Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What are the best concerts you've seen? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What are the best concerts you've seen? by Brandon86SE
Started on: 11-20-2001 06:42 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: Red2m4 on 11-22-2001 08:21 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2001 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah. I almost forgot!

Grand Funk Railroad. About 5 years ago. Awesome!!! High energy rock and roll!
They played a benefit concert in Detroit, for Bosnia, that turned into a US tour.
The venue they played in Atlanta (Chastain Park) really blew goats, but the music was great!

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-21-2001).]

IP: Logged
JSocha

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2001 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, just how in the heck do you blow goats?

Ahhh...ummm...never mind...just pretend I never asked that? Yeah! That's it! I never asked! whew!

4UMLA1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4UMLA1Click Here to visit 4UMLA1's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4UMLA1Direct Link to This Post
Here are some of the best ones that I have seen, at least the ones that I can remember:
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in Maryland
Grateful Dead (as The Warlocks) in Hampton
Stevie Ray Vaughn at The Boathouse in Norfolk
Robert Plant Solo, Maryland
Robert Plant Solo, Hampton
Rolling Stones in Washington
Rolling Stones in Hampton
The list goes on and on and on
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2001 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Stadium shows-
The Cure. Awesome sound and light show.
Gathering of the Tribes- precursor to the original Lollapalooza
Lollapalooza 1
Tibetan Freedom Concert, Golden Gate Park

Club Shows-
Red Hot Chili Peppers original line up, One Step Beyond, Santa Clara CA
Big Audio Dynamite, also at OSB. (So freakin funky in there,it steamed up the DJ's records!)
Live 105 Green Christmas in 93.
Exotic Erotic Ball, SF in 92.

As you can see, I haven't been to a show in a while...

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
a band called Muckafurgason opened for tmbg adn they kicked ass too. the first song they played was called "you aint a man until yuo've had a man." they'll be famous someday, buy stock now.
reddog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reddogClick Here to visit reddog's HomePageSend a Private Message to reddogDirect Link to This Post
I would have to say Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. I think mostly becuase it was spring break with lots of Bikinis and lots of beer!!! I saw them at Spinnakers in Panama City Beach. I,ve been wanting to bring them to my club for a concert but haven't been able to work out the details yet.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
best if we can class them concerts to me

George Carlin
Steven Wright

music wise, only been to 2 live in my life, both for a certain blonde great other than all the annoying little kids.

ps-I wasnt the only 'old' person there either, surprized even me how many were.

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
I've been gong to concerts since high school. It's to determine which is best...they all had their moments.

U2, REM, Jethro Tull, Rush, Styx, Kansas, Rory Gallagher, Cyndi Lauper, The Residents, The Cure, 10,000 Maniacs, Lone Justice, Peter Gabriel, Petra, Big Tent Revival, Phil Keaggy, and many more.

Most recently, North Mississippi Allstars, Five for Fighting, Weezer.

Concerts I want to see: Pete Yorn, Radiohead, Old 97s, Barenakes Ladies, Train, The Olivia Tremor Control, Live, Tortoise, Josh Joplin Group.

Cyberkhat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CyberkhatSend a Private Message to CyberkhatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2birds:
Haven't been to many concerts, due to the ridiculously high prices.

My favorite was Rush (Hold Your Fire tour, 1988). Would have loved to have been there for the making of All the World's a Stage.

I saw Buddy Guy a month ago at a small club in Jacksonville. He played for 2-1/2 hours. I sat 5 feet from the stage. Lost a bit of hearing, I'm sure.

Next would be REO Speedwagon back in '85.

In their heyday, I would have loved to have seen Lynrd Skynrd, Journey, Styx, Foreigner, Alice Cooper (back in the 70's), and the original Van Halen.

Blue Oyster Cult is my next concert goal.

Cyberkhat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CyberkhatSend a Private Message to CyberkhatDirect Link to This Post

Cyberkhat

71 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by 2birds:
Haven't been to many concerts, due to the ridiculously high prices.

My favorite was Rush (Hold Your Fire tour, 1988). Would have loved to have been there for the making of All the World's a Stage.

I saw Buddy Guy a month ago at a small club in Jacksonville. He played for 2-1/2 hours. I sat 5 feet from the stage. Lost a bit of hearing, I'm sure.

Next would be REO Speedwagon back in '85.

In their heyday, I would have loved to have seen Lynrd Skynrd, Journey, Styx, Foreigner, Alice Cooper (back in the 70's), and the original Van Halen.

Blue Oyster Cult is my next concert goal.

I have caught Rush in concert 8 times now dating back to the 2112 tour in ( I think) 78
Last saw em in 96 for the Test for Echo tour. They are so professional and the music sounds like you're sittin in the studio next to them. Not to mention it ROCKS.Neil Pert(drums) is simply amazing to behold. There is no substitute. Peace y'all Cyberkhat.

Red2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2001 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red2m4Send a Private Message to Red2m4Direct Link to This Post
WOODSTOCK 99 !!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay