3d/photoshop gurus? by Screwie
Started on: 11-27-2001 11:45 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: loafer87gt on 11-27-2001 02:41 PM
Screwie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2001 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScrewieSend a Private Message to ScrewieDirect Link to This Post
I know there are some 3D and/or photoshop gurus here, and I don't know a good 3d-forum so I'll ask it here

I was wondering, does anyone know how you can create a BMP texture like the one below in photoshop? Or does anybody know an online tutorial for this? (Especially the "straightened" part of the fron and rear view)

Thanks very much!

[This message has been edited by Screwie (edited 11-27-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2001 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
It kinda hard to explain but I'll give it a shot. What you need is a 3d program and a UVW unwrapper utility. This utility exports you geometry to a 2d format, unfolding it so that you get the image like you posted. You can then load this template image that is generated by the 3d program into an app like photoshop and texture map it. You can then load the photshopped image back into a 3d program and texture map your original object. Do a search on the net for UVW mapping and you shoud find some more info.
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/xyz/links/tutorials/uvw/simpleUVW.htm
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock