Started on: 01-20-2002 02:08 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Master_Sushi on 01-21-2002 02:58 PM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
This could be a 2003 Model, date not offically set.

Also a peak at the 2003 Vipers.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It's about time. Weren't they supposed to have done it already?

------------------

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
That truck they had down at the NAIAS was my second favorite vehicle there behind the GT-40. Did you see the wheels on that thing? 24 inchers!!! It sure was purdy...

Hartz

Fierowrecker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowreckerClick Here to visit Fierowrecker's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierowreckerDirect Link to This Post
What is it about these new "trucks"?
I want a truck I can plow into the woods and knock down trees, scrape against rocks and roll over without worrying about the sheetmetal...

My wife took down a 30 foot pine with the front end, I just replaced the crumpled parts...
crash...
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they've been teasing us with these R/T trucks (the original Ram R/T was a Viper-powered prototype). They have a PT-nosed one making the rounds as well.

I say build it. Make the Copperhead FIRST, but build the truck already.

------------------

Project MR1 ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com
AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
actually the viper engine is a truck engine. dodge decided to use their V-10 truck engine in the viper whe it was being developed, the main difference is they decided to make the viper engine aluminum instead of the heavy iron

------------------
Adam J. B.

you gotta keep on keepin on...
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

FieroKyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroKyleSend a Private Message to FieroKyleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierowrecker:
What is it about these new "trucks"?
I want a truck I can plow into the woods and knock down trees, scrape against rocks and roll over without worrying about the sheetmetal...

My wife took down a 30 foot pine with the front end, I just replaced the crumpled parts...
crash...

Damn right. Ya know, after getting a beater car and driving that all winter. I think I almost like that better than the Fiero. Don't have to worry about prepping it, take it anywhere ya want. Hit things with it. Not caring about it. Just keep it running good. I wanna car that I can simulate the dukes of hazards! lol. But then again, the beater cars don't pick up chicks. You can't go cruising in a beater car. Can't really be a part of this forum with a beater car. Oh well. lol

I like the truck. Thought the rams looked sorta f-ugly but I like that. I like the Viper except the back end. I'll stick to the Z-06 though thank you very much. If I want a peppy truck, I'll build one! Thats half the fun of owning a rocket truck.

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
And now we've come full circle! (The Viper's engine *is* a truck motor, just cast in aluminum instead of iron, and with a bump in compression/cam/timing.

Cool that those mods are making it into a truck I suppose. Though they should be in the SSR ;S)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:
actually the viper engine is a truck engine. dodge decided to use their V-10 truck engine in the viper whe it was being developed, the main difference is they decided to make the viper engine aluminum instead of the heavy iron

I always heard it was a 2X model of the Lamborghini V10, but w/out the DOHC...

Could never confirm it though...

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
The V10 used in the Viper was developed off their existing Truck V10. However, significant changes in materials were used as well as internal/external components before it met the Viper Teams approval for production. I worked along side these guys at their Detroit Engineering Operations when they developed it.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Anyone wanna guess the price of this truck? 50,000?

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 3.4
LoW Key's Red Bullet

PFF
System Bot
Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroKyle:
I think I almost like that better than the Fiero. Don't have to worry about prepping it, take it anywhere ya want. Hit things with it. Not caring about it. Just keep it running good. I wanna car that I can simulate the dukes of hazards! lol. But then again, the beater cars don't pick up chicks. You can't go cruising in a beater car. Can't really be a part of this forum with a beater car. Oh well. lol

AHHHH! But this is where your wrong. I have the best of both! A beater fiero! I was reading through your post laughing at how true it is. With a beater fiero you don't have to worry about body rust. Rust is a dead give away on most beater cars. I can sometime trick people into thinking I have an "ok" car . My beater is shown in sig.

------------------
Dirty 84SE Winter Beater

[This message has been edited by Master_Sushi (edited 01-21-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock