MR2 Spyder trunk by Thweny
Started on: 01-24-2002 12:19 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: pHoOl on 01-24-2002 05:19 PM
Thweny

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThwenyClick Here to visit Thweny's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThwenyDirect Link to This Post
Anyone spend much time with the new MR2? My mom wanted to get one till we went to look at the trunk. There is none. I thought I had it bad with a fiero. The new MR2 has a bay under the hood for the spare tire, if you take that out you might be able to fit a bowling ball bag. Does anyone know if the old MR2 had any space where the fiero does?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the 2nd generation MR2 (ask AusFiero about that as he owned/owns one) but the 1st generation had a decent sized (compared to the Fiero) trunk in the rear and a slightly larger-than-the-Fiero one in the front. I'm pretty sure the front trunk was finished off a little better than the Fiero, too.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
i looked at one last winter and was shocked by the lack of room to even put your breif case somewhere! i mean, if i'm buying a sporstcar, any car, especially my elise in 2003 it will have room for that little bit.

hoop

btw, nice to see you MM!

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's about the only reason I didn't get one. I couldn't believe it!

BYW, they're getting a sequential tranny this yeat too, but it's not been rated well by the mags, they all say it's better for stop-and-go traffic, but not for performance driving...it's like MoPar's auto-stick, I guess...slow and mushy.

Is it just me, or even when we do get a decent car, do they have to come with warts, standard?!

------------------

Project MR1 ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com
AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post01-24-2002 10:46 AM   Send a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
MM's a trader to the fiero world hehe .. he's a mr2 lover..

------------------
Ray - Fierosite.com - The Donut Man!

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I remember when the MR2 first came out, that they were planning on having a deep rear trunk similar to what we have in our Fiero's. However, the desire to have a low emissions vehicle one out and they filled the space with Catalytic Concerters instead. Your groceries will have to ride in the seat next to you!

------------------
John
AOLIM: Fformula88

1988 Fiero Formula
1985 Fiero SE 2M6

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post
2nd gen MR2s have nice trunks. Shallower than ours, but deeper. (And they don't leak! ) Plus, there is room behind the seats and storage bins behind the seats, too.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, double post.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 01-24-2002).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by btoth:
[B]Shallower than ours, but deeper. [B]

Are you talking about two different dimensions? Or is this an MR2 Paradox?

Cristian_Slater
No longer registered
Report this Post01-24-2002 12:49 PM   Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
yeah and how bout the 138hp?? , that is just horrible!

------------------
1986 Fiero SE .

New Paint Comming Soon!

No Rice!

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Is it just me, or even when we do get a decent car, do they have to come with warts, standard?!

Well don't ask me, I don't design them!

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

PFF
System Bot
Mr.Frosty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FrostySend a Private Message to Mr.FrostyDirect Link to This Post
I test drove one during the late Summer. I was surprised; it handled like it was on rails and it is VERY light so the power is put to good use. About the storage, there is a compartment behind the rear seats where you can store two medium dufflebags. I like it and if I could afford a third car and another payment, then I'd get one. It's as fast or faster than a stock Fiero GT.
P.S. the VVT-i engine revs forever.

------------------
85 GT Turbo intercooled

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:
Are you talking about two different dimensions? Or is this an MR2 Paradox?

Haha. Yes, I meant to say "wider"... as in back to front.

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2002 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
The new MR2 spyders have a trunk behind the seats... it's actually pretty decent size, i thought i remembered. i thought they had one in back to, or maybe the front... i don't remember. I took one for a ride a lil while ago at the dealer on Grand River and Drake... it was pretty fun.

------------------
Kills:
97 Neon R/T

AIM: phool88fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock