Started on: 12-31-2001 06:46 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Lady Pegasus on 12-31-2001 03:47 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Well I just needed a can of spray paint. Stand in a line to give these things one more chance since the ones with clerks had over 25 people each. Finally get to the machine and after running it by scanner a few times, finally beeps that its recognized it.....wow. Ok, so maybe it does work. Now the screen flashes me to show my ID. WTF? Im not going to get my Drivers licence out of my wallet and show it to pay cash for a $3 can of paint. Left it on the scanner and walked out the door. From now on when I go in any store, Im looking to see if the clerks line is full before I even go to find anything. If they are, Im out the door.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2001 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Uh, who exactly where you supposed to show id to?

BTW, the reason it probably asked for your id is because in most states it is illegal to sell spraypaint, fat markers, ets. to minors. You know, to keep the graffitti off the side of your business. How's that working?

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 12-31-2001).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
no gaffitti here. If they did, id have em on video tape anyway, and in front of it would be a big blood stain, hehe.

I guess i was supposed to run it thru card scanner or something which any kid could also do with someone elses ID. So kinda useless idea unless its a photo ID and looks thru a camera to compare your face to. And Im not about to do it for a $3 purchase.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, here, you have to show your ID to a customer service rep. So much for the self-service checkout saving man-power. The last time I used one they had the manager and another employee there to help people operate the self-service checkout. The same 2 people could have checked everyone out in half the time. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
God help us when they install those here in Florida. I can see the headlines now:

"75 people starve to death in the Golden Age 55+ Retirement community after Winn Dixie, Publix, and Wal-mart install self check out lines." Film at 11.

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
you know never use the ones at Tops they are EVIL! they yell at you and never work but the ones at K-mart are way fun! :-) they work and they have this cool video camera!
REDHOTT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Direct Link to This Post
I can't believe what this country is coming to...... how pathetic.

Luckily here in Maine, and New England in general, (except the communist state of Mass.) you are still trusted to buy whatever you want without ID. (Except Liquor!)

Boy, when I was kid, this was a FREE country! 

------------------

1988 Formula 2.8L V6 5 speed Getrag
(Runs smooth, shifts crisp, goes fast, red and shiny all over!)

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Uh guys, actually the i.d. is to show that you are over 18 and not because of graffiti. Kids were huffing the spray paint and killing themselves. So that is why you have to show i.d. Now Roger, I forgot what state you live in, but do you have a liscense with a bar code on it? Sometimes you can scan that. Otherwise there is usually a checker standing there. And sometimes you just hit a button on the d\mn thing...but if you don`t want to use them, I don`t blame you. FIGHT THE POWER!! D\MN THE MAN!! By the way, that symbol is japanese. I don`t know what it tands for, but it`s still pretty cool. My friend is dating a Japanese guy and I am using his comp. Pretty spiffy if you ask me!!

------------------
Hey pretty....don't you wanna take a ride with me...through my world?

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Lady Pegasus

1416 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Darn. Symbol didn`t showup. Fugged about it.

------------------
Hey pretty....don't you wanna take a ride with me...through my world?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock