Started on: 11-30-2001 05:34 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: XDrewX on 12-02-2001 01:03 AM
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2001 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

we've had one of the qualifying rounds of the x-games here the last 3 years. they build a big temporary park for it. just heard on the news the city's going to build a permanent one by spring. that means by the time it's built i'll be 42, but i've got to try it when it gets built. it's what i did growing up and only stopped 'cause the park we had closed and i felt too old to be street skating then (so don't ask why i should be trying it now).

so one day when the kids are in school and the park is deserted more or less i'll be there.

just be prepared for the injury post.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2001 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
Thats cool that your 42 and skateboard , much props!, i still do, haven't much because my fiero !, but i get to it sometimes , do you skate old school?or freestlye boards?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8lv6

www.geocities.com/acme_s2000/intro.html
yo_sweet!

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2001 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Oh Boy! Here we go. I can imagine it now. He's gonna skate board in the new park, break a hip, go to the emergency room and eventually die like all old people do.

j/k!

------------------

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2001 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i don't skate at all now. that will make it even better. i'll be like the new people who used to show up at the old park. one minute you see them watching. turn around and they're laying in the bottom of the bowl waiting for the ambulance to come.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
well i don't skateboard but i hit up the skateparks when i bmx'd for a short while... i remember the first time i went off a box jump.
XDrewX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2001 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XDrewXSend a Private Message to XDrewXDirect Link to This Post
Heres my story,

I used to skate ALOT about 20 years ago,
(god I feel old).
I was good, real good, then I got into BMX.

Well my son skates now.
Man have the boards changed.
When I skated, We only had one "kick tail". and our trucks were wide as were our wheels.

Over the summer, I was going out to check the mail. Our mail boxes are centrally located, so it is about 200 feet from my curb.

Well I grabbed my sons board and headed out to the street.
I jumped on the board and took off to the mail boxes. I kind of surprised myself how comfortable I was after all the years of not skating.
Well,
All my sons friends were hanging out in front of the house, and thought that It was cool as S*it, that I could ride,

Heres the good part:

I got cockey and did a couple spins, then Decided I was going to ollie up onto the curb.
I got some speed...........Ollied.......
and firmly planted the front truck into the curb.

I hit the ground hard on my shoulder, and my mail went flying.

No injury, just some hurt pride.

In all this rambling I guess the feel good thing was that I could still ride the board and do a few tricks after not skating for many years.

If you want to hear another funny story, ask Me about going snow boarding last year.

Peace,

Andrew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock