Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anybody have one of these, or know where do get one..?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anybody have one of these, or know where do get one..? by Sootah
Started on: 01-06-2002 12:11 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Sootah on 01-09-2002 12:38 AM
Sootah

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
I've got a Compaq keyboard that has a split spacebar. ½ of it is the normal spacebar, and the other ½ is a backspace key. I have no idea where to get another one (for my mother) as I have never seen another keyboard like it.

Here's all of the writing that I could find on the bottom of the keyboard:

Domestic 237743-301
Replace with Compaq spare part #:237835-301
S/N*:B03C80A39DP09018
FCC ID: AQ6-MTN41Z15DIP

Just for visual reference:
|-------------------------|
| Backspace | | Spacebar |
|-------------------------|

Odd, eh?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2002 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
try ebay yet?
Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Can't say that I have, wouldn't even know what to search for...

Anyhow; Bump1

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
I deal with a lot of Compaq/DEC equipment and the easiest way to find out the info on them is to go to www.lycos.com (or any search engine) and type in the Compaq spare parts #, in this case 237835-301, and it will tell you the info on where to get replacements, and whatever other info you might need on it. Hope this helps!

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT
Black 86GT 5sp x 2
86SC t-top 58k miles
84 Indy
87 4-seater

thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post
It's an old Presario keyboard - I have one. Problem is, that item is so old that eBay will be the most likely option. The only spares the big computer companies stock is for high-end stuff, and then only for a year or two after the item is retired.

I'd sell you mine for $25 including shipping but why on earth would you want it? I'll admit the split spacebar is a bit unique (annoys me actually) but you can get a generic keyboard at the big box stores for <$10.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Sootah, Thomas_l, which presario is that keyboard from?
edited for 4 spelling errors-too dang early!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-06-2002).]

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Shoot, the keyboard isn't for me. I hate the split spacebar myself. Its my mother that likes it, and she wants one for her at work. I work at a computer store so I can get a normal keyboard for damn near free.

thomas_l: Is your's in good condition? I'll prolly buy it off ya if it works well (Perfectly, really, she's a secritary). Mother would be quite tickled.

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

AOL IM: KSSouter
MSN IM: I_R_Sootah@hotmail.com

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2002 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post
send me an email tomorrow and i will email you back the price fierostetz@home.com
if i can't get it, good luck!
thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2002 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Sootah, Thomas_l, which presario is that keyboard from?
edited for 4 spelling errors-too dang early!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-06-2002).]

I think it's a 4160 but I can't confirm because it's at home. That would be a P-150 desktop with a 6.4G Bigfoot hard drive. If memory serves, I think it was purchased new in early '96.

thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2002 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

thomas_l

1197 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Sootah:
thomas_l: Is your's in good condition? I'll prolly buy it off ya if it works well (Perfectly, really, she's a secritary). Mother would be quite tickled.

Sure - send me a PM here if you decide you want it and we can work out the details.

(oops) The keyboard is in excellent condition but maybe a little dusty from sitting around. I'll clean it up before shipping if you want it.

[This message has been edited by thomas_l (edited 01-07-2002).]

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2002 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Sold. Just mail me the details. E-mail is in my profile. As well as my sig.

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

AOL IM: KSSouter
MSN IM: I_R_Sootah@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2002 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, they are still available. I looked up one of the spare part numbers in our online warehouse and found one. It has to be ordered, will take about 3 weeks to get here and has an MSRP of $85.00. Of course, that's a corporate price, so you may be able to find it substantially cheaper elsewhere. Try Compaq's website, www.Compaq.com , you may be able to buy directly from them.
Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2002 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Eh, I think I'll just get the used one from thomas_l, not nearly as much $. Thanx though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock