Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Harry Potter must go. (Page 23)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
Previous Page | Next Page
Harry Potter must go. by Joe Torma
Started on: 11-18-2001 01:58 PM
Replies: 931
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-04-2002 08:13 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Wow, Ray. You just impeached yourself. READ THE WHOLE SECTION!
"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as manservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her rights of a daughter. If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of food, clothing and marital rights. If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money."

You see Ray, back then, they blurred the lines of "selling into slavery" with marriage. It was the custom of the time, and was nothing that was commanded from God. It was man's custom, and was also followed by NON Israelites.
This is why you have problems understanding; you find one sentance you think supports you, and make no effort to learn more about it.
] You keep stating this, but cannot give any proof. How's about we try this again; I won't make statements I can't show reference for, and you won't either. MMkay?

chapter call LAWS ABOUT SLAVES IN REVISED STANDERD
NO MOST SAY SLAVE not servant ALL SAY SELL
AND FIRST PART IS ABOUT SONS SOLD AS SLAVES
END OF SECOND PARTS IS ABOUT IF AND ONLY IF she is TAKEN AS A WIFE OF MASTER OR SON OF MASTER.and no 6 year limit on the girls like boys and if married to a slave their kids are slaves too.
not all sold daughters as wifes allso see 21-4 about free slaves wife NOT GOING FREE WITH HIM as she belongs to the master as do the kids!!!!!!

SAUL PAUL = REFORMER IS BASIC RELIGOUS STUDYS
ONE OF EXTREEM BOOKS ABOUT SAUL=PAUL IS BY THE AUTHOR WHO LEAKED THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS FIRST,I FORGET HIS NAME OR BOOKS EXACT TYTLE
BUT WAS " DEAD SEA [X]" his spin was anti-paul. ANYWAY SAUL=PAUL AS REFORMER IS NOT NEW IDEA but a VERY OLD ONE
use the net THERE IS A REAL WORLD WIDE WEB out there use it.
get out of the book is the answer anyway mindset as it ain't.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 12-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 12-31-2001).]

IP: Logged
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
...SAUL PAUL = REFORMER IS BASIC RELIGOUS STUDYS
ONE OF EXTREEM BOOKS ABOUT SAUL=PAUL IS BY THE AUTHOR WHO LEAKED THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS FIRST,I FORGET HIS NAME OR BOOKS EXACT TYTLE
BUT WAS " DEAD SEA [X]" his spin was anti-paul. ANYWAY SAUL=PAUL AS REFORMER IS NOT NEW IDEA but a VERY OLD ONE

Yeah, we've covered this. I'm familiar with your neo-Gnosticist beliefs Ray. If you subscribe to their teachings, you're essentially a member of an elitist cult. If you don't want to be, you may want to research your sources further.

use the net THERE IS A REAL WORLD WIDE WEB out there use it.

Yes, there is, and I do, occasionally, but only when I KNOW my source, and can SUPPORT the claims with other sources.

Something I've been saying about your beloved "net" since it's inception;

"The internet is an excellent source of terrible information."

Again, this isn't to say everything on the net is wrong, but you apparently don't know where your info is coming from (since you claim to have "no" beliefs), or you're lying completely, since 99% of your information is from a known cult. You're either a believer of their info, or you're not. If you believe them, you're a member.

English please?

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

English please?

Get out of "the book is the answer anyway" mindset, (because) it (isn't) (the answer).

Does that help?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...Could be.

If that was it; Ray, I've been discussing/debating Biblical principles. (This was the origin of the "religious" part of this thread anyway). To do that, a person needs to not only use the Bible to illustrate their points, but a person needs at the very least a basic understanding of those principles to be able to use it for those illustrations.
Unfortunately, a person needs at the very least a basic understanding of it (usually) to understand those illustrations, once given.

At any rate, at least I can give a reference for my points. ..And one that wasn't typed up yesterday by some 6th grade dropout in Taiwan.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Hmmm...Could be.

If that was it; Ray, I've been discussing/debating Biblical principles. (This was the origin of the "religious" part of this thread anyway). To do that, a person needs to not only use the Bible to illustrate their points, but a person needs at the very least a basic understanding of those principles to be able to use it for those illustrations.
Unfortunately, a person needs at the very least a basic understanding of it (usually) to understand those illustrations, once given.

At any rate, at least I can give a reference for my points. ..And one that wasn't typed up yesterday by some 6th grade dropout in Taiwan.

Get it RIGHT you dolt! It was a Sri-Lankan kid who wrote that one!

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
1-1-2002 NEWSPAPER STORY TODAY about christians BURNING BOOKS some were harry potter's. HEAD NUT jack brock founder of the christ community church said " a masterpiece of santic deception" ABOUT HARRY POTTER in alammogordo N.M.
locals were outraged 10 times more at protest of burning than the nuts burning books, and libary had banners up saying
"BOOK BURNING? SHAME ON OUR TOWN"
thats why christian'S are evil same evil as taliban EVIL. BOTH WANT TOTAL MIND CONTROL, WITH NO ROOM FOR THOUGHT. NOW AS IN THE PAST!!

------------------

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

1-1-2002 NEWSPAPER STORY TODAY about christians BURNING BOOKS some were harry potter's. HEAD NUT jack brock founder of the christ community church said " a masterpiece of santic deception" ABOUT HARRY POTTER in alammogordo N.M.
locals were outraged 10 times more at protest of burning than the nuts burning books, and libary had banners up saying
"BOOK BURNING? SHAME ON OUR TOWN"
thats why christian'S are evil same evil as taliban EVIL. BOTH WANT TOTAL MIND CONTROL, WITH NO ROOM FOR THOUGHT. NOW AS IN THE PAST!!

Good point, but faulty reasoning. It is true that there are fanatics on both sides. On one extreme, you have Mr. Taliban saying that it's ok to beat women, and blow up cities because god said so. On the other hand, you have some Christians trampling over literature, lifestyle, or belief with the same religious zeal.

Sounds "good" so far, right?

but that's not the whole story. Even within the Taliban movement, there were people who DIDN'T beat women, and DIDN'T blow up cities. Going further out, Out of the 3 or so BILLION Muslims out there, only the TINIEST fraction are that fanatical. But guess who gets all the media coverage?

The same thing goes for back home. Of the what, several hundred million christians (and almost as many christian groups )in your country, the tiniest fraction make themselves heard. funny thing about your (and our) government is that the "average joe" is not represented. Only the loudest of the loud get things done. Hence the book-burnings, bannings, restrictions etc. It's like bad advertizing. 99.9% of the people who are happy with what's going on don't say anything. But the .1% that are pissed will scream and kick till the cows come home.

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Mach; exactly!

Since a dozen or so people decided to burn some books, this means all Christians want total mind control of the general population?! Wow, Ray, I hear there were several serial killers who happened to be atheist, does this mean all atheists want to kill everone?! Wow.

Anyhow, if we really wanted "total mind control", would we be burning OUR books, or YOURS.
I have NEVER heard of a Christian group (no matter how splintered) STEALING books (from people or off the shelves) to burn...it's always books they BOUGHT.

...I can see how you consider them (miniscule splinter groups, or Christans in general) a threat.

Get real, get a life, and get some perspective.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Mach; exactly!

Since a dozen or so people decided to burn some books, this means all Christians want total mind control of the general population?! Wow, Ray, I hear there were several serial killers who happened to be atheist, does this mean all atheists want to kill everone?! Wow.

Anyhow, if we really wanted "total mind control", would we be burning OUR books, or YOURS.
I have NEVER heard of a Christian group (no matter how splintered) STEALING books (from people or off the shelves) to burn...it's always books they BOUGHT.

...I can see how you consider them (miniscule splinter groups, or Christans in general) a threat.

Get real, get a life, and get some perspective.

not allways their books sometime steal a KID'S BOOKS or seize books UNDER BAD LAWS to burn from owners. and MANY TIMES IN PAST they burn state owned libary/school books.
ALLSO HAVE USED MY GOVERMENT to burn books call **** or immmmoral by US CUSTOMS or U S POST OFFICE in very resent past.
WITH NUTS LIKE ASH{HOLE]CROFT in power now they will again soon!!!!!!!
ANYONE WHO BURNS ANY BOOK IS EVIL!!!!!!
YOU NEED A REAL LIFE false claims of NEXT LIFE ARE FRAUD as are ALL church IDEAS.
TO BAD RELIGIONS DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE the BS CLAIMS THEY MAKE or all would be in jail FOR FRAUD.

------------------

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Ray, you are so full of crap.

Burning books they don't own would be illegal. Burning school-owned books would be a federal offense, and the government (post office and /or schools) is never going to burn books due to content...they'd sell or donate them.

You really need to get a life. Why do you insist on posting this complete crap with no sources? You KNOW I'm just going to call you on it! You MUST post SOURCES if you want to make claims.

But you can't, because you're completely full of paranoid imbicile crap. As usual.

Good day.

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

ANYONE WHO BURNS ANY BOOK IS EVIL!!!!!!

So what should we do with child ****?

More people might agree with you if you didn't make everything all or none...

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
So what should we do with child ****?

More people might agree with you if you didn't make everything all or none...

WELL IS tracy lords vid's at age 17 kiddy ****??????
laws say YES but same LAWS say 12 year olds can go to adult prisons for life.
WE DO NEED TO PROTECT KIDS but when is a kid,of age to be protected, and when is the
law JUST at 12 or 21??????
WE NEED A NATIONAL AGE LAW, ONE AGE FOR ALL to be adult not some at 12 or 14 0r 18 or 21
and each law about a different age to drive or vote or drink or sex/marry or crime or draft into army and every state has own laws all different NOW.

sure do over state case sometimes but so what.

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Harry who?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Ray, you are so full of crap.
Burning books they don't own would be illegal. Burning school-owned books would be a federal offense, and the government (post office and /or schools) is never going to burn books due to content...they'd sell or donate them.

You really need to get a life. Why do you insist on posting this complete crap with no sources? You KNOW I'm just going to call you on it! You MUST post SOURCES if you want to make claims.

But you can't, because you're completely full of paranoid imbicile crap. As usual.

Good day.

ok football is blowing out so lets go at it one LAST TIME line by line
first you said
Ray, you are so full of crap."
mummmm NO but you are very rarily correct
at bottom of page one you said
"wiccans are not old" YOU ARE WRONG!!!!
NOW YOU SAY
"Burning school-owned books would be a federal offense" NO WRONG AGAIN NO SUCH LAW!!!
NEXT YOU SAY
"and the government (post office and /or schools) is never going to burn books due to content...they'd sell or donate them."
WRONG AGAIN !!!!!!!!!
CHRISTIANS and burning books have a long history read about it, COMSTOCK LAWS as late as 60's US customs still banned books like tropic of cancer by h miller and poem's like HOWL by allen G [BOTH NOW KNOWN AS GREAT BOOKS] and did seize and burn them.FACT
see woody h film about larry flint and husler mag. more FACTS
US MAIL has a long history of SEIZING AND BURNING **** or WHAT THEY CALLED **** and they still do it now [THIS WAS TOP JOB OF POSTAL INSPECTORS}.

please do not post about things you know nothing about [DON'T YOU LEARN BY NOW????].
DO A SEARCH BEFORE you post
YOU SAY
"You MUST post SOURCES if you want to make claims."
BS, I MUST DO AS I PLEASE, DO YOUR OWN WORK
I AM NOT RUNNING A SCHOOL FOR FOOLS
I JUST STATE FACTS like taliban and christian FUNDIES have same GOALS AND AIMS and history and GOD of ABRAHAM AND HIS LAWS.
ALL THAT IS TRUE LOOK AT THE RECORDS.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 01-01-2002).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

ok football is blowing out so lets go at it one LAST TIME line by line

One last time...you have no idea how right you are.

first you said
Ray, you are so full of crap."
mummmm NO but you are very rarily correct

On this point especially, I am very correct, and I can prove it in your first point alone.

at bottom of page one you said
"wiccans are not old" YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Alright you liar, let's see what I DID write...

"Wicca does NOT go back to the dawn of man.
Adam and Eve were the foundation of the Jewish/Christian nations.
Wicca IS old, but since Adam and Eve were aware of Lucifer, he can't be "newer" than Wicca."

OK, who's lying NOW?! Looks to ME like I said wicca IS old! NOW you know why you MUST post references for your BS because you obviously can't READ and COMPREHEND. And you're nothing but a LIAR!

see woody h film about larry flint and husler mag. more FACTS

OK, so you don't need to post references because your "facts" come from MOVIES?! LOL! Holy CRAP, you're an idiot!

US MAIL has a long history of SEIZING AND BURNING **** or WHAT THEY CALLED **** and they still do it now [THIS WAS TOP JOB OF POSTAL INSPECTORS}.

Oh pleeeease, can I be a postal inpector? I'm a Christian, so I MUST have some deep-down desire to BURN BOOKS! LOL! AHHHAAAAhahahahaha!

BS, I MUST DO AS I PLEASE, DO YOUR OWN WORK
I AM NOT RUNNING A SCHOOL FOR FOOLS
I JUST STATE FACTS like taliban and christian FUNDIES have same GOALS AND AIMS and history and GOD of ABRAHAM AND HIS LAWS.
ALL THAT IS TRUE LOOK AT THE RECORDS.

OK, you refuse to post references, even though I've shown in THIS post that you are a LIAR! I hope everyone standing up for your right to be a butthead sees your lie. "You only post facts...you do what you like"...Holy CRAP, man...are you listening to yourself?! HAAAAAHAhahahahahahaa!

"You're not running a school for fools"?! You're right, you're just their best student.

Ray, you're nothing but a liar, and nothing short of the scum of the earth. You're here for no other reason than to draw people into your bullsh!t, and I'm sick of it. I refuse to be pulled into your pit any longer.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Now I am going to tell you one last time that you are NOT welcome to EVER post in my general direction again. EVER.

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 01-01-2002).]

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
you guys are scaring the small children!
Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
I think when this thread finally ends (if it ever does). I'm going to print it out and save it for a really......................................................... really............................................................................................................................................. boring day!

lol

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

WE NEED A NATIONAL AGE LAW, ONE AGE FOR ALL to be adult not some at 12 or 14 0r 18 or 21
and each law about a different age to drive or vote or drink or sex/marry or crime or draft into army and every state has own laws all different NOW.

I'll agree we need more consistency in age laws. I don't think one age for all activities makes sense though. Driving can be done at a younger age than say marriage or military service.

The national 21 year old drinking age is ridiculous. At 18-20 people are considered old enough to make any decision except how much alcohol is too much??? I don't see any logic in it.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
I'll agree we need more consistency in age laws. I don't think one age for all activities makes sense though. Driving can be done at a younger age than say marriage or military service.

The national 21 year old drinking age is ridiculous. At 18-20 people are considered old enough to make any decision except how much alcohol is too much??? I don't see any logic in it.

some countrys draft at age 12 or 13
I think a test should be given if adult rights are wanted at a younger age but NO all age laws can be fair or just but now laws are NUTS.
kidie **** is under 18 but real whores are as young as 12-13, and killer kids can get life in adult jail at 13 and do now.
My state is 13 for jail 15 to drive 18 to vote or marry and 21 to drink but 18 to buy smokes and 21 to sign a contract but you could join army at 17 and draft at 18 when that was in action.
maybe jews are right just do it at 13 and be done with the age laws.

------------------

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12439 posts
Member since Jan 2001

OK, you refuse to post references, even though I've shown in THIS post that you are a LIAR! I hope everyone standing up for your right to be a butthead sees your lie. "You only post facts...you do what you like"...Holy CRAP, man...are you listening to yourself?! HAAAAAHAhahahahahahaa!

"You're not running a school for fools"?! You're right, you're just their best student.

Ray, you're nothing but a liar, and nothing short of the scum of the earth. You're here for no other reason than to draw people into your bullsh!t, and I'm sick of it. I refuse to be pulled into your pit any longer.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Now I am going to tell you one last time that you are NOT welcome to EVER post in my general direction again. EVER.

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 01-01-2002).]

Wicca is ten times older than jewdaio-christian belife fact. 35,000vs3500 fact
as are all bible quotes on this page you couldnot find and claimed to be false!!!!!
so you can call names all you want you are still WRONG and so is taliban!!!!
movie was about larry's fights with BIG BROTHER GOVERMENTS AND CHRISTIAN ALLYS and how they censored him or tryed to and how he won in courts,

IF YOU POST BS I WILL CALL YOU ON IT every time count on it.
as BS is about all you have posted in this thread so far mostly very wrong.

------------------

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master_Sushi:
I think when this thread finally ends (if it ever does). I'm going to print it out and save it for a really......................................................... really............................................................................................................................................. boring day!

lol

Do you realise how many trees that is gunna take. You eviromental killer you

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

I have asked nicely, in 2 threads now.

I am no longer debating anything with you.

Leave me alone!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobaby:
you guys are scaring the small children!

...and the dog.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
wow ive been watching this topic grow and grow and wonder whats been going on in here that every one must replie

and i think its safe to say i came in at the worng time to understand what any of this is about

lol

i think this should win logest lasting topic award!

i think ill leave now

enjoy

------------------
85 se 2m4 5spd white

" TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">www.angelfire.com/super/camaro0/

far future plans.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
...and the dog.

But not stimpy's dog, he is fearless

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
this thread is all over the place and is impossible to follow anymore

it would be more effecient if one of you starts over at Genisis 1, verse one - post that and then study and discuss it

once everyone agrees what verse one really means then go onto verse two.

I think you will make better progress this way, and take up less server space!

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
To all those of you who ***** and complain about the length of this thread:
I suppose the 'My donut broke' or '1000 post club' or 'Gremlins' threads are a lot more valuable, eh? All of you are hypocrites and are contributing to the number of pages in this thread. I think if EVERYONE on PFF complained about the Harry Potter thread IN the Harry Potter thread, we could get another 3000 posts. If these guys want to debate religion, let them. If you don't like it, don't read it!!!!

Ray - I think you're a pedophile. It's all coming together now. Your anti-Christian statements and defense of kiddie **** - it's really becoming quite clear.

Let me ask you anti-book burning supporters a question now. BTW, before I do so, you should know that I am indifferent to the Harry Potter book burning. I have nothing against Harry Potter (haven't seen it or read it) but I do feel that people should be able to burn a book if they so desire (that's why it's a free country, right?).
Anyways, to the question. Is burning Harry Potter wrong? If so, then is burning ANY book wrong? If it is, then is BANNING a book wrong? If you've answered YES to any of the questions, then what do you think about Chapters banning Mein Kampf?

My sincerest apologies to those who'd like to see this thread die. If it makes you feel better, we'll start a new one.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Okay.

While we're on the subject of burning stuff...

I realize this will be a very touchy subject just now, but what about all the people who take it upon themselves to burn flags?
The US flag, in particular.

First reaction for many of us would be to pound them into the pavement like a tent stake.
But it's their flag. Right?
Their freedom to express themselves. Right?
There is an amendment that covers that.
Whatcha gonna do?

...and please don't think for a moment that I am condoning this. I'm not. Just food for discussion.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2002 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:
My sincerest apologies to those who'd like to see this thread die. If it makes you feel better, we'll start a new one.

Oh go pound keys in the "FieroLisa" thread for all I care

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
Oh go pound keys in the "FieroLisa" thread for all I care

Right. It's settled then!

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:
To all those of you who ***** and complain about the length of this thread:
I suppose the 'My donut broke' or '1000 post club' or 'Gremlins' threads are a lot more valuable, eh? All of you are hypocrites and are contributing to the number of pages in this thread. I think if EVERYONE on PFF complained about the Harry Potter thread IN the Harry Potter thread, we could get another 3000 posts. If these guys want to debate religion, let them. If you don't like it, don't read it!!!!

Ray - I think you're a pedophile. It's all coming together now. Your anti-Christian statements and defense of kiddie **** - it's really becoming quite clear.

Let me ask you anti-book burning supporters a question now. BTW, before I do so, you should know that I am indifferent to the Harry Potter book burning. I have nothing against Harry Potter (haven't seen it or read it) but I do feel that people should be able to burn a book if they so desire (that's why it's a free country, right?).
Anyways, to the question. Is burning Harry Potter wrong? If so, then is burning ANY book wrong? If it is, then is BANNING a book wrong? If you've answered YES to any of the questions, then what do you think about Chapters banning Mein Kampf?

INTERESTING HOW LITTLE YOU CHRISTIANS reguard the FALSE WITTNESS LAW as any and all BS you want to claim if I do not follow your GOD BS I MUST BE A_____________ OR A ____-__________ or worse!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY BUT I AM A MARRIED MAN 30 plus years to the SAME WIFE NOT GAY OR IN TO KIDS!!!!!
BUT YOUR LIES DO NOT STOP , WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU AND YOUR RELIGION???????

I DO SUPPORT ENDING ALL CENSORSHIP OF EVERY THING allways have and allways will.
HITLERS NASTY BOOK NEEDS TO BE READ by all, HE WAS IN FAVOR OF BOOK BURNING not me.
YOU MUST KNOW EVIL, TO FIGHT IT, censors who want to hide evil, with good intent, BUT STILL ARE ALLWAYS WRONG.
EVIL GROWS IN THE DARK but light is the way to fight EVIL, talk about it and then distroy evil WONDER WHAT CHURCHIES FEAR?? TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!FACTS!!!!!!!!!and whenever they can't debate an idea call the idea satan's.
IF I support a unpopular IDEA that doesnot mean I do it, just means I do not support STUPID LAWS about censorship.
BUT MANY IN CHURCH do support same LAWS AS TALIBAN about sex or censors or drugs or freedom or divine rights. I say all are wrong all the time.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, I get peeved everytime I read or hear about flagburning. Especially overseas. You might think it would be the otherway around, but I strongly support the Constitution, and this form of protest is one of the less obtrusive ways to protest. One of the correct ways to dispose of a torn or dirty flag is to burn it, so I guess it's not too bad of an offense to do it under protest. I get far more upset about the foreign countries that do it, yet the same individuals would immigrate here in a skinny minute to improve that individual's economic situation.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
I think if congress ever passes a law making it a crime to burn a US flag

then all the US flags in the world will burst into flames spontainiously!

You cant protect the symbol of freedom by putting men in chains :c(

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
MOVIE REVIEW?

I thought the movie was pretty good..

Now if only some of the people would read the topic "Topic: Harry Potter must go.
" and notice that this thread dont say "lets bash religion, lets bash each other" as the thread topic..

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 01-02-2002).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Hey I got an idea!
lets just kill each other. That way there would be peace in the world and all problem will be solved
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
rayb, I think part of some people's argument with you is that you are painting with such broad strokes.

Example, Taliban and I both agree that there should be laws about dress in public. But just because we do, doesn't mean I am as repressive as them. I don't want women to have to wear what the Taliban want, or even close, but technically WE BOTH WANT LAWS RESTRICTING WHAT PEOPLE CAN WEAR!!!!!!

Both the Taliban and I would make laws to restrict public access to printed material, SO I AM JUST LIKE THE TALIBAN!!!! Well, no, I want laws restricting public access to child pornography, for example. And you and I may disagree in this one area, but that doesn't make me JUST LIKE THE TALIBAN!!!!

And I am not for book burning, but book burning is horrible, heinous, and always evil; and not some form of freedom of expression (whether you agree or not) but flag-burning is my constitutional right.

See, liberals want to stamp out freedom of expression when it disagrees with them, yet they are the "defenders of freedom". Yeah.

P.S. Public disclaimer which I want to emphasize due to the tenor of several other posts--rayb, even though I disagree with much of what you believe, I'm not PERSONALLY attacking you, and from my standpoint we are on good terms. Hope you feel the same.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
SURE I do go to extremes and have a radical view of ALL THE FOLLOWERS OF "GOD OF ABRAHAM" in all it's many many varyed forms cults and sub-cults AND I DONOT CARE what sub-sub-cult DID THE NEWEST EVIL
SO WHAT "THEY DO HAVE EVIL IN THEIR PAST"

TALIBAN is only a small part of GOD'S PEOPLE'S EVIL
ANYONE WHO THINKS GOD IS, on his side , talks to him, KNOWS THE PLAN, wanting him to do X ,Y, or Z. IS AND WILL DO EVIL!!!!!!!!
NOW AS IN PAST
BROAD STROKES ARE NEEDED THIS IS A BIG JOB
A NEVER ENDING JOB
BECAUSE NEW CULTS SPRING UP ALL THE TIME
AND OLD ONES KEEP GOING ON AND ON.
SO ALL CAN SAY NOT MY SUB-SUB-CULT WE DIDNOT DO IT "THEY DID" BUT WE IS US IS THEY AND WE ARE ALL STUCK ON THE SAME BALL OF MUD
as st. JOHN OF LIVERPOOL SAID
IMAGINE
NO HEAVEN NO HELL NOTHING TO KILL OR DIE FOR
JUST TRY
NO GOD
NO HOLY WAR
NOTHING TO KILL OR DIE FOR

------------------

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Wrong Ray. Lennon was dreaming. The real reason for war and killing is power, religion is just the excuse. If religion were magically eliminated, men seeking power would quickly find another excuse to have us kill each other.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Is this thing dead yet? Is it safe to come out of hiding again? Are all the bad boys and girls gone?... Help us Cliff, please...Kill it now!

------------------

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post01-02-2002 11:31 PM   Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

INTERESTING HOW LITTLE YOU CHRISTIANS reguard the FALSE WITTNESS LAW as any and all BS you want to claim if I do not follow your GOD BS I MUST BE A_____________ OR A ____-__________ or worse!!!!!!!!!!!

What if people belived that you were a "_____________ OR A ____-__________ or worse!!!!!!!!!!!" based on your own merits. Your belief is that they think this because of their belief in their religeon.

SORRY BUT I AM A MARRIED MAN 30 plus years to the SAME WIFE NOT GAY OR IN TO KIDS!!!!!
BUT YOUR LIES DO NOT STOP , WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU AND YOUR RELIGION???????

I'm not saying you are, but if you were, I doubt that you'd tell everyone about it.

I DO SUPPORT ENDING ALL CENSORSHIP OF EVERY THING allways have and allways will.
HITLERS NASTY BOOK NEEDS TO BE READ by all, HE WAS IN FAVOR OF BOOK BURNING not me.
YOU MUST KNOW EVIL, TO FIGHT IT, censors who want to hide evil, with good intent, BUT STILL ARE ALLWAYS WRONG.

So instead of forcing people to not experience something, you want to force ("HITLERS NASTY BOOK NEEDS TO BE READ by all" leads me to believe that you want everyone to actually read it.)?

EVIL GROWS IN THE DARK but light is the way to fight EVIL, talk about it and then distroy evil WONDER WHAT CHURCHIES FEAR?? TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!FACTS!!!!!!!!!and whenever they can't debate an idea call the idea satan's.

When are you going to realise that you are doing the same thing to the other extreme?
Replace the word satan's with evil and it sounds exacly like what you've said plenty of times in this thread alone.

IF I support a unpopular IDEA that doesnot mean I do it, just means I do not support STUPID LAWS about censorship.
BUT MANY IN CHURCH do support same LAWS AS TALIBAN about sex or censors or drugs or freedom or divine rights. I say all are wrong all the time.

There are plenty of bad people that support your ideas too. Don't you see that people calling you a pervert parrallels you calling them evil?

You're complaining about people making generalizations. The problem is that you are also making generalizations. Maybe if you stop that, others will follow.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock