Started on: 12-16-2001 01:03 AM
Replies: 37
Last post by: BAM-BAM on 01-01-2002 03:26 AM
Sootah

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Allright, now I don't expect anything from this (well, other than some of the more hot-headed members of this forum makeing fun of me) but I need either a co-signer or a loan. My 85 GT (see sig) tossed a rod and I can no longer use the car I have been borrowing up until now. This wouldn't be a big deal as I could ride a bike or something if it were not for the fact that I live 14 miles out of town. Now you see the rather desperate situation I am in.

I'm 19, working 2 jobs, and have no real expenses (Living w/ parents. Yes, it is sad). They would sign with me but they are rather strapped at the moment as they just got this house. My father is an ass; after coming to live with my mother he has essentially disowned me so he won't help. I have also asked my uncle but he is on my fathers side of the family and my dad has a rather large mouth. Banks will not touch me because I have no previous credit history (19).

For a co-signer I'd give $100, or for a loan straight from you I'd use the title to the car as collateral and be willing to pay some higher interest. The title would actually be decent collateral seeing as soon as I have the funds there will be an engine going into the car.

E-Mail me for contact info if you want to speak directly to me. PM if you'd like but I don't check that all that often (don't ever remember to).

*Dons abspestos suit*

Thank you,
-Sootah

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

AOL IM: KSSouter
MSN IM: I_R_Sootah@hotmail.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
72vinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 72vinmanClick Here to Email 72vinmanSend a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
It's christmas and my wife spent all the money. Sorry.
Best of luck to you.

------------------

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sootah:
Allright, now I don't expect anything from this (well, other than some of the more hot-headed members of this forum makeing fun of me) but I need either a co-signer or a loan. My 85 GT (see sig) tossed a rod and I can no longer use the car I have been borrowing up until now. This wouldn't be a big deal as I could ride a bike or something if it were not for the fact that I live 14 miles out of town. Now you see the rather desperate situation I am in.

I'm 19, working 2 jobs, and have no real expenses (Living w/ parents. Yes, it is sad). They would sign with me but they are rather strapped at the moment as they just got this house. My father is an ass; after coming to live with my mother he has essentially disowned me so he won't help. I have also asked my uncle but he is on my fathers side of the family and my dad has a rather large mouth. Banks will not touch me because I have no previous credit history (19).

For a co-signer I'd give $100, or for a loan straight from you I'd use the title to the car as collateral and be willing to pay some higher interest. The title would actually be decent collateral seeing as soon as I have the funds there will be an engine going into the car.

E-Mail me for contact info if you want to speak directly to me. PM if you'd like but I don't check that all that often (don't ever remember to).

*Dons abspestos suit*

Thank you,
[b]-Sootah

[/B]

Too bad this didnt happen 5 months ago, at that time we had literally thrown away 2 complete 2.8's, one with 80,000 miles, and the other with 60,000 from cars that were recipients of 3.4's. If I still had these I would take the best of both and make one strong motor for you, ship it up to you, and say Merry Christmas.

We currently do not have any engine conversions lined up, however if we do come across a decent short block we will not hesitate to ship it to you - we will keep you posted.....

------------------
Technician, West Coast Fiero
www.cwestco.com
310-305-4111

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2001 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageClick Here to Email fierospeederSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
do you have a girlfriend, or a close friend/cousin that can cosign.

I had to get a loan for my g/f and i would get it but i needed a cosigner, and she had to sign it. I have no real credit history except 2 cc i had for a year. I didn't need the loan cause my g/f moved but i can always get the loan if i needed it.

Talk to the loaner, and see if you can get a loan for 2000. Tell him your situation, you got two jobs, pay check stubs, your friend is willing to help you out. etc..

I would check a local bank out, or a bank which your mom got the loan for the house.

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I have a 2.8 sitting around that MIGHT run. It was given to me and I have no clue if it runs, but I was told it does. I need to get a few parts from it and maybe you can have the rest. I have no idea when I will get around to doing this. I'll try to get over there tomorrow and pull the stuff I want(timing cover, oil pan, and other minor things) and you can have the block. I could deliver it in my truck if needed.

Merry Xmas.

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Hold on a sec...lemme see if I got any change
<digging around in pockets, pulls out 1 dime, 3 pennies, and an old grocery list>
Here ya go, bud.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
14 miles isnt that bad on a bike!

I saw mopeds for sale in one of thos fingerhut magazines that my mom gets. That would be pimp, and they are only a couple hundred bucks.

if you dont mind horrible interest rates then you could get a credit card and buy a cheap car on it.

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 392
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
ordovician

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ordovicianClick Here to Email ordovicianSend a Private Message to ordovicianDirect Link to This Post
dude. there are tons of banks that are looking for you. yeah, they will get a higher interest rate, but hey, fu*k it. just look around on the web for "no credit car loans" you will be swamped with banks
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
Too bad this didnt happen 5 months ago, at that time we had literally thrown away 2 complete 2.8's, one with 80,000 miles, and the other with 60,000 from cars that were recipients of 3.4's.

O..k...and my question would be....why?

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
[b] Too bad this didnt happen 5 months ago, at that time we had literally thrown away 2 complete 2.8's, one with 80,000 miles, and the other with 60,000 from cars that were recipients of 3.4's.

O..k...and my question would be....why?

[/B][/QUOTE]

If we were to keep every engine from every car we do a conversion to, we would have a large portion of the shop that would be storage for used engines, similar to Mr. Archibald's shop. We do not have the room, time, and over head to store used engines with a minimal lifespan. However if there is a need for these engines is there a person here I can contact to make aware that we have an engine or engines that could use a home. I have an updated list of all drivetrain parts we currently have at all times, perhaps this would benifit someone.

So to some it up, we just throw the 2.8's straight into the big blue dumpster in trade for a 3800, 3.4 TDC, 3.4 PR, 4.1,4.5,4.6 NS, 4.9 and soon to be 302,305,327, and 350 series engines

------------------

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
www.cwestco.com
310-305-4111

PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Ok, not trying to be an ass or anything, so dont get me wrong. But 80,000 and 60,000 Fiero 2.8's are actually pretty low milage engines. These things dont exactly grow on trees. Call Ed Parks @ the Fiero Factory. Im sure he'd be interested. I see Ed roughly once a week (I usually drive down there on Thursdays). Matter of fact I just bought an 80k mile 2.8 from him to put in an 87 GT I have w/no engine. You may be able to make some $$ from those engines you throw away.
West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2001 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:
Ok, not trying to be an ass or anything, so dont get me wrong. But 80,000 and 60,000 Fiero 2.8's are actually pretty low milage engines. These things dont exactly grow on trees. Call Ed Parks @ the Fiero Factory. Im sure he'd be interested. I see Ed roughly once a week (I usually drive down there on Thursdays). Matter of fact I just bought an 80k mile 2.8 from him to put in an 87 GT I have w/no engine. You may be able to make some $$ from those engines you throw away.

This may be a viable solution, as our customers want nothing to do with the engines we remove which had left us with no other choice.

------------------

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
www.cwestco.com
310-305-4111

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
You guys kick ass. I'd still need $ to put the engine in, since I have the whole 2 jobs thing and don't have the time to do it myself. Although I could scrounge up the $ to get her slapped in reasonable quickly. Keep me posted guys.

PEACE -Sootah

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
ACTUALLY

call and get quotes for shipment of your car to WCF. I'll take care of it - I have been in that exact same position before and somebody helped me out HARDCORE, it's time for me to return the favor, kind of keep the circle going. But this can only be done if I happen to have a spare motor lying around. I know that next month we have a 3800SC lined up for an 88GT and i'm sure that Mr. Whitemorre will not want to keep the engine, the only thing that would be neccessary is an 88 flywheel or flexplate which I'm sure I have lying around.

so to some it up....

• I have every misc. part neccassary to install the engine, except for the engine

• it is essentially no effort for engine R&R as we do have all the proper equipment that will allow me to finish in a weekend

• it would be great P.R. for WCF.

------------------

Eric Nelson
    Technician,
    West Coast Fiero
    www.cwestco.com
    310-305-4111

• IP: Logged
    Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
    Checking on shipping prices right now.

Thank you ever so much.

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

AOL IM: KSSouter
    MSN IM: I_R_Sootah@hotmail.com

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
    What city with an airport is closest to you? I can get a ticket from Las Vegas to LA for $88. So when the car was done I could come thank you personally.
    West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
    we are about 10 MINUTES from LAX, located just North of the main runway. Look up our address on Yahoo Maps and you can get a general idea of where it is

------------------

Eric Nelson
    Technician,
    West Coast Fiero
    www.cwestco.com
    310-305-4111

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
    Eric, that has to be one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen someone on here offer to do! I salute you!
    Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekClick Here to Email VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
    Indeed, very impressive Westcoast.

------------------

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
    too bad my truck isnt running, I would take advantage of the situation by coming out there with a trailer, picking up your car, and do recon on the area to host a Western Regional - I believe Neveda is high on the list right now of places to have the event, such as Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and Reno

.....but on a side note, I made a few calls around here to locate an engine and no luck, perhaps I can get George at the Fiero Shop in Richmond to step up to the plate and help me with this " Fiero Owner's Christmas " by supplying an engine - come on George take a dare (HINT,HINT)

------------------

Eric Nelson
    Technician,
    West Coast Fiero
    www.cwestco.com
    310-305-4111

PFF
    System Bot
    Formula

Feedback score: (2)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
    someones in the christmas spirit!!!

good job wcf!

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
    Well...since the Christmas cheer is going around in here with WCF, how about I ship you out my 86GT for a conversion as well? hehehe

------------------

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2001 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsClick Here to Email Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
    Well, I'm in Vegas, when I was looking for a new Fiero I found one at AirForce Auto Sales for $400. I think it was an '84 4cyl 4-speed, and it was in need of a clutch, still ran tho. But heck for $400, that's not bad. I can check to see if they still have it if you're interested.

I'd come tow it for you but the rearend in my Tahoe is shot, sorry!

------------------
    Mark Matthews
    '87 GT Fastback T-top

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
    My faith in humanity has been restored.
    BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMClick Here to Email BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
    Ok y'all, I have been corresponding with Kevin about his dilemma. I have offered to trailer his car down to Cali for him. He will rent the trailer and I will split the cost of gas. It's all about giving this time of the year and I know that Kevin has been trying his arse off to rectify this situation and find resolution.
    This will need quite a bit of coordination between WCF, Kevin and myself to find the right time frame. But it will be done....Oh yes, it will be done!!

Merry Christmas Kevin

Peace, B2 OUT!

[This message has been edited by BAM-BAM (edited 12-25-2001).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
    [B][/B]

Very nice offer. Good job

Good luck to you.

Merry Christmas to you all.

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
    Ya'll are soooo cool!!! Whata present!!

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com
    Technical Support (903) 825-7744 Steve
    "Smoooooth GT"
    Shaved door handles, sidetrim, exhaust outlet's, etc.... smooooth!!!

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
    Actually, I'll pay for all of the gas. May as well make myself cost as little as possible; since you guys are helping me out so very much anyway.

The only thing that I can't figure out right now is what I'm going to do to pay all of you back.

So far, this has been the best Christmas ever.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
    It's The Circle. If someone helps you out like this, you don't actively look for people to help out. You wait until the right moment comes along. You'll know it. You'll have the opportunity to do something extremely nice to this person, at personal cost/expense.

It's one of those Karmic things. Just remember this when the situation comes about. You'll know.

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageClick Here to Email SootahSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
    Ah, yes, Pay it forward.
    PFF
    System Bot
    FieroKyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2001 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroKyleClick Here to Email FieroKyleSend a Private Message to FieroKyleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sootah:
    Ah, yes, Pay it forward.

Damn it you. I was reading this and I was getting to the end where I was about to mention it. Then the very last post its mentioned. LoL j/k. Pay it forward. lol. Good luck on your situation, hopefully you and WCF and work something out. Its a great offer.

My engine just blown and I can't get a loan. I wonder if Archie can help me out! lol j/k again.....

------------------

My Fast 'n Black Car
    Kyle - 85' GT

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2001 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email West Coast FieroSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
    The oppurtunity to do this is still Here. I spoke with Chris and he said that I will be doing this on my time, as there is much overhead here at the shop. The only time I can honestly see myself getting anytime on the car would be the end of Jan as I am still finishing up on Keith Huff's Northstar, and I always have no less than 4 fix-it jobs going on at the same time...

so where we stand:

• the engine is over on a palate wrapped in 2 plastic "sleeping bags"
  • brandnew 88 flywheel is on top of it
  • a set of injectors that I have reversed cleaned and matched are in a box and ready
  • I think a WCF Cold Air Intake will mysteriously find its way onto your car

do you want to come out with any parts you want to put on at this time, now that the car will be essentially torn apart?

is there any body else willing to sponsor the resurection of this car...

Rodney Dickman - I'd love to see a set of steel vacum lines on here

Fiero Shop - any parts you would care to donate?

I will keep everyone posted, hopefully as time progresses we will soon find a stockpile of parts that will help out Sootah

------------------

Eric Nelson
    Technician,
    West Coast Fiero
    www.cwestco.com
    310-305-4111

• IP: Logged
    Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2001 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageClick Here to Email NealSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
    Damn, you guys are awesome!!!
    SLYGUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLYGUYSend a Private Message to SLYGUYDirect Link to This Post
    Just when I thought that this board was the greatest thing for Fieros and the people that love/own them I'm surprised by the generosity.

West Coast Fiero just got a whole lot more friends around here. Great solution, and what a great deal for a guy that really needed the help.

WCF really Paid It Forward!!

Sly

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
    Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatClick Here to Email topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
    WCF, you guys are beyond awsome. Stuff like this restores my faith in humanity. I am new to Fieros.. Always wanted one, made it to mid life and bought 2. My girlfriend calls me obsessed, I may be just a little. anyway the next time I am looking for parts, or anything, I will know where to look first... of course paying. You guys have won over this middle aged, obsessed Fiero fanatic!

BTW, can someone tell me what BUMP means? I see it in numerous post, but am cluless.

------------------

SLYGUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLYGUYSend a Private Message to SLYGUYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

BTW, can someone tell me what BUMP means? I see it in numerous post, but am cluless.

When someone types only the word "bump" that means that they want to bump that topic and all of it's reponses to the top of the list of topics in that category. The reason is mostly for more notice.
    Sly

BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMClick Here to Email BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
    Just waiting on Kevin to give the word The end of the month is real good for me. I'll need to know in advance so that I can get the weekend off. But Cali is nice this time of year and I'll enjoy leaving Vegas for the day. Keep us posted Kevin!!

Peace, B2 OUT!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock