Survival Africa the winner by jlruiz67
Started on: 01-11-2002 02:21 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Mach10 on 01-13-2002 03:14 PM
jlruiz67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
Survival Africa the winner
Hey guy's I don't know how many of you are fans but I just have to say that this was a great show for me and a great end. Can't wait 'till the next season. Your thoughts...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Ya know what sucked??? It appeared that they were still in Africa at the end. After they announced the winner they turned the stage lights on.. They tricked ya by showing them walking through Africa on the way to tribal council....

I really didn't watch this one to much... but I did catch a few episodes..

------------------

Goto Website ~ Click Here

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah - this one was awesome... I really wanted this one to win, but I never thought they had a chance in Hell. I am *very* happy to have been proved wrong.

And I sorta figured that they'd be unveiling the winner in Hollywood again, but when they didn't do something like the tacky helecopter thing from the end of last season, I was pretty fooled... they did *everything* just right to get the *perfect* visual segue from then to now. That was very cool... the only difference I noted was that all of a sudden, during Tribal Council, the split in Teresa's sarong had moved, because just before they tallied the votes, she was showing some leg whereas before, her sarong was turned in such a way that it wouldn't have been able to fall open just that way.

(Yeah, I'd been watching Teresa pretty closely. <grin> And man, Kelly was HOT once she went on the jury, whereas before, she looked like she had a great big huge lightbulb head, but seeing the real her throughout the final show was a *big* turnoff. What a b*tch... goofy as Hell, too (and not in a good way). Yuck.)

Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post

OK...I'll be the wet blanket.

The first survivor I don't think I missed an eppisode. Got into watching it and rooting and booing and hissing and all that.

Now in retrospect....I put this and most other "REALITY" TV shows on the same plane as the WWF.

It is the networks way of providing low budget programming because they participants are not "actors" they are not paid on any kind of union scale.

The second thing is that as these types of shows continue they are more and more filled with people who want to be "actor"/"entertainers" and move farther away from "reality" in the personal sense let alone the fact that it is cut and edited in ways that make the spin doctors of Washington look like little league hacks.

Sorry....you did ask what I thought (eventhough I don't do it often this is it)

All that aside....I would have rather watched that last night instead of FRIENDS which was my wife's choice.

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
So, have any of the participants of Survivor gone on to be big stars or close to it? I know that Colby Donaldson guy (I think that's hs name) is doing car commercials here locally.
Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post
If you don't see them now..I am sure you will see them later.

In some ways these shows are a lot like some early game shows.

Arnold S, Cuba Jr., and to many too list went on games like dating game and 10k pyramid etc.

In there defence though I will add.....unless you are related to someone in the business it is probably one of the few ways to get into it.

Thats why Hollywood is SO LIBERAL...it's all the inbreeding.

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2002 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Show is ok, I watched about 5-10 minutes of it last night and about the same amount in the last episode of the first series because it was after the superbowl or something.

It sounds like in the next series the group will actually have to try to survive on their own which was what I thought the "reality show" was supposed to be. Might turn out to be better and more interesting for me so I might follow the next season closer. The way they do the show now has about same amount of "reality" IMO as watching a soap.

jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
I thought it was the best outcome yet, the right people lasted to the last 2 survivals, and the best won. Regarding the switch of location in the end I really got taken and it was done in a great way. The next one should be interesting.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2002 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
"Reality" TV makes my bile rise.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to:
"Survival, Urban Jungle series: South Central"

Immunity challenges include:
1)Who Can Sell The Most Crack In 10 Minutes Without Being Busted
2)[]D [] []v[] []D [] []\[]'' Contest
3)Slum wars
4)Who Can Rent Out The Most Lethal Fire Trap And Make A Profit Evicting Low-Income Tennants?
5)Who Will Sink To The Most Depraved Low In Order To Get Their Heroin?

I'd pay money to watch THAT one

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock