and Aluminum oxide, stuck a Magnisium strip in the mix and lit it up!!!
Never knew concrete could burn!!!

Tammy (my wife, the chem/physics instructor) said,

Well, yeah! It's called a Thermite reaction!

She said she's seen that same reaction burn through a thick-walled metal container and the glob of molten metal fall on the table. Well, onto an asbestos pad laying on the table.

We won't talk about what happens when you drop a chunk of sodium into a bucket of water.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-27-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2002 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
We won't talk about what happens when you drop a chunk of sodium into a bucket of water.

I had a physics teacher obsessed with doing that, every day. Eventually one day the ceiling tiles caught fire... Must be something they put in the Michigan water .

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero56:
I had a physics teacher obsessed with doing that, every day. Eventually one day the ceiling tiles caught fire... Must be something they put in the Michigan water .

I heard a story about a student teacher a few years back, who dropped a marble-sized (I think) rock of sodium into a bucket full of water. Her "mentor" teacher watched it happen kind of like in slow motion, as she was moving towards the student teacher, trying to stop her.
It sank straight to the bottom, and knocked all the water straight up, out of the bucket. Took out two ceiling tiles.
No names.

Also saw an "educational" video of someone throwing a five pound brick of sodium into a pond.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock