Started on: 12-01-2001 05:57 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Raydar on 12-02-2001 06:34 PM
hugh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Comcast has been offering deals on their cable internet service knowing full well they had a very good chance of losing their internet provider.I was going to change to their service,now I'm not so sure I want to deal with a company that operates as they do.It only makes me more uncomfortable with my daughter,s wedding next July.They want their money before the wedding.That means by June they will be paid in excess of $5,000,and all we have is a receipt.If they declare bancruptcy,which has happened before,someone will to have serious problems.The only reason I have any concern is,have seen it before.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
I was also planning to switch to Comcast Internet, and actually had a date set for the installer to come. He already stood me up twice, and now, after finding out on the news last eve. that Excite@home, their provider, went belly-up, I suppose I'll stick with AOL for now.

Speaking of stealing...
I went to a flea market today (I'm sure you know the one, Dad) and bought a CD for $3.00. It appeared to be new, as it was still in the plastic, and I wondered how it was possible to acquire new ones and sell them so cheap.
When I got home, and opened it, I discovered how they do it. They burn a copy from the original, copy the cover art on their computer, and package it up, plastic and all.
If I'd known this, I would not have purchased it. I don't knowingly do business with felons...

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2001 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I just read in today's paper.Comcast didn't lose their internet access.The paper said they pay Excite $12 for every subscriber.Now I know they have some expenses and are entitled to a profit,but they charge their subscribers $40.A markup of $28 has to be above their expenses and a reasonable profit,that is downright obscene.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2001 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I will take this opportunity to plug Earthlink. I have DSL through them, and it has performed quite well.
I did a "do it yourself" install.
Took about 30 minutes to hook everything up.
Once I called tech support (needed PPPoE and didn't know it) I was up and running in just a few minutes.
It helped that I knew my way around Windows networking setup, but still was very painless.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock