Started on: 12-08-2001 02:20 AM
Replies: 61
Last post by: falconhulk on 12-14-2001 05:52 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
MR. VP CHAINIE energy CO. ENRON got 245,000,000 OF OUR TAX $$$$ just befor they went bankrupt as part of 9-11 baleout by BUSH. ENRON WAS THE LARGEST contributer to BUSH 00 campaige and sure got its moneys worth BACK. stock was 90.00 a share now is .27 cents. BUT DONOT WORRY all the FAT CATS got out first just the little guys got burned.
THINK RUSH WILL TALK about this????
should BUSH and VP GO TO JAIL?????
WILL ASHOLECROFT look in to this??????
WILL PIGS FLY??????

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 12-08-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like money well spent.
As usual ,, only part of the facts are being reported here on RayBnews. Please post corroboration related to the multi-million dollar federal bail-out you mentioned.

Enron's 52 week high was $85.00 +or- a few cents. Every breathing soul that invests in stocks, bond, m funds knows the risks (or should) up front. Last reported close on ENE stock was .75 cents, not .29 cents.
The disbursal of retention bonuses was a scheduled year-end event, spread among many execs. It is true that 11 people got 1/4 of the total offered.
http://www.opensecrets.org/2000elect/contrib/P00003335.htm
http://www.opensecrets.org/2000elect/contrib/ALLCands.htm
http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/contrib.asp?Ind=e

Will pigs fly? I gave that all the consideration it merits.
I used the opensecrets website as a link because they are, by their own admission, a liberal organization.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-08-2001).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
bettween working nights and switching to military i don't catch much news. sources please.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
OK is sooo much better that IT ONLY fell to .75 cents from 85.00???? But 90.00 was last year's high and .75 is last close not lowest close or lowest intraday #.
AND list shows some gave BUSH MORE $$$$$$ will they get more then Enron, back tooo???
BTW PIGS FLY FINE IN A BOX just like a cat or dog will!!!!!!

------------------

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Actually, it fell to 29 cents and then came back up to 75 cents. But I am interested in the bailout thing you mentioned. If there is wrong-doing going on, it SHOULD be investigated to the fullest, maybe even by independant counsel AND justice dept. I may dis-agree with you on religion, but believe justice should me handed out equally to all. If there is fraud, I will stand in your side of the court and holler for impeachment. One of the things that is going to result from the Enron demise, is the number of other companies and individuals that will be hit by falling 401K plan worth, if Enron is part of that plan. Anyone in a 401k should always check to see what their plan actually invests the money in.
Pigs don't always travel well in flight. We took several to villages while in VietNam as gifts from the Marines in Danang. They were pairs, to be used for breeding stock. Two died in transit. (of heart attacks I guess)
The villagers cooked them on the spot.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011208/bs/utilities_enron_lawsuit_dc_4.html

No mention of gov'nt funded bailouts... Where the hell is all that money GOING???

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

If an investor can't lok at his and see to get out back when they could recoup at least some of their losses, it's their own fault. This didn't happen over night, folks. The company may come out of it yet, Texaco did a chapter 11 and emerged stronger than ever.
I got an email earlier that Exxon/Mobil may be looking at taking over Enron's operations. May be just a rumor.
Mach10-The $1.1 billion mentioned in your link, is not that much for an energy exploration/wholesale company. $100K is chump change in Houston. I've worked on many drilling operations in the Gulf of Mexico where costs exceeded $2 million per DAY, always with the potential of a 'dry hole'. It sure does sound like some shady dealings going on tho. What the hel* is an energy company doing getting into the risky broadband business? Ray, still want some info on the bailout. I'm intrested. Was it attached to another bill as a rider? I can't find any mention on WWW.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
Bill M on P inC last nite was talking about this 245million bailout for Enron.
I am unsure if it was part of TAXCUT or airline bailout bill.
I thought GOVERMENT CASH FOR BIG CORP. was a COMMIE idea not a republican program but Bush fooled us all, real plan is wellfare but only for BIG BIZ, no $$$ for laidoff workers.
RICH GET RICHER poor get squat, where is COMPASION Bush talked about in campaign NOW??? more like SOS from his GANG.

------------------

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Look like rayb try to find s-thing to ***** and moan about whinny dumbass. I guess we cant all be smart like rayb just look how he type he so smart. I wish all of America was just like Miami where rayb and his essays live so we could just be smart and give $$ to laziness and sh!t on those who work to make money is that right rayb, you like how I type like you fool?
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
*blink*

Ok, THAT came out of NOWHERE

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

real plan is wellfare but only for BIG BIZ, no $$$ for laidoff workers.

The idea is simple, if you bail out the business, they can call back the laid off workers. If you give the same money to the laid off workers the business continues declining and lays off more. How do you break the downward spiral then?

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2001 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Still haven't found anything on a bailout of enron. Ray, you may have Enron confused with another 'small' company in regards to Dick Cheney.
Cheney was with Halliburton, not Enron. Halliburton owns Brown & Root, which is the prime contractor for Houston's new baseball stadium. What's it's name?

You guessed it: Enron Field. Enron arranged the financing for the construction. Guess they will be looking for a new name.
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
I don't get a chance to listen to the news much, but wasn't ENRON...weren't they the ones going to be aquired by another multi-billion dollar company which pulled out leaving them standing?

If this was the case and they were in negotiations to sell and be invested in by another company, ENRON would have had to watch their overall expenses as well attempt to make a profit in any way they could to maintain their attractiveness to the purchasing company and to keep the purchase price down instead of expanding and inflating their networth.

If the investing company suddenly decides to pull out of the purchase at last minute, ENRON would certainly be in a world of financial difficulty because they were suppressed during the negotiation process.

That's what can suddently topple a large company, is aquisitions that are preplanned like this to be made and suddenly, for reasons all their own, they have to or decide to pull out, leaving the other company in a stagnated position.

------------------

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Pigs don't always travel well in flight. We took several to villages while in VietNam as gifts from the Marines in Danang. They were pairs, to be used for breeding stock. Two died in transit. (of heart attacks I guess)
The villagers cooked them on the spot.

Well I bet you would have a heart attack to if dropped from a helicopter without a parachute

I was picturing you using them as bombs. LOL

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
ABC news at 6:30 sunday said 2 million to republicans in total in 2000 from ENRON.
demo's want a investigation NOW.
can you say WATERGATE 2 !!!!!!!!

------------------

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
So whats your point? What exactly is it you want this time rayb? Just something to complain about....figures, I never see you post anything positive...guess you're our local whiner.
BTW, I dont care what you or the "demos" want, they're not in power (thank God). You had 8 years w/ that p.o.s. demo in the White House to kiss your whinny ass, not anymore punk.

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 12-09-2001).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2001 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
WHY DO cop hate the poor but love the RICH??
A THIEF IS A THIEF no matter how much they steal and a rich thief is no better than a poor one just richer.
Clinton never stold a freight train ENRON NEEDED TO steal one JUST TO HAUL AWAY THE LOOT, BUT thats OK if your a REPUBLICAN I guess.
WE HAVE BEST GOVERMENT MONEY CAN BUY and ENRON bought BUSH his job and named WHO they wanted to be in what gov office to REGULATE THEM.
SORRY THIS AIN'T WHITEWATER BS this is a real WATERGATE 2.

------------------

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
All poloticians are bought and paid for that we evenutally put in office. Doesn't matter whether its the fat Pachaderms or the Jack A$$es that we elect. They are all corrupt in one way or another.

In the end, we still don't have jack sh*t for a leader that's honest, sincere or who can not lie. Some are just better then others at lies and covering things up. Clinton was one of the biggest!

We get what we all pay for.

And if it was you running for the Presidency or other office, you certainly would not be complaining and I'm certain you or any other would be taking full advantage at every possible corner for funds for your campaign.

Who cares if ENRON shelled out money. All large companies do.

The other factor, regardless who is assisting them in a bailout, is that if ENRON topples because of bad negotiation to be aquired by another large conglomarate, how long before other related companies topple where only one company stands as a monopoly, fuel or other prices go through the roof because they can't keep up with demand and thousands upon thousands of people are put out of work putting our economy in jepordy?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If you're claiming My7 (a Cop) hates someone, that's a pretty strong accusation. You're coming close to questioning his professional ethics. Do you know him? Also would like to know how anyone can buy a presidential election. No one holds a gun to anyone's head in a voting booth. Gore lost the election by a narrow margin. Not because of the Fla vote, but because he failed to stand up and chastise Clinton after he lied to the American people with his infamous 'I never had an affair with that girl' pointing his waving finger at the tv cameras in the process. When Al Gore failed to show any guts, I decided at that point not to vote for him. Not because he had less experience than GW, but because he had no guts. I would have much preferred McCain than either of the others. He was in favor of tax overhaul & campaign finance reform.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-10-2001).]

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

A THIEF IS A THIEF no matter how much they steal and a rich thief is no better than a poor one just richer.
Clinton never stold a freight train ENRON NEEDED TO steal one JUST TO HAUL AWAY THE LOOT, BUT thats OK if your a REPUBLICAN I guess.
WE HAVE BEST GOVERMENT MONEY CAN BUY and ENRON bought BUSH his job and named WHO they wanted to be in what gov office to REGULATE THEM.
SORRY THIS AIN'T WHITEWATER BS this is a real WATERGATE 2.

Did I ever say anything about hating anybody...um, NOPE. Thats just your twisted views (again) ray. Did I say anything about loving the rich? Once again, NOPE. Im not poor, but believe me, Im anything but rich. The only person I see "hating" on here is you ray, its one thing if you disagree w/someone or something, ect, but you constantly just bash whatever it is you dont agree with...be it politics, religion, ect. Get your facts strait first.

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Rayb this is bull. The president cannot pass any relief bill that is not approved by congress. Since that is the case then they would have been aware of it right? Even so Enron was a huge energy conglomerate and a huge upstream employer that Thousands of jobs and peoples retirement funds depended on. Do you really think these people would not welcome a Govt plan that tried to help them? WOuld you like to tell them that they should not have attempted to save some peoples entire savings? Yeah I can see how helping this company would be a really stupid thing for the economy.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
FACTS WILL COME OUT, wait a little, these things take time,[as republicans love to stonewall] BUT why are some so quick to defend ENRON who was the main force behind $2.00 gas and CAL. power cuts and EL co. going bankrupt?????AND use the profits to buy our goverment's aid in their plans.
AND at age 51 and 2/3 I must be the oldest punk my7 ever talked to?????

------------------

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

I would have much preferred McCain than either of the others. He was in favor of tax overhaul & campaign finance reform.

I'm not even American, but I would have welcomed McCain as president..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

I don't see the hate. I think most police officers spend more time with sorry azzed welfare recipients than with wealthy business owners. Sure there's crooks everywhere but I doubt the Enron board of directors will be out robbing liquor stores and selling drugs in the schoolyard.

I'm somewhat of a newshound and haven't seen anything of a gov't bailout of Enron. If anything it won't happen. You know - companies like Enron (market maker for deregulated public utilities) are partially to blame for 50,000 losers in Georgia who still haven't paid last year's gas bills and can't figure out why they're still cut off now that it's winter again. If anything the government will end up bailing out all the low-life lazy-azzed public assistance whores because they sure aren't paying their own way any where else and it will add up to way more than any corporate bail-out.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
IT WAS ON ABC NEWS LAST NITE AT 6:30[sunday]
ENRON ALLREADY GOT THE MONEY this is a done deal but only now are they talking about it.
This and much more info will come out in bankrupt court case of ENRON.
ABC NAMED 3 BUSH-ENRON people put in positions to regulate ENRON, or as the FOX WATCHING OVER THE CHICKENS with TAXPAYERS AS THE CHICKENS.
the long fact checking process has started, NOW remember how long watergate took????

------------------

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Why do you compare anything to watergate??? This is totally diffrent and would require a huge coverup. We are not talking about placing a bug during a convention. we are talking about misappropriating 245 million dollars. This would have shown up and would have had to be approved by commites in congress. Thats why our govt has the system of checks and balances that we do. I can tell you now that Democrats would have jumped all over it just like you did. I think you missed something somewhere. Also I dont think they would bring this crap out during this on going terrorist crissis. Although there are a lot of idiots jumping on Ashcrofts plan to keep this country safe.
DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

ABC news at 6:30 sunday said 2 million to republicans in total in 2000 from ENRON.
demo's want a investigation NOW.
can you say WATERGATE 2 !!!!!!!!

Here's a link to an ABC.com article:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/enron011210.html

"Since 1999, Enron and its executives have given more than $2 million to the Bush campaign and other GOP causes. Democrats got about a quarter of that amount."

Notice the Democrats got about $500,000 , maybe they're just mad because they got less. Why aren't you accusing them of corruption? You could be right, but more likely it's just politics as usual. Better access??? Name one politician that wouldn't return a phone call from a major contributor before one from an average citizen. The average guy would be lucky to get a form letter from an aide.

Also, conspiculously absent in an article summarizing the Bush-Enron connection, is any mention of the $245 million you mentioned.

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendDirect Link to This Post
thomas_l,

Be careful, white collar crime costs the states billions of dollars each year. Its true that there are far less cases (at least reported) then ... say, breaks and enters, But consider the magnitude of the damage done, and the money spent investigating, lawers, and courts. A single high profile case can cost millions of bucks just in judicial costs.

No matter where you look there is evils, weather it be in the welfare line, or the board office.

thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:
thomas_l,

Be careful, white collar crime costs the states billions of dollars each year. Its true that there are far less cases (at least reported) then ... say, breaks and enters, But consider the magnitude of the damage done, and the money spent investigating, lawers, and courts. A single high profile case can cost millions of bucks just in judicial costs.

No matter where you look there is evils, weather it be in the welfare line, or the board office.

I agree. My point was twofold:

1. The rich/poor comment to My7Fieros (police) was groundless. This comes from the mistaken assumption that police hate poor people and are friendly toward rich people. Police are just doing their jobs and in the course of an average day will be more involved with violent crimes that usually do not involve (note I didn't say never) rich people. In fact, the very decisions ANY people make that lead to lawlessness usually end up making them poor anyway.

2. "Less than fortunate" people leech more from the gov't than any high profile corporate bailout. Most bailouts are one time affairs that can lead to people staying employed. Social programs only perpetuate and discourage people from being productive members of society.

Frankly I'd rather know a few tax dollars were funding these bailouts than paying to breed the next generation of street predators.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2001 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have Lesco's address. My business is down and I need a couple million to boost my (oops, our) economic status. I really want an awesome Lambo or GT40. Lots of people depend on me. Parts guys, dealership, paint store, gas & electric, salesmen. I think Im dragging the country down with me. Oh yea, and Ill be willing to support the building of Rogers International Speedway.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-10-2001).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

FACTS WILL COME OUT, wait a little, these things take time,[as republicans love to stonewall] BUT why are some so quick to defend ENRON who was the main force behind $2.00 gas and CAL. power cuts and EL co. going bankrupt?????AND use the profits to buy our goverment's aid in their plans.

Ray, Please explain how Enron was behind "$2.00 gas". & while you're at it, I'd like to hear who YOU think gets the credit for $.99/gal gasoline. Please be clear enough for another 50yr+ old oilfield hand to understand.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ray b:
[b]FACTS WILL COME OUT, wait a little, these things take time,[as republicans love to stonewall] BUT why are some so quick to defend ENRON who was the main force behind $2.00 gas and CAL. power cuts and EL co. going bankrupt?????AND use the profits to buy our goverment's aid in their plans.

Ray, Please explain how Enron was behind "$2.00 gas". & while you're at it, I'd like to hear who YOU think gets the credit for $.99/gal gasoline. Please be clear enough for another 50yr+ old oilfield hand to understand.[/B][/QUOTE]

ENRON was betting on energy prices hopeing to drive them up so they could profit from futures contract's they owned. When terrorest fear made us stay home and not drive as much supplys went up and prices down and ENRON's house of cards fell apart with the falling price and they had to sellout cheap to cover payments due driving down prices to the point that ENRON is now bankrupt. while they didnot act alone they were the BIGEST TRADERS in the markets for oil and futures.
SO Bush and ENRON for the run up to 2.00 and everyone's favorite target terrorest leader for the back to a buck price now.
MUCH LIKE HUNT BRO'S DID TO SILVER prices $50.oo to 5.00 in their bets in the silver markets.

------------------

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Ray thats just pure fantasy. 2.00 gas was casued by Opec trying to keep oil prices in a specific area and Oil refinerys limiting output to control prices and oil refinerys not being able to make enough and oil refinerys having to put expensive additives into gas for some regions and.....................

No futures had a damn thing to do with it.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
Ray thats just pure fantasy. 2.00 gas was casued by Opec trying to keep oil prices in a specific area and Oil refinerys limiting output to control prices and oil refinerys not being able to make enough and oil refinerys having to put expensive additives into gas for some regions and.....................

No futures had a damn thing to do with it.

WHO DO YOU THINK owns the pipelines in and out of the refinerys and controls amt of oil on the markets and finished products output
ENRON!!!!!!!
LEARN WHAT A FUTURE IS and how the big guys do use them.
SUPPLY AND DEMAND are main factor on price BUT the markets can and are being FIXED by big money as they can reduce supply or increase demand as they see fit.ALL IT TAKES IS A FEW BILLION IN CASH OR CREDIT.
STUDY HOW HUNT BRO's DID IT TO SILVER with futures contracts scam.

------------------

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh hah hah hah hah hah hah......you may be right. Or you may be crazy. Well just have to wait and see
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh hah hah hah hah hah hah......you may be right. Or you may be crazy. Well just have to wait and see

same as on watergate many thought no 3rate break in could or would get Nixon out.
took 2 full years BUT He did get on that choper and leave for good. if VP goes tooo who will be prez next?????McCAIN??????

LIKE Cassandra I am right but never belived
look in homer's iliad to find out about her!
as I donot belive in reincarrnation she must be a ancester of mine.

WHO on this board said arm the northern allyance first in afgan after 9-11
and many said O-NO that woun't work

------------------

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Ray, I might be inclined to believe that, if it happened that way. Problem is, Enron dealt almost exclusively in NATURAL GAS and electrical power, with side ventures in steel and broadband. The largest producer of gasoline in the world is Exxon, with the largest proven crude oil reserves in the world. They own:
1.Their own oil reserves.
2.Their own ocean going tankers.
2.Their own refineries.
4.Their own pipelines and distribution
centers.
5 Their own truck tankers.
6.Their own service stations.
Add to that, Year 2000 total income was 232 billion dollars, net-17.1 billion dollars-cash reserves-$15 million-total assests pushing 130 billion dollars, they could at any time in the last 7 years, buy Enron 10 times over, and your explanation isn't plausible. Perhaps in natural gas or electrical power, but not in gasoline. BP Ammoco, Chevron/Texaco (2nd & 3rd in world)are also far too large to be influenced by a commodity trader. These three producers provide most of the gasoline in the U.S.. Even to your neighborhood convenience stores. You don't think 7-11 has their own refineries do you? Supply & demand set the price of gasoline, Ray. My family & I have been involved with Exxon since before it was Exxon (Humble Oil & Refining Co), I know what I'm talking about in this matter. Like I say, you may be right if you are referring to Nat Gas or electricty, even home heating oil, since they are much more volitile in price fluctuation and supply. But not gasoline.
DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
I know supply and demand are factors, but since no one seems to ever run out of gas to sell, I am suspicious. They must employ psychics if they can predict exactly how much to raise the price to discourage buying just enough to keep from running out.

Also, gasoline prices seem to go up very quickly on the speculation that something bad will happen to the supply. However, they seem to go down very slowly after there is a proven, not speculated, surplus.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
I know supply and demand are factors, but since no one seems to [b]ever run out of gas to sell, I am suspicious. They must employ psychics if they can predict exactly how much to raise the price to discourage buying just enough to keep from running out.

Also, gasoline prices seem to go up very quickly on the speculation that something bad will happen to the supply. However, they seem to go down very slowly after there is a proven, not speculated, surplus.

[/B]

That's just greed, by area retailers, and many times is just isolated to certain areas.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
I just did a quick web search and it seems ENRON DOES OWN PIPELINEs that carry oil tooo.
they were a BIG PLAYER IN FUTURES in all form of energy inc crude oil and finished products and were #1 on list for 2ooo bribs
as link you posted is for 2002 unless you change the date to 2000 and then enron is top of list at 2,400,000 in bribs AKA contributions with 74% to the republicans.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock