Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Can someone tell me if this guy dying is real ? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Can someone tell me if this guy dying is real ? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 01-19-2002 07:24 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Mr.Frosty on 01-22-2002 02:10 PM
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I'm a good shot, too.
IP: Logged
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
CIA has tons of snipers already.. overall, the CIA isn't exactly on my list of "people to trust".. not cause of the snipers, just in general.

I don't know if you want to be saying that.. you never know where they might be...

------------------
-Alex

1986 Fiero GT, STOCK Wingless,
President of FieroMontreal... www.fieromontreal.com
and Regional Director of CFOG-I for Eastern Canada. www.cfog-I.org

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Anyways, there is a huge difference between killing someone, and watching some get killed. Could i kill someone? Who knows, never done it. Probably not. Can I watch something that happened years and years ago. Yes.
mblackwell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mblackwellSend a Private Message to mblackwellDirect Link to This Post

Faces of Death: Possibly the most famous of all films pointed to as "snuff" is the Faces Of Death series, a sequence of six videos made up of footage of accidents, suicides, autopsies, and executions, liberally peppered with outright fakes scenes. Most of the actual death scenes shown in these films are of the post-death variety. The multiple camera angles give away the acted-out nature of many of the most compelling scenes.
http://www.snopes.com/movies/other/snuff.htm
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
how do they figure more than one camera being present = faked scenes?!

if one person was present when something happened, why cant two or more people be there with cameras?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I've seen some "Faces of Death" type vids. And, actually, I'm quite glad it disturbed me as much as it did. Think how bad it would be if you WEREN'T disturbed by watching someone die.

I've also seen some forensic type photos. They usually don't bother me, especially if it's in B&W. The still picture doesn't seem as "real" I guess. One good one was a guy who committed suicide by shooting himself in the face with a .357 Magnum. I'm not going into detail, but it struck me as odd because it didn't look real. I know it was real, but the subject had enough damage to not look like it was ever a living person. So that was no big deal.

A friend of mine is studying to be a mortician. She's been doing embalmings for a while now. She said it never bothered her at all until she got an infant. 6 month old baby died of a medical condition, so there was no outward appearance of abnormality. That tore her up. It also got the rest of the staff. Be hopeful you never get so thick a skin as to not be bothered by such tragedies.

Mr.Frosty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FrostySend a Private Message to Mr.FrostyDirect Link to This Post
I know some of those FOD scenes are fake. A long time ago some friends and I rented one of those and a lot of the scenes were post-mortem. There were a few that were obviously staged. Ex: Some high school kids decide they want to bungie jump off of a 3 story roof with a plain ole rope that is 10 feet too long. The camera below watches as a department store mannequin dressed up flies over the edge and crashes into some shrubs. They start over to the body, but it cuts away before you see anything......FAKE. Some of the clips are of real executions and file footage, but alot of it is obviously made up.

------------------
85 GT Turbo intercooled

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock