Laker fans Shaquille O'Neal figth by jlruiz67
Started on: 01-13-2002 05:34 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: BlackStang95 on 01-14-2002 01:25 PM
jlruiz67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone know where I can find a video on the web of the fight? Check out the story:

Shaq throws two punches at Miller; four players ejected

January 12, 2002

CHICAGO (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal, infuriated by a hard foul, threw two roundhouse punches at Chicago center Brad Miller late in the fourth quarter of the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Bulls on Saturday night.

O'Neal faces an automatic one-game suspension for throwing a punch, and the penalty will likely be longer given the amount of rage O'Neal vented.

With the Lakers leading 87-84 with 2:44 left, O'Neal was clobbered by Charles Oakley and Miller as he received the ball in the low post. O'Neal immediately turned and went after Miller, throwing a roundhouse right that missed and a second that connected as Miller had his back turned.

O'Neal jumped on Miller in a huge pileup along the baseline, with Oakley trying to pry O'Neal off. Miller emerged from the pile shirtless, smiled a bit and walked off.

O'Neal stayed on the court for a few minutes before being led off along with Oakley.

Rick Fox received two technicals for arguing with the referees while they were trying to sort things out.

Miller received a flagrant foul category 2, which carries an automatic ejection, and O'Neal was charged with a punching foul. O'Neal picked up a technical foul earlier in the game for whacking Miller across the head with his forearm.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackStang95

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2002 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackStang95Send a Private Message to BlackStang95Direct Link to This Post
Bout time the other players started standing up to that big fool. He gets away with murder, and has less basketball skill than my little sister.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
who?
jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackStang95:
Bout time the other players started standing up to that big fool. He gets away with murder, and has less basketball skill than my little sister.

You have to be kidding. Shaq's the greatest center of all times, I guess objectivity went out the door here. When you see Shaq get under the basket, is like the WWF, just because the size of the man doesn't mean you can beet the s**t out of him, he has shown great restrain in the past and I guess it was coming. He should be suspended but I hope there is some change when it comes to flagrant fouls.

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Well, to be honest, I can't stand Shaq. But his game has improved tremendousley over the years. My hatred first started when he was shooting 48% from the free throw line. But he has improved that (Although not by alot) and he has also worked on many other aspects of his game. And his skill combined with his size makes him just about unstoppable.

So, if you can't stop him, the next best thing is to foul him when he gets the ball, hence the "hack-a-Shaq" philosophy.

Now I know if I was getting fouled everytime I got the ball, it wouldn't take me too long to get frustrated. And he just does not get fouled lighty, players foul him hard. And Shaq has had to face this night in and night out for over two seasons now.

I'm suprised this type of an outburst hasn't happened sooner!! I think Shaq has had alot of patience with this type of thing. But, his actions were still wrong, and he deserves at least a suspension of a few games because the punches that threw could did some serious damage if they connected.

But I think that something needs to be done about this, although I really don't know what you can do. Until shaq starts hitting 90% of his free throws, it is still a better move to put him on the free throw line, because there just isn't anyone who can stop a man with that size and agility.

Which is why I hate him so much, because he is just so unstoppable, it's not even fun watching him play. Actually, the NBA in general isn't fun to watch anymore, but that's just my opinion. I miss the Run and Gun days of the 80's and early 90's.

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Trying to get Shaq fouled out has been a stategy starting with his early days at LSU. That's why Dale Brown recommended that he go ahead and go pro. I'm surprised he has held it together this long. I've never liked him much either, but ya gotta give him credit, he is good.
Logicdragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2002 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LogicdragonSend a Private Message to LogicdragonDirect Link to This Post
Actually from what I understand, the "hack a shaq" strategy was invented by Don Nelson, coach of the Dallas Mavericks, about 3 or 4 years ago. I agree with AkursedX about Shaq being boring to watch. Although the fast break, run and gun offenses are still alive and well. The Sacremento Kings do it night in and night out and have one of the highest scoring offenses in the league.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2002 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
i dont watch basketball because its not a sport like car racing, uh anyway...

i saw the news footage clip, and i guess i saw the 2nd punch. (the quote above says two punches). The punch looked like it didn't hit the bulls player at all. The bulls player was going into the chairs and neil aims at his head, seems though he missed.

"thats all i have to say bout that" forrest gump

BlackStang95

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2002 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackStang95Send a Private Message to BlackStang95Direct Link to This Post
Shaq charges and rams everyone around him...I remmeber last year in the finals he threw 3 elbows to the face in one game. WTF? Not to mention he can bunny hop for 6 feet without being called for travelling. He plays the whole game based on his size. I hope they suspend him forever.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock