Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What are some cool ways to decorate the house for X-mas?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What are some cool ways to decorate the house for X-mas? by turbo86se
Started on: 11-24-2001 01:51 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Return of Fiero on 11-27-2001 06:24 AM
turbo86se

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seClick Here to Email turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
This year I think I may challenge my neighbors, who tend to light up everything including the door knob. They're proud of their >$200 electric bill for Dec too!

I'm not going to light up my whole house, just looking for suggestions on some cool ideas to decorate!
Thanks!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Dont forget the extra christmas tree covered with junk cdrs

they shure are shiny

85ZainoGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85ZainoGTClick Here to Email 85ZainoGTSend a Private Message to 85ZainoGTDirect Link to This Post
x-mas lights?

------------------
Paul Ventimiglia
1987 Gold GT 2.8L
All the options :)

NEW pics are coming SOON hopefully... geez!

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilClick Here to Email PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Just write Scrooge on your mailbox.
Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:
They're proud of their >$200 electric bill for Dec too!

Jeez, i gotta move to south carolina, my electric bill rarely dips under $350

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about you guys. But I tried to get into the Christmas spirit today, since it is the weekend , by displaying my Tanabaums in the bedroom with the wife but she didn't seem at all impressed with my decorations.

------------------

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillClick Here to Email rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Spray paint any spiders gold and sprinkle sparklies on them while the paint is still wet. Quite pretty really, especially the big ones.
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2001 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Click Here to Email deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
String lights on all the parts cars you have, especially if they're up on blocks in the front yard.

And use the chaser light strings on the wheels, giving the impression the cars are moving.

Seriously, a guy down the street usually puts up a 6 by 10 foot sign with lights saying "Happy Holidays from the >>>>>" family...it's so tacky that every year I dream of re-wiring it to say something like...

"Bah Humbug"
"Happy Holidays from the neighborhood pedophile"
"Telemarketers...Come and get it"
"I love it up the assss"

"Osama wuz here"

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2001 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Best thing I've seen was pretty simple, but just makes you sit & stare. The guy had several tall trees in his front yard, and of course the leaves had fallen by this time of year. He dropped 10 or so white chaser lights straight down from the high branches, and left some solid white lights laying around the ground where those strands came down. At night in the dark, it looked like snow or white rain, slowly falling into little pools. It was beautiful. This was in Waynesville Ohio. I keep saying I'm going to do that someday.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2001 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
How about a nice leg lamp in the front window?
rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2001 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillClick Here to Email rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Was that an Italian leg lamp?
PFF
System Bot
Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2001 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post
Fraa---geee---laaaayyy
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopClick Here to Email ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
I put Christmas lights on my dogs and set them in the front yard.

It's a good thing.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
my favorite decoration is dark blue christmas lights everywhere - looks awesome at night - esp when there is snow all around

just have to worry about you house being mistaken for a runway by passing jetliners :c)

putting lights around a garden edge where they wont get stepped on looks super when covered with snow - the snow lights up and glows.

something else I like is when someone puts floodlights under trees, pointing straight up, so the branches lite up at night - looks mysterious.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
run sets of lights out to the car in front, can't untangle the string?? just put them in a big pitcher or a large jar.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ken Wittlief:
my favorite decoration is dark blue christmas lights everywhere - looks awesome at night - esp when there is snow all around

just have to worry about you house being mistaken for a runway by passing jetliners :c)
I do love blue lights, but my wife can't stand them. She says blue traditionally has nothing to do with Christmas. I'm like, so? They're beautiful! Goes great with smooth jazz.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaClick Here to Email TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Well,... here's what to do with any leftovers

Tina

BTW Not admiting to anything,
BUT...decorate where you want it to sit after your all done.
(it's a royal pain,getting behind the wheel and trying to move it after the fact.

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 11-26-2001).]

isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
LOL nice work Tina!
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2001 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaClick Here to Email FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
I just throw a menorah up in the front window and I'm all decorated for the holidays
Return of Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2001 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Return of FieroClick Here to Email Return of FieroSend a Private Message to Return of FieroDirect Link to This Post
you know, when I lived in Manchester, for anyone in the area who might have see it, yes im the sicko, i used to live on Pine St. across the parking lot from mike grubby pub, rather pub and grub. i was the one who hung lights from my window around a lit up santa's neck with the "spank me" sign on it. got some neat praise from it, varing from, HA HA HA to YOU PIG!. really brought out the best in people.
Now its lights in the window, and cutesy things, because i have kids. hey, what the hell, i kind of like this cutesy crap.
Myke

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock