Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Harry Potter must go. (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
Previous Page | Next Page
Harry Potter must go. by Joe Torma
Started on: 11-18-2001 01:58 PM
Replies: 931
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-04-2002 08:13 PM
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
"No man will know the hour or the day..."

I've heard people teach that Christ doesn't even know, and is waiting for the command...I dunno if I have an opinion on that one, though...

IP: Logged
Mach10

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

I've heard people teach that Christ doesn't even know, and is waiting for the command...I dunno if I have an opinion on that one, though...

So, what if it's already ended? What if nobody even exists? What if all of us are the imaginings of a baseless cloud of what USED to be organic materials? What if? What if?

Ah, on second though, nihilism sucks

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
quote: "OH CRAP! Ray and I AGREE on something?! The world must be ending!"

The world is ending? Ahh, a new tangent; off we go.. When? How? Why? (Do I have time to open my Christmas presents first??)

FIRE OR ICE ?????
SUN will go NOVI,not super novi, just get real big no bang but earth will fry in 5 to 10 billion years before shrinking back to small white dwarf.
DON'T WAIT UP FOR THIS!!!!

but look out andromida is coming sooner. our milky way galixy and close galixcy A will collide and earth maybe knocked out of orbit.that may happen in only 3 billion years time.then we will freeze!!!!!

IF you can't wait that long maybe a space rock will come to pay a visit like one did to DINO's 65 million years ago that could happen at any time.

BUT THE IDEA THAT MAN ENDING ALL LIFE AND IT IS PART OF GODS GRAND PLAN IS PURE EVIL,very hard to think of a greater EVIL than that piece of religlous BS.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Now, I'm kinda like Ray on this one. How could anyone possibly know what is currently going on between Jesus Christ & God? Kinda off the subject. I've seen a movie on PBS that was about God and biblical happenings. It was an ALL black cast. It was really interesting, not real high budget or anything, but really a good movie, with a different perspective. God had a white cotton beard and the movie looked like it might have been made in the 40's-50's. Never have caught the title. Anybody seen it?

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Wasn't Jesus supposed to be a Caucasian male?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if I ever saw his skin color mentioned anywhere. Mach10- did you get my email last night?
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Please, MJ... I've had ENOUGH copies of "Gone.scr" J/K

Haven't had time... I'll check at lunch.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
Wasn't Jesus supposed to be a Caucasian male?

In that part of the world and time frame, caucasion could mean anything. I have heard that when God created man, SHE was just joking. WTH is gone.scr?

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
So what color WAS he?

Being of divine conception, is it reasonable to assume then that he had the normal 24N haploid genetic material as donated by Mary? Or would he be a completely spontaneous and autonomous child, with NO human DNA component, all of it having been donated by the Holy Spirit?

If the material was then donated by Mary, via normal means, then Jesus would be at least part Arabic. Olive skin, dark hair etc. Since the remaining 24N would have been donated by God, then the 48N Diploid gene structure would be 50% perfect. What would he look like? Are divine traits Dominant or recessive in expression?

Otherwise, if he WAS completely separate, and donated from outside, what genetic background would he have? If he was not only concieved, but created entirely by God, and supposed to be a direct child descendent of God (or close approximation of), then his Genetic material would be PERFECT. If you subscribe to the "First Man, First Woman" hypothesis, that all men and women are descended from the same couple, there have been numerous studies into this. One method, using Mitochondrial DNA has traced the "mother" effect all the way into Central Africa. Mitochondrial DNA replicates autonomously from the rest of the cells. All the Mitochondrion in your body are your mothers... And HER mothers. In fact, M-DNA NEVER recombines. In perfect conditions, over 1000s of generations, M-DNA does not change. But, it can and does mutate. and over time, the average rate of mutation is constant. SCientists have used this to track down the human origins. And much to the chagrin of the KKK, it looks like we ALL originated in Africa. That's right, the stuff powering your cells is AFRICAN in origin.

So, as such, given that the first 2 people are supposed to have been created in God's image, That would infer that God himself IS black. Cool!

So, back to JC, if God's DNA is present in JC, in it's entirety, then JC would have been black. Otherwise, he would have been HALF-black, half Arabic...

Just interesting to think about

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Mach10

7375 posts
Member since Jan 2001

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mach10:
[b]Wasn't Jesus supposed to be a Caucasian male?

In that part of the world and time frame, caucasion could mean anything. I have heard that when God created man, SHE was just joking. WTH is gone.scr?

[/B][/QUOTE]
lol

Gone.scr is that new worm virus.... It's proliferating at a respectable rate I've not recieved it yet, but the family inbox has had it 6 times in the last couple of days

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Mach10

7375 posts
Member since Jan 2001
And THEN you read something like THIS:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011207/od/penis_dc_1.html

PFF
System Bot
baptistheart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baptistheartSend a Private Message to baptistheartDirect Link to This Post
I think he looked arabic, olive skin, dark curly hair, brown eyes, ect, ect

------------------
Joe

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
BUT THE IDEA THAT MAN ENDING ALL LIFE AND IT IS PART OF GODS GRAND PLAN IS PURE EVIL,
It's not a problem if you accept the idea that God created man, and He can destroy him anytime He wants. Man chose to leave God, not the other way around. He made a bridge for us to get back to Him, but those who don't cross it won't get any other option.

very hard to think of a greater EVIL than that piece of religlous BS.
You're not being very respectful of others' deepest & dearest beliefs, are you?! Your lack of concern for whether you offend someone annoys me. I'm outta here.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ray b:
[b] BUT THE IDEA THAT MAN ENDING ALL LIFE AND IT IS PART OF GODS GRAND PLAN IS PURE EVIL,
It's not a problem if you accept the idea that God created man, and He can destroy him anytime He wants. Man chose to leave God, not the other way around. He made a bridge for us to get back to Him, but those who don't cross it won't get any other option.

very hard to think of a greater EVIL than that piece of religlous BS.
You're not being very respectful of others' deepest & dearest beliefs, are you?! Your lack of concern for whether you offend someone annoys me. I'm outta here.

[/B][/QUOTE]

JUST AS ARAB TERROR is EVIL so is TERMINAL THINKING, Terminal Texas is the base that most USA H-BOMBS are stored at or was away, and some CHRISTIANS BELIVE that a Nuclear War is part of their GODS end game/plan.
and THEY SHOULD HELP GOD by BUILDING more h-bombs and use them as part of GODS PLAN.
That is called TERMINAL THINKING and is PURE EVIL, as is a real threat to all life on this earth right now.
NO MAN CAN KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS AND ANY man WHO THINKS THEY DO KNOW, CAN HELP,BE ON GOD'S SIDE, HEAR HIS VOICE, or what ever about GOD
IS WRONG AND A DANGER TO THE REST OF us.
and if thats upseting to you so be it,BETTER YOU ARE UPSET then I am DEAD.

------------------

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
...Your lack of concern for whether you offend someone annoys me. I'm outta here...

Who can blame you; with ray making posts like...

NO MAN CAN KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS AND ANY man WHO THINKS THEY DO KNOW, CAN HELP,BE ON GOD'S SIDE, HEAR HIS VOICE, or what ever about GOD

...Where is Cliff in all this? Ray is out of control.

It's ONE thing to state his opinion, ONCE. It's another to completely ignore explanations of his misunderstandings and do EVERYTHING he can to INTENTIONALLY piss people off.

Cliff, remove the trolls, ASAP, or you may lose several members.

Yes, it's YOUR foum, and everyone should have a right to be here, but you've also asked that we RESPECT each other's ideas, and Ray apparently is only here to inflict threats and slander. This is CLEARLY against your OWN rules.

I personally cannot remain if you won't enforce your OWN rules.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
RayB, I've been to Terminal, Texas. It's a hole in the road, halfway betwen Odessa, and Midland. I can assure there are no nukes or any other weapons there. Maybe a broken Corona bottle, or a couple of 22's.
Now if you go about 200 miles north to Amarillo, you might find something at the Pantex corporation. You didn't read it here.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Oh, Whatever... Stop TRYING to be offended. You've made your point that you don't respect his opinion... So why does it still bother you?

Ray is no troll. Name ONE instance where he hasn't simply typed(in his own unique style) exactly what he thinks? All YOU'VE done is call him an idiot. All HE'S done is explain his opinions. Sorry, who's being offensive?

Triad, you've been NOTHING but cool to my posts. Extend the same courtesy elsewhere.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
mr t mr c and other christians here your personal belife are not a problem BUT in groups, in goverments and in laws CHRISTIANS ATTEMPTS TO CONTROL OTHERS in what they say do and think is wrong and a VERY BIG EVIL.
SOME OF YOU can't debate a idea with out attacking the person posting the IDEA.
FACT
CHRISTIANS DO HAVE A REAL HISTORY OF BURNING WITCHES and OTHERS they call HERITIC or BLASPHEMERS OR JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TOO.
AND AFTER 9-11 ALL WHO THINK GOD IS ON THEIR SIDE I SEE AS EVIL.
I STARTED TO POST IN THIS THREAD AFTER SOME WHO SAY THEY ARE CHRISTIAN ATTACKED THE WICCAN'S BY POSTING FALSE INFO ABOUT WICCA.
AND AFTER SOME OTHERS HAD USED THIS FORUM TO POST THEIR CHRISTIAN LIES ABOUT A KIDS MOVIE.

GET A GRIP IF YOU CAN'T DEBATE JUST DROP OUT AND DONOT READ MY IDEAS, BUT IF YOU TRY TO SILENCE ME I WILL GET LOUDER !!!!!!!!!!
god is not on your side AS HE IS not.

------------------

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Triad: You DON'T like Ray's views.
Ray: You feel threatened by religion, organized or not.

Ray isn't going to hit Triad with a tire-iron, Triad isn't going after Ray's knees with an axe-handle...

Why don't we all just leave it at that?

Ray: Many things about the past, and related to Religion in general come up with some SCARY **** . Stuff happens today that is STILL scary. We all agree. But the problem is that the religious are in the majority, and that's how it's most likely going to stay. Regardless of it's factual substance, religion is STILL going to be a great factor in the killing of hundreds, thousands, and Millions in the future.

Understand, though, that it's the HUMAN component that drives people to this. Everyone is a hipocrite, when it suits them. But you don't have to fear all of us. Especially the Agnostics... We don't agree with 95% of what's going on... Won't catch ME grabbing a pitchfork and goin' witch-huntin'

Triad: You don't need to be so defensive. Consider Rayb a lost cause if it helps. but none of his posts have been offensive. none of them have been threatening. But that's just me. If I was moderator, I'd probably lock down the thread to stop a full-scale war brewing, but NOTHING that I've seen here by any party is worthy of ban, or even troll-ish behavior

But that's just me. Can we get on with the discussion, now, PLEASE?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

RayB, I've been to Terminal, Texas. It's a hole in the road, halfway betwen Odessa, and Midland. I can assure there are no nukes or any other weapons there. Maybe a broken Corona bottle, or a couple of 22's.
Now if you go about 200 miles north to Amarillo, you might find something at the Pantex corporation. You didn't read it here.

Camoflage worked very well then, or maybe they moved on as if I knew toomany others knew about that place. I hear area 51 is shuting down too as toomany know about that too.

------------------

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

And [b]THEN you read something like THIS:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011207/od/penis_dc_1.html [/B]

That's just nuts.. it's scary that someone would do that to themselves because of a book.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Oh, Whatever... Stop TRYING to be offended. You've made your point that you don't respect his opinion... So why does it still bother you?

Ray is no troll. Name ONE instance where he hasn't simply typed(in his own unique style) exactly what he thinks?

Hmmm, the same could be said for all of us, including EdsB52. It is possible, even proper, to get your point across without all the rhetoric. If everyone said exactly what we felt, or thought, there would be nothing but flames. Discretion being the better part of valor, I curb what I really feel, or hide it well enough to be un-offensive. Example:
Suppose I was a fanatical racist or homophobe. I said (typed) exactly what I felt or thought. It would be offensive to most of the members. As such, it becomes improper. I'm not a racist or homophobe, believe very much in civil rights and free speech. A person may have the right to say what they want, but, it is in poor taste to do so in public, especially on a continuous
basis. It serves no real purpose, other than to inflame. I remember you typing in "let's keep it friendly" when the topic evolved to abortion. Ray's posts do not come off very friendly when religion is concerned. It is very friendly when a joke he posts is concerned, or college football, or something in Tech. I feel his 'unique style' is a selective one, developed specifically to antagonize on this topic. It is working.
Personally, as much fun as it's been, I feel it is time to move on. Lock it up and let the thread go the way of the dinosaur.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Hmmm, the same could be said for all of us, including EdsB52. It is possible, even proper, to get your point across without all the rhetoric. If everyone said exactly what we felt, or thought, there would be nothing but flames. Discretion being the better part of valor, I curb what I really feel, or hide it well enough to be un-offensive. Example:
Suppose I was a fanatical racist or homophobe. I said (typed) exactly what I felt or thought. It would be offensive to most of the members. As such, it becomes improper. I'm not a racist or homophobe, believe very much in civil rights and free speech. A person may have the right to say what they want, but, it is in poor taste to do so in public, especially on a continuous
basis. It serves no real purpose, other than to inflame. I remember you typing in "let's keep it friendly" when the topic evolved to abortion. Ray's posts do not come off very friendly when religion is concerned. It is very friendly when a joke he posts is concerned, or college football, or something in Tech. I feel his 'unique style' is a selective one, developed specifically to antagonize on this topic. It is working.
Personally, as much fun as it's been, I feel it is time to move on. Lock it up and let the thread go the way of the dinosaur.

Which dinosaurs?

Point taken... but Eds wasn't **** -canned for opinions. Eds was **** canned for outright offensive behavior. The little-girl thread, the original cuffuffle several months back that had the forum shut down. Oh, and stepping up to Cliff too many times...

Let's take stock: Ray has declared that blindly following written texts, because they were supposedly written by some divinity or other, leads to really bad, ill **** going down. He's worded that in a number of ways. Has not crossed the boundaries of profanity, has not attacked people directly. Hasn't even attacked any particular religion directly. All he's said is that there are a LOT of Christians that have done ill-**** . That's a reasonable statement... Again, it's been worded several other ways...

Now, as for the hate-literature, I can see the point, but I disagree about it falling on Ray's shoulders. NOTHING he's said can be REASONABLY be construed as hate-literature. Granted, "Hello, good-morning" can quite easily be interpreted as insulting... But I digress.

The only thing ray's done wrong is have a difference of opinion. Think about that.

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 12-08-2001).]

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post

JUST AS ARAB TERROR is EVIL so is TERMINAL THINKING,

Last I checked, all terror was evil.

Terminal Texas is the base that most USA H-BOMBS are stored at or was away, and some CHRISTIANS BELIVE that a Nuclear War is part of their GODS end game/plan.
and THEY SHOULD HELP GOD by BUILDING more h-bombs and use them as part of GODS PLAN.
I love how you stress "christians" but not SOME same with "GOD" and not THEIR. You did stress they should help god by building h-bombs, but you seem to believe that ALL Christians believe this.

That is called TERMINAL THINKING and is PURE EVIL, as is a real threat to all life on this earth right now.
So is making generalzations about people.

Yes

I should leave this part alone because I know that someone will misread it and blow it out of proportion. So I will.

[This message has been edited by Pontiaddict (edited 12-08-2001).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
"Christians are the MAJORITY"?!

Oh man, have YOU been duped!

"none of his [Ray's] posts have been offensive"?!

WHAT?! Calling Christians nothing short of murderous terrorists who should all be killed ISN'T OFFENSIVE all of a sudden?!

"Stop trying to be offended"...

It doesn't take someone TRYING to be offended to be offended by BEING CALLED BIN LADEN!!!!!!

"none of them [Ray's posts] have been threatening"

WHAT?! He said ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE KILLED!

"...you don't respect his opinion..."

It's NOT a matter of whether I "respect his opinions". I do NOT respect the way he CHOOSES to convey them, and the fact that no matter WHAT anyone offers in defense, he IGNORES it, makes NO ATTEMPT to defend his position with PROOF and spouts the same CRAP overandoverandoverandoverandoverandOVER!

If you're too blind to see any of this after 15+ pages of his CRAP, than GOD help you, cause no one else can!

If Cliff can't take steps to keep people here from calling other people;

*murderers
*terrorists
*BIN LADEN
*better off DEAD

...than I see NO REASON to remain.

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 12-08-2001).]

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

I personally cannot remain if you won't enforce your OWN rules.

Triad, if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to call for rule enforcement. I have seen several posts by you where you called ray names or questioned his intelligence.

On page 14 - 12-06-2001 09:45 PM you posted:

Ray, never speak directly to me again. I'll do the same.

With no posts from ray directed at you personally in between, the very next time you posted in this thread was on page 15 - 12-07-2001 10:26 AM:

Ray, NO ONE called you ANYTHING.
CAN'T YOU READ?!
Why don't you grow up if you want to debate with people.
You don't even know basic terminology,
Your lack of proper terminology and improper uses of what terminoloy you barf up shows nothing but a complete lack of interlligence on the subject at hand,

I included just a couple of the more insulting statements, anyone can reread the wholw thing if they like. If you can't deal with what ray has to say, why do you keep engaging him??? Your outbursts of anger only support Ray's accusations of intolerance by religious people.

I'm also having trouble understanding how people like you and Cheever, who seem so confident in their beliefs, can let Ray get to them like this??? This is not a flame! I'm really having trouble understanding it.

Triad, you have posted some very good input in this thread and others, I would hate to see you leave. But, I wouldn't want to see this thread locked or Ray banned simply because some people can't handle his beliefs either.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

DRH

2683 posts
Member since Dec 1999

If Cliff can't take steps to keep people here from calling other people;

*murderers
*terrorists
*BIN LADEN
*better off DEAD

...than I see NO REASON to remain.

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 12-08-2001).]

Oh, please... Haven't you ever heard of dramatic effect? It's a favorite tactic of liberals. You just have to find the real point they are trying to make.

Meanwhile, you have repeatedly asked Ray if he was retarded, called him an ignorant ass, and several other personal insults.

Although I'm sure that overall I agree with you on many more issues than I do with Ray, this particular one sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Camoflage worked very well then, or maybe they moved on as if I knew toomany others knew about that place. I hear area 51 is shuting down too as toomany know about that too.

Nope, it's a very small area. Midland and Odessa are just two nearby cities that have literally grown together. You never really know when you leave one and enter the other. It's all residential area where Terminal is.
You're thinking of Pantex, outside of Amarillo. Do a google search. Don't be surprised to get a warning screen about accessing a secure defense site. I've been by the area, it's a pretty touchy place. I'd say more but I'd have to shoot myself
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Never once have I called him

* a murderer
* evil
* a terrorist
* Bin Laden
* or said he should die.

these are my issues, and they can't compare to anything I've said.

I can't believe no one sees the depth of his slander, and the intent of his offense.

stingant0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stingant0Send a Private Message to stingant0Direct Link to This Post
Now this is interesting. Let them go at it guys. RAY: This is just MY opinion, If you are right, and there is no god, then we ALL end up in the same place (if there is a place or total darkness whatever) but if there is a God then what will you do? It would be to late, you will face total seperation or what you would call HELL.

My point is that I would rather be safe then sorry, Are you 100% sure that there is no God....Even Darwin beleived that there was a God at the end of his life(Note Darwin did not make the theory of evolution--his idea was natural selection)

Jon--Major Psychology;minor Family Sciences at Anderson University

[This message has been edited by stingant0 (edited 12-09-2001).]

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
WOW! 16 pages! Way to go guys!

Somehow, I just knew you could all do it if you "ALL" worked together.

Anyways, too much for me to read through to even remotely get caught up on, let alone the fact I lost interest in the discussion itself...well...to put it bluntly...many posts ago..., so I'll just post here if you don't mind and not really add anything.

This way, I also don't add any of my religious beliefs as fuel to the fire and have to dawn a flame suit.

AHHH! What the heck! You're all wrong. My belief is right!

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stingant0:
Now this is interesting. Let them go at it guys. RAY: This is just MY opinion, If you are right, and there is no god, then we ALL end up in the same place (if there is a place or total darkness whatever) but if there is a God then what will you do? It would be to late, you will face total seperation or what you would call HELL.

My point is that I would rather be safe then sorry, Are you 100% sure that there is no God....Even Darwin beleived that there was a God at the end of his life(Note Darwin did not make the theory of evolution--his idea was natural selection)

AND IF AT THE GATE YOU MEET not St.Peter BUT
ALLAH WHO ASKS IF YOUR A GOOD MOSLEM?
RA who wants to weight you soul?
budda who asks what do yuo want to go back as this time??
some aztec god who wonders how many hearts you cut out for him???
KRISHNA asks are you a good hindi??
baal what did you do for him????
jupter , zuse, wotan??
or WHAT IF RIGHT GOD WRONG CULT SUB FACTION
and sabbath is realy like jews think sundown friday to saturday nite fall and if you miss that or some other detail your out like a pork rib
or maybe you get the god you deserve!!!!

------------------

stingant0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stingant0Send a Private Message to stingant0Direct Link to This Post
Well those are possiblities but what if they are the same God? What if he/she wants us to worship him is different ways. According to Carl Jung's Personality Theory we all have collective conciousness in this we has a predispostion of a supreme being. If you look at ALL societies they have their own god. Christanity is the only relgin were God "cloned himself" into a man--100% GOD & 100% man. He died on the cross and was resurected. If you look at the Koran you will see MANY verses from the old and the new testment. Buddha NEVER claimed to be GOD NEVER. He was a prophet, I believe that angle Gabreil visited him under a tree--he got the NIRVANA stage from this, later after his death his followers began to worship him--out came Buddaism---correct me if I'm wrong.

But my point is most people beleive in a devine being. Read the New Testiment--it is really exicting. If you want to learn more then IM me at microwave1779.
If not then thats fine eveyone is intitled to their ideas. Just be careful about what you say because some people can get VERY offened.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Triad:

1) I never said that "Christians" were the majority... In THIS thread, the RELIGIOUS-types are. That refers to anyone. How many atheists have posted here?

2) *I* didn't find them offensive. You were so quick to discredit him. Why does it bother you so much? Read his posts again. NEVER called christians murdering terrorists. He said that anyone that blindly follows faith is NO BETTER than aforementioned thingies.

3) Never called you Bin Laden, either. He (OSB) does things because HE believes they are right... How are YOU any different? I've got black hair... So does OSB... Doesn't mean I'm a terrorist... Same sort of thing... Follow?

4) I must have missed that one... I'll look further into it tommorrow... So tired... If that is the case, then it is inappropriate.

5) Fair enough. Why does it bother you so?

Ray didn't call you any of those things. He associated morals and motives... No reason for you to leave.

I don't question Ray's delivery. I don't question his ideals. He's just there, and he has been attacked repeatedly for them. I like to take the side of the underdog. So sue me
*I* do think that ray has interesting things to say. So what if I don't agree with 'em?

Triad, there is NO slander involved. Offensive? Well, you obviously find it so. That's cool. So have you actually tried reasoning with him, rather than calling him names? Ray's only ever done it (tenously at that) by inference... He hasn't said it, you filled in the blanks.

Once again, let's get more friendly. No-one's gonna get violent, or start buring holy-books

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSocha:
WOW! 16 pages! Way to go guys!

Somehow, I just knew you could all do it if you "ALL" worked together.

Anyways, too much for me to read through to even remotely get caught up on, let alone the fact I lost interest in the discussion itself...well...to put it bluntly...many posts ago..., so I'll just post here if you don't mind and not really add anything.

This way, I also don't add any of my religious beliefs as fuel to the fire and have to dawn a flame suit.

AHHH! What the heck! You're all wrong. My belief is right!

So your saying JSocha that your belief is the same as mine then. Because mine is right. Right?
So this is "working together" American style hey.
I think it's time for some beer and pizza in here.

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
"Let's be more friendly"

Seems to me I was the one asking YOU to be more friendly in your debate with someone else a few pages back...

Why isn't anyone asking RAY to be more friendly?

If I posted that MY ideas are the ONLY right ones and everyone who doesn't believe them dhould be KILLED I guarantee you I'd have caught a LOT of flack! But Ray? "Oh, that's just how Ray is..."

Whatever...

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
there are only two types of people in the world

those who try to split people into two groups

and those who know that doing so is an exercise in futility!

---------------------------------------

Intollerace in any way, shape or form
will not be tolerated on this forum!

One thing I have convinced myself of:

Its impossible to be certain of anything!

Paradox!

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Ken Wittlief

8410 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Oh boy!
This is a tough crowd!
a tough crowd I tell ya.

I dont get no regard! no regard at all.

and no consideration either.

logic and reasoning is falling apart in this thread faster than a Chineese motorcycle!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ken Wittlief:
Oh boy!
This is a tough crowd!
a tough crowd I tell ya.

I dont get no regard! no regard at all.

and no consideration either.

logic and reasoning is falling apart in this thread faster than a Chineese motorcycle!

Well, that's just it, isn't it. Logic & reasoning play little importance in something founded on Faith & Love. If science were to expose the existance of God with physical proof, there would stil be non-believers. (there are still many who don't believe we ever went to the moon) If the opposite were to happen, there would still be believers.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
I think it's time for some beer and pizza in here.

I'm with you on that. I'll buy the beer you buy the pizza?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock