computer peeps need ur help! by yo_sweet
Started on: 11-19-2001 07:43 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: yo_sweet on 11-20-2001 04:37 PM
yo_sweet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2001 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
ok i formatted my hd and now when im ,installing win 98 on the setup my cd rom freezes and the floppy light stays on so i plugged in another cd rom and that didn't work now my pc wont reconize the origonal cd rom drive wtf??? and whoever had this computer before has a password protect on the bios setup how do i fix this??? 14.4 dial up sucks!! need help please
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2001 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
btw how do i create system disks from the windows 98 cdrom? convert the cd to floppys that is??
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
If your floppy drive light is staying on it may be plugged in wrong.
Try flipping the cable on the floppy drive.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
The floppy (3.5) needs to be on the end of the ribbon cable. On the connector that is past the twisted part, if you want it to be 'drive a:'. you probably already knew that.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2001).]

troydeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troydebSend a Private Message to troydebDirect Link to This Post
First off jake is most likely right about the floppy drive, check the cable. The cdrom on the other hand your gonna have to get into the bios because unplugging the original most likely removed it from being seen as a bootable device. You can usually go online and find out the back door passwords to your bios if you know what brand and version you have (ex. award-bios v4.00) or something along those lines.

hope i was actually a little help after typing that much

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
No need for crackers.
Just take out the battery for 45 seconds with the power cord pulled OUT! or close the circuit at the clear cmos jumpers if this board has them.

That will fix the password

Pheagey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PheageyClick Here to visit Pheagey's HomePageSend a Private Message to PheageyDirect Link to This Post
ok, to fix the BIOs problem open the case, find the battery, remove battery, wait 24Hrs. (some have backup reduntancy).
Put battery back in and try it then.
Floppy: yep as above,
CD-ROM: Um...yea by plugin the second one in w/o doin and IDE search from the BIOS may have messed something up. do the battery thing and try as IDE search then.
As for copyin the CD to floppies- you'd probly be wasting your time. it would take over 25 Floppies (then there the whole what floppy ahs the file again?? problem.).
Good luck dude...

------------------
'88 coupe, 5 speed.
"The car formerly know as Dj's Fiero."

yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2001 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
ok, now i formatted the hd again got into bios by removing the battry now it wont work at all i can't boot anything a blinking marker line just comes up ??? any ideas i don't feeli like spend another $100 getting the software installed again help!!!
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2001 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post

yo_sweet

633 posts
Member since Aug 2001
i think my cd rom may be skrewed thats why i would like to copy it to like 20 floppys how would i do this?
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2001 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Go into bios and set the CDrom to be the first bootable device. Reboot with the cdrom in the drive
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2001 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Yo sweet,
If you wanna pay for shipping to and from tennessee, I will straighten your pc out and load you with the software you want.

Just a suggestion.

No charge of coarse.
E.B.

PFF
System Bot
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2001 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
guys just fixed it!!!! thanks for the offers , and help much appriciated

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock